Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: 2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0 Reply with quote

Since the other will be locked soon, I guess we should make another one.

Here's the last post to continue the convo:

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 am Post subject:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Tacos wrote:
reddevil wrote:
Now we know that we are picking between 3-5 we know that McK will do 1 of 2 things: Pick where we are or trade down.

2 things spring to mind when you consider this:

1. What selection of players will he choose from if he uses the high pick? It's likely that Geno Smith will be gone and I can't see another QB being picked that high. I can't see a DB being picked that high, although Dee Milliner is a good player, the value just isn't there and same goes for non-pass rushing LBs (Teo) and interior lineman (Warmack). I might be wrong, but I just can't see it happening.
That leaves - Joeckel, Star, Werner, Moore and Jones IMO as realistic options. Would you be satisfied with one of the above? Are there anymore realistic options? Would you be unhappy with any of them.

2. What teams, if any, would be willing to be trade partners with us? The ideal would be the Rams with their 2 first-rounders. Will they do this though given that the position they will be looking at - LT has several pretty good options (Lewan, Matthews) that could be had where they already are?

I'd be interested to see what people thought about the above.

I'd love to get those two firsts from STL but don't see it happening. I wouldn't mind any of the picks you mentioned, aside from Joeckel because we need help on D more than O. I certainly wouldn't be mad at getting him, I just really want to go defense this year.

I agree with all. Also SF might be a trade partner. They have a lot of depth currently and a lot of picks.

PM sig requests.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should trade down,but not out of the top 10, then nab Damontre Moore, we need a serious pass rusher, then fill NT in free agency with someone like Sammie Lee Hill. The DL would be set.

Houstan- Shaughnessy

Bryant- Bilikudi

Hill- late round pick

Moore- Carter
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can trade down, that is obviously the best choice b/c there really is no top end talent in this draft. BUT for that reason, it will be difficult to trade down. If we could grab Star or Joeckel early I'd be happy. If we trade down a little and grab Hankins or Lewan, I'm happy.

We need to build this team from the inside out like it's supposed to be done. We have too many guys on our d-line making way too much money for the lack of production. We need some new talent in there from day 1 of next season. All four guys I listed are capable of starting at this moment in time. They're not perfect prospects or even what people feel are perfect prospects (ala Gerrard Warren) but they fit the bill and it's what we have to work w/ this draft.

Gotta take what we can get.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
I think we should trade down,but not out of the top 10, then nab Damontre Moore, we need a serious pass rusher, then fill NT in free agency with someone like Sammie Lee Hill. The DL would be set.

Houstan- Shaughnessy

Bryant- Bilikudi

Hill- late round pick

Moore- Carter

I don't think Moore falls out of the top 10. He's the best DE prospect and more versatile than Werner. I could see him going as 5 to 10 but doubt he makes it out of the top 10. Especially in such a poor draft class.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Houstan- Shaughnessy

Bryant- Bilikudi

Hill- late round pick

Moore- Carter

I don't think Moore falls out of the top 10. He's the best DE prospect and more versatile than Werner. I could see him going as 5 to 10 but doubt he makes it out of the top 10. Especially in such a poor draft class.
Yes that's why i said we should not trade out of the top 10, but I would be happy with either him or Werner.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure there are multiple teams that have/will fall inlove with Jockel, Star or Moore. People keep saying this is a weak draft, but how do the top prospects of this draft compare to last years draft for example? What makes this class so weak? Is it the top talent is overall not as elite as years past, or is there a lack of depth? Or is it just the fact this class does not have a truely "elite" QB compared to recent drafts? I feel like this is only a weak class due to everyone being spoiled from last years amazing class. Im sure this is similar to every other year prior to the 2012 class.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Houstan- Shaughnessy

Bryant- Bilikudi

Hill- late round pick

Moore- Carter

Yes that's why i said we should not trade out of the top 10, but I would be happy with either him or Werner.

For some reason I read 'just out of the top 10'. My b.

That's what I'd prefer. Moore/Werner and sign SLH. Rotate Bilukidi in with Bryant and Hill. Completely agree.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Im sure there are multiple teams that have/will fall inlove with Jockel, Star or Moore. People keep saying this is a weak draft, but how do the top prospects of this draft compare to last years draft for example? What makes this class so weak? Is it the top talent is overall not as elite as years past, or is there a lack of depth? Or is it just the fact this class does not have a truely "elite" QB compared to recent drafts? I feel like this is only a weak class due to everyone being spoiled from last years amazing class. Im sure this is similar to every other year prior to the 2012 class.

Drives me nuts every time I hear that, due to us not having a first last year. Oh well it can all change this year!
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's how he plays under pressure that bothers me, I know you've already kind of addressed that but it still bothers me. I also think he needs to work on making reads a bit.

We have too poor of a defense to draft a QB at 3, if we trade down and acquire multiple picks and get him mid first, I don't know, maybe that would be okay. Moore, Star, Werner, and maybe even Jones could really help this team. I know QB's are important but having a top 5 QB didn't help New Orleans much this year.

I wouldn't worry about those things, he is only a two year starter, he has a masters degree so I don't think intelligence is the issue. As for the pressure issue, he is good at manipulating the pocket to buy time but he does get rattled when he gets hit, that same weakness didn't stop Tom Brady from being one of the best QB's of all time. I think if you get this kid a good line and a good group of WR's he will be an elite QB.

I also know he isn't going to help this team immediately, but I couldn't care less in that regard. We all know QB is the most important position and if you are in position to grab one you should. I would be fine with being the worst team in the NFL next year if that meant we could draft Jadeveon Clowney.

this is a very bad year to say having a top 5 QB didn't help the saints, because 3 rookie QB's led their teams to the playoffs, a franchise QB can inject life into a franchise.

Last edited by macklemore on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Houstan- Shaughnessy

Bryant- Bilikudi

Hill- late round pick

Moore- Carter

I would like to trade down, but not to the point where you miss the chance to grab a sure difference maker. That's the risk you take of course. We have no idea how the combine will affect some draftees prospects. Dion Jordan for example could shoot up draft boards.

My ideal would be to pick up the Rams 2 1st rounders and be in the running for Warmack, Jordan, Lewan and even a giant run stuffer like Jesse Williams who doesn't get the stats but would be a player that would make us more versatile and able to run 3-4 when we wanted. I would be pretty chuffed to pick up Jordan and Williams if we were able to trade back. With that, suddenly you would have 2 players that would make our so called hybrid, truly hybrid. Just think of the options:

4-3 run stuffing: Houston-Bilikudu-Williams-Bryant
4-3 passing downs: Houston-Bilikudi-Bryant-Jordan
3-4: Houston-Williams-Bryant, with Jordan as the pass-rushing linebacker.

A favourable trade could have a huge impact on the team. I pray that one top rated player excels at the combine and one of the teams with picks decides to pull the trigger.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

Houstan- Shaughnessy

Bryant- Bilikudi

Hill- late round pick

Moore- Carter

This is what I hope we do - maybe pick up a 2nd rounder while moving down to about #6, then something like:

1- Moore, DEOLB, A&M
2- Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3- Hodges, LB, Penn State or a NT

I like Knighton as the free agent, but Hill would do the job also.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Quote:
It's how he plays under pressure that bothers me, I know you've already kind of addressed that but it still bothers me. I also think he needs to work on making reads a bit.

We have too poor of a defense to draft a QB at 3, if we trade down and acquire multiple picks and get him mid first, I don't know, maybe that would be okay. Moore, Star, Werner, and maybe even Jones could really help this team. I know QB's are important but having a top 5 QB didn't help New Orleans much this year.

I wouldn't worry about those things, he is only a two year starter, he has a masters degree so I don't think intelligence is the issue. As for the pressure issue, he is good at manipulating the pocket to buy time but he does get rattled when he gets hit, that same weakness didn't stop Tom Brady from being one of the best QB's of all time. I think if you get this kid a good line and a good group of WR's he will be an elite QB.

I also know he isn't going to help this team immediately, but I couldn't care less in that regard. We all know QB is the most important position and if you are in position to grab one you should. I would be fine with being the worst team in the NFL next year if that meant we could draft Jadeveon Clowney.

this is a very bad year to say having a top 5 QB didn't help the saints, because 3 rookie QB's led their teams to the playoffs, a franchise QB can inject life into a franchise.

If that happened you get your wish because Allen would most assuredly be fired. Laughing
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Quote:

If that happened you get your wish because Allen would most assuredly be fired. Laughing

Why would he get fired? he would still have no talent so nothing would be his fault.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a perfect world, we can trade down, get 2 first, and draft Jordan and Okafor. Jordan to play SLB and Okafor at RE.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0 Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Now we know that we are picking between 3-5 we know that McK will do 1 of 2 things: Pick where we are or trade down.

2 things spring to mind when you consider this:

1. What selection of players will he choose from if he uses the high pick? It's likely that Geno Smith will be gone and I can't see another QB being picked that high. I can't see a DB being picked that high, although Dee Milliner is a good player, the value just isn't there and same goes for non-pass rushing LBs (Teo) and interior lineman (Warmack). I might be wrong, but I just can't see it happening.
That leaves - Joeckel, Star, Werner, Moore and Jones IMO as realistic options. Would you be satisfied with one of the above? Are there anymore realistic options? Would you be unhappy with any of them.

2. What teams, if any, would be willing to be trade partners with us? The ideal would be the Rams with their 2 first-rounders. Will they do this though given that the position they will be looking at - LT has several pretty good options (Lewan, Matthews) that could be had where they already are?

I'd be interested to see what people thought about the above.

The Rams are a very scrappy team and could be picking in the mid-teens. While there is a possibility that Lewan or Fisher could still be on the board when the Rams on the clock (Matthews is a RT btw), if you are playing in a division with Clemons, Irvin and Aldon and you have the opportunity to get THE premiere LT of the 2013 draft then you do so. Especially if you have additional multiple 1st round picks in '14 & '15. In a weak draft a premium is placed on the few transcendent prospects available. It's a trade that makes sense for both parties.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: