Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help with DT position
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PTown Raider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Help with DT position Reply with quote

Can I get some help with this years DT's? Where is there true value? What spots should they be taken in? The reason I ask is I am really hoping we are able to trade down to get more picks and fill more holes, but if Star is a stud and the next DT is just average I don't want to miss out on a 10 year anchor on defense for a second round pick. First time poster so help me out if i am doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several "above average" DT's this season. None, imo have shown they are once in a decade type players. Almost anywhere in the 1st round we should be able to get one of them.

Then of course there are those guys you can get later on that are better than expected.
radrshark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say one of the best things the raiders have done in previous drafts is find decent dline late in the draft, or its one of the few things we did well maybe Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can gamble on Lotulelei and if you're lucky you get a difference maker at the position, which is hard to find imo. But i wouldn't, even Suh isn't making that much of an impact and he was a much better prospect. I think DT is a spot you can fill with role players.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="oakdb36"]I think you can gamble on Lotulelei and if you're lucky you get a difference maker at the position, which is hard to find imo. But i wouldn't, even Suh isn't making that much of an impact and he was a much better prospect. I think DT is a spot you can fill with role players.[/quote

I agree, its easier to get by with role players at DT then it is with role players rushing the passer. One of the reasons I'm not on the draft Star bandwagon.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've cooled off big time on Star Lotulelei. Personally, I'de prefer to trade down and either land Werner or try to get 2 firsts
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Yeah I've cooled off big time on Star Lotulelei. Personally, I'de prefer to trade down and either land Werner or try to get 2 firsts

Yeah move down to the 9-12 range, acquire a couple more picks and take Werner.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sign Dorsey and put him at his natural position. Can always draft a NT in the mid to late rounds. The Ends are what need repairing. In the past they relied on pressure up the middle and when it never came the D couldn't get near the QB.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have Werner ranked top 5 in the draft, can't move too far down. He is going to tear up the combine too.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Help with DT position Reply with quote

PTown Raider wrote:
Can I get some help with this years DT's? Where is there true value? What spots should they be taken in? The reason I ask is I am really hoping we are able to trade down to get more picks and fill more holes, but if Star is a stud and the next DT is just average I don't want to miss out on a 10 year anchor on defense for a second round pick. First time poster so help me out if i am doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

With Seymour all but gone, the Raiders desperately need a penetrating DT. NT can be filled cheaply in FA. Trade down and draft Mizzu DT Sheldon Richardson or stay put and draft OT Luke Joeckel. Take your pick.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we draft Sheldon Richardson he has future star written all over him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I'd sign Dorsey and put him at his natural position. Can always draft a NT in the mid to late rounds. The Ends are what need repairing. In the past they relied on pressure up the middle and when it never came the D couldn't get near the QB.

+1

Having Dorsey inside at the 3 with Billukidi on the nose would be fine with me. In fact, we still have Desmond Bryant inside too. And the Raiders have always done a good job in the 4th thru 6th rounds with inside guys on defense. Or if you want to go higher a guy like Jesse Williams from Alabama could be had in the lower 2nd or high 3rd. Same for Kawann Short from Purdue. So there is really no need to go round one for a DT.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

He's a FA this year? I'd love him just to see what he'd look like playing where he's supposed to

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be everyone's thought. He has been playing out of position his entire career.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT is deep in this draft. The Raiders are in good position to fill that need in later rounds.

I'm all in on Werner. That's my horse in this race. IMO, he's the biggest, baddest defensive player in this draft along the front 7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: