Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I thought about it and I think I don't want Werner at all any more. He's got hella potential but there are a few big issues imo.

He projects to SDE for one. Where we have Lamarr Houston. Sure, we could try to slide Houston to a 3-Tech DT but is that really best for the team? We already have Bryant there (presumably) and Bilukidi is a tweener as it is.

I really don't like his motor. If you have questions about your motor as a 4-3 DE and you're a top pick, that's really concerning to me.

He's a little small for a LDE too; he'll need to add weight imo to stack up against the bigger RTs. He's strong but he's still about 255. I don't see him tearing it up over there like Burgess used to as a pass rusher. And I'm not sure how he'll fare with speed/quickness if he puts on some weight.

I haven't looked into him really in depth, but these are all reasons to me that we shouldn't pick him

ziggy >> werner

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I thought about it and I think I don't want Werner at all any more. He's got hella potential but there are a few big issues imo.

He projects to SDE for one. Where we have Lamarr Houston. Sure, we could try to slide Houston to a 3-Tech DT but is that really best for the team? We already have Bryant there (presumably) and Bilukidi is a tweener as it is.

I really don't like his motor. If you have questions about your motor as a 4-3 DE and you're a top pick, that's really concerning to me.

He's a little small for a LDE too; he'll need to add weight imo to stack up against the bigger RTs. He's strong but he's still about 255. I don't see him tearing it up over there like Burgess used to as a pass rusher. And I'm not sure how he'll fare with speed/quickness if he puts on some weight.

I haven't looked into him really in depth, but these are all reasons to me that we shouldn't pick him

Pretty much where I am w/ him and he was among my favorites.

I'm having a heck of time with this class and probably over thinking it because it's been so long since the Raiders had a 1st round pick. But I look at the 'top' guys and I see similar players who could be had with a later pick.

I want to fall in love with Star, but is he that much better than Kawan Short? Is Werner, Moore that much better than Okafor? Maybe.

It's why I'm liking the idea of going QB or trading down if at all possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a soft playoff team like New England, Green Bay,Atlanta that needs to change how easily they get pushed around on defense will trade anything for Star.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I'm having a heck of time with this class and probably over thinking it because it's been so long since the Raiders had a 1st round pick. But I look at the 'top' guys and I see similar players who could be had with a later pick.

I want to fall in love with Star, but is he that much better than Kawan Short? Is Werner, Moore that much better than Okafor? Maybe.

Exactly. I'm just tempted to say freaking trade to a team between picks 8 and 16, get a 2nd and take Warmack. These prospects are kind of pissing me off haha. They're all flawed in some way. Not a single one is a homerun outside of Warmack. And still there's no guarantee that he won't bust. I understand we've been spoiled with the last few years as far as top end talent goes but my freaking God. Is it so much to ask for prospects without big concerns?

I am absolutely positive Reggie is praying that someone falls in love with Geno or Joeckel and one of them is around for our pick. It would be epic to fleece someone for once.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Exactly. I'm just tempted to say freaking trade to a team between picks 8 and 16, get a 2nd and take Warmack. These prospects are kind of pissing me off haha. They're all flawed in some way. Not a single one is a homerun outside of Warmack. And still there's no guarantee that he won't bust. I understand we've been spoiled with the last few years as far as top end talent goes but my freaking God. Is it so much to ask for prospects without big concerns?

I am absolutely positive Reggie is praying that someone falls in love with Geno or Joeckel and one of them is around for our pick. It would be epic to fleece someone for once.

Yup I am with you on this. Not too bothered if we don't get 'fair' value but if we can pick up some extra picks in 2nd/3rd round I would be tempted. Warmack, Jordan or Milliner maybe?
#clueless
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that a successful draft usually consists of acquiring 2-3 players who actually contribute, as many weak links should addressed as possible through FA to provide more focus in scouting saving man hours and resources. That being said wouldn't you rather cut Brisiel and give the $4M he was due to Pro Bowl Alternate MIA LG Incognito who was expected to make $4M this season allowing the Raiders to use this must needed draft pick somewhere else.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Being that a successful draft usually consists of acquiring 2-3 players who actually contribute, as many weak links should addressed as possible through FA to provide more focus in scouting saving man hours and resources. That being said wouldn't you rather cut Brisiel and give the $4M he was due to Pro Bowl Alternate MIA LG Incognito who was expected to make $4M this season allowing the Raiders to use this must needed draft pick somewhere else.

No because he's a total dirtbag.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

This. Werner isn't top 10 worthy to me, i like Okafor more than him. Actually, Datone Jones might jump them both once i learn a bit more about him.
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

we could use some toughness.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I like him to. He's scrappy and would immediate embody not only a tough, physical, PBS philosophy but a throwback Raider persona. Incognito is the kind of guy you love'em when he's on your team.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I like him to. He's scrappy and would immediate embody not only a tough, physical, PBS philosophy but a throwback Raider persona. Incognito is the kind of guy you love'em when he's on your team.

Yes
Veldheer- Incognito- Wiz, would look real nice.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Yes

Veldheer- Incognito- Wiz- Warmack looks better.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Yes

+1 and Barnes is not nearly as bad as everyone on here makes him out to be.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
bitty wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Yes

Barnes is terrible.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
bitty wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Yes

You're right. He's worse.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 95 of 100

Jump to: