Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I thought about it and I think I don't want Werner at all any more. He's got hella potential but there are a few big issues imo.

He projects to SDE for one. Where we have Lamarr Houston. Sure, we could try to slide Houston to a 3-Tech DT but is that really best for the team? We already have Bryant there (presumably) and Bilukidi is a tweener as it is.

I really don't like his motor. If you have questions about your motor as a 4-3 DE and you're a top pick, that's really concerning to me.

He's a little small for a LDE too; he'll need to add weight imo to stack up against the bigger RTs. He's strong but he's still about 255. I don't see him tearing it up over there like Burgess used to as a pass rusher. And I'm not sure how he'll fare with speed/quickness if he puts on some weight.

I haven't looked into him really in depth, but these are all reasons to me that we shouldn't pick him

Here's Werner's sophomore highlights when he played above 270 lbs and lined up some at RDE. He's a terror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNyG6L70fws
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I thought about it and I think I don't want Werner at all any more. He's got hella potential but there are a few big issues imo.

He projects to SDE for one. Where we have Lamarr Houston. Sure, we could try to slide Houston to a 3-Tech DT but is that really best for the team? We already have Bryant there (presumably) and Bilukidi is a tweener as it is.

I really don't like his motor. If you have questions about your motor as a 4-3 DE and you're a top pick, that's really concerning to me.

He's a little small for a LDE too; he'll need to add weight imo to stack up against the bigger RTs. He's strong but he's still about 255. I don't see him tearing it up over there like Burgess used to as a pass rusher. And I'm not sure how he'll fare with speed/quickness if he puts on some weight.

I haven't looked into him really in depth, but these are all reasons to me that we shouldn't pick him

Here's Werner's sophomore highlights when he played above 270 lbs and lined up some at RDE. He's a terror.

You are right he does look good at 270
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Ah yes.... that's what I liked about him.

I hate the draft process. Too much gets said and you start forgetting what you saw watching them play. You hear he takes plays off and has an inconsistent motor and start focusing on that.

I've already started over thinking this draft and it's only January. Must be desperate for some new blood Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

ziggy >> werner

So I see the Senior Bowl has produced your favorite all world athlete to jock for months. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Ah yes.... that's what I liked about him.

I hate the draft process. Too much gets said and you start forgetting what you saw watching them play. You hear he takes plays off and has an inconsistent motor and start focusing on that.

I've already started over thinking this draft and it's only January. Must be desperate for some new blood Laughing Laughing

How widespread are the concerns about his motor? I know he didn't impress in his last game and that a number of posters on here stated that he seemed to give up on plays, but is this a complaint throughout his college career? Most pundits and writers are really high on him and expect him to be one of the first players off the board, some as high as Jax at 2.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

That, he is. I do think he'll end up adding weight again, but I'm a Moore guy still. Nice vid though for sure.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
bitty wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Being that a successful draft usually consists of acquiring 2-3 players who actually contribute, as many weak links should addressed as possible through FA to provide more focus in scouting saving man hours and resources. That being said wouldn't you rather cut Brisiel and give the $4M he was due to Pro Bowl Alternate MIA LG Incognito who was expected to make $4M this season allowing the Raiders to use this must needed draft pick somewhere else.

No because he's a total dirtbag.

we could use some toughness.

I like him to. He's scrappy and would immediate embody not only a tough, physical, PBS philosophy but a throwback Raider persona. Incognito is the kind of guy you love'em when he's on your team.

Yes
Veldheer- Incognito- Wiz, would look real nice.

Veldheer- Incognito- Wiz- Warmack looks better.

+1 and Barnes is not nearly as bad as everyone on here makes him out to be.

You're right. He's worse.

He's not terrible..you guys blame him way to much, and give people like wiz way to much credit
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

That, he is. I do think he'll end up adding weight again, but I'm a Moore guy still. Nice vid though for sure.

It's a nice tape because it's a highlight vid. Every highlight vid looks great, because they're compiled with great plays. Mike Mitchell looked like an inhuman hellfire in his highlight vid.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

how many top 25 teams did he face in that video? 1?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

ziggy >> werner

So I see the Senior Bowl has produced your favorite all world athlete to jock for months. Laughing

i remember you hyping him up early in the season but i just dismissed him as a workout warrior. then i watched the senior game. that made me go back and watch tape on him. from the games i watches (nd, b.s, utah, utah st and georgia tech) the senior bowl performance was no fluke. he isnt a finished product but imo no prospect is.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

LOL. Ahh yes ye ole' eye ball test. Looks like oversized pads to me but we'll see at the combine. However, if Werner did put on 20lbs of good weight in one season I'd definitely have other concerns. But that's jmo I don't need a nutritional breakdown as to how it's possible to put on 20 lbs and retain it throughout the season. I lift weights avidly and I'll still have my own opinion. Thanks in advance.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

LOL. Ahh yes ye ole' eye ball test. Looks like oversized pads to me but we'll see at the combine. However, if Werner did put on 20lbs of good weight in one season I'd definitely have other concerns. But that's jmo I don't need a nutritional breakdown as to how it's possible to put on 20 lbs and retain it throughout the season. I lift weights avidly and I'll still have my own opinion. Thanks in advance.

That was during his sophomore season. He lost weight this season, not gained it.

Quote:
That production came on the heels of an offseason in which Werner dropped 20 pounds, from the 275 he played at as a sophomore to 255 entering the '12 campaign and playing in the 260-265 range.

"Last year, after five plays, I was tired. Now I can go 20 plays, and I'm not tired at all," Werner said in August. "That was 10 pounds straight of fat. What's that going to do for me?"
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

It's a nice tape because it's a highlight vid. Every highlight vid looks great, because they're compiled with great plays. Mike Mitchell looked like an inhuman hellfire in his highlight vid.

Mitchell's highlights weren't that great. All he did was hit running backs that didn't see him coming.

If anything the highlight video for him lacked in plays in the passing game which should have been a sign to us that he was going to suck in coverage (he's getting better though).

Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Great HL, but he lined up at LDE a lot...maybe that's his place in the NFL too? We need RDE...
just thinking loud...
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Great HL, but he lined up at LDE a lot...maybe that's his place in the NFL too? We need RDE...
just thinking loud...

That's why I said "some". He's a LDE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: