Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help with DT position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
DT is deep in this draft. The Raiders are in good position to fill that need in later rounds.

I'm all in on Werner. That's my horse in this race. IMO, he's the biggest, baddest defensive player in this draft along the front 7.

You think he's a better prospect then Jones or is it the medical stuff?

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
DT is deep in this draft. The Raiders are in good position to fill that need in later rounds.

I'm all in on Werner. That's my horse in this race. IMO, he's the biggest, baddest defensive player in this draft along the front 7.

Probably medical stuff. I've been a Werner guy since I posted my mock. Ever since I found out about Jones' health concerns, I've pretty much completely dismissed him as a pick. He's a great prospect but I'm scared away by the idea of losing a top 5 draft pick to injury in less than 5 years. That, and I always figured he'd be gone before we pick anyway.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Probably medical stuff. I've been a Werner guy since I posted my mock. Ever since I found out about Jones' health concerns, I've pretty much completely dismissed him as a pick. He's a great prospect but I'm scared away by the idea of losing a top 5 draft pick to injury in less than 5 years. That, and I always figured he'd be gone before we pick anyway.

TBH I'm doing a GM mock draft and I can't help but be scared as hell of Jones medical stuff, but its one of those things where I don't know a ton about his condition and the success rate. I plan on reading up as much as I can today but his talent is so great that its hard to not love him as a prospect.

Again I like Werner, but I just don't see him as a top three player in the draft (assuming that's where were picking). If we trade down some I'm cool with it, but I'm not crazy about selecting him over some of the other guys.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

TBH I'm doing a GM mock draft and I can't help but be scared as hell of Jones medical stuff, but its one of those things where I don't know a ton about his condition and the success rate. I plan on reading up as much as I can today but his talent is so great that its hard to not love him as a prospect.

Again I like Werner, but I just don't see him as a top three player in the draft (assuming that's where were picking). If we trade down some I'm cool with it, but I'm not crazy about selecting him over some of the other guys.

I don't see Werner as a top 3 pick either, but he looks like one of the better choices imo. Are you doing CWood's gm mock?
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I don't see Werner as a top 3 pick either, but he looks like one of the better choices imo. Are you doing CWood's gm mock?

Yeah that's the one.

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Yeah that's the one.

Good. He PM'd me about that but I'm not really into doing those so I suggested you instead.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Yeah that's the one.

Good. He PM'd me about that but I'm not really into doing those so I suggested you instead.

Good looking out, I have quite a bit of fun with them. So if you weren't getting a ton of great offers to move down would you take Werner at 3? Right now the draft hasn't started but I keep going back and forth between three guys.

Tacos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I think you can gamble on Lotulelei and if you're lucky you get a difference maker at the position, which is hard to find imo. But i wouldn't, even Suh isn't making that much of an impact and he was a much better prospect. I think DT is a spot you can fill with role players.
In Suh's defense, the wide 9 does not help him at all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Good looking out, I have quite a bit of fun with them. So if you weren't getting a ton of great offers to move down would you take Werner at 3? Right now the draft hasn't started but I keep going back and forth between three guys.

Who you looking at? Werner, JJ, Joeckel? At 3, I'm not sure I'd take Werner. It'd be good value for the other 2 imo. Maybe a little early for Moore. I don't want Star.

I'm posting a big draft analysis in the draft thread. This got me thinkin lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Moore or Joeckel.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I think you can gamble on Lotulelei and if you're lucky you get a difference maker at the position, which is hard to find imo. But i wouldn't, even Suh isn't making that much of an impact and he was a much better prospect. I think DT is a spot you can fill with role players.

Suhs never been the best against the run, relies too much on his natural talent, and plays recklessly. If you have a DT that posseses great talent against the run, collapsing the pocket, and has the smarts to go along with it, you can build a dominant defense around him. If Star impresses in his interviews and the staff thinks he has the hunger to get better, I don't think they'll pass him up.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Suhs never been the best against the run, relies too much on his natural talent, and plays recklessly. If you have a DT that posseses great talent against the run, collapsing the pocket, and has the smarts to go along with it, you can build a dominant defense around him. If Star impresses in his interviews and the staff thinks he has the hunger to get better, I don't think they'll pass him up.

It seems so rare to find all that in a DT that i'm not sure Lotulelei can be that kind of versatile DT. Looking back at first round DTs, how many have lived up to their draft status? Ngata and?
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

It seems so rare to find all that in a DT that i'm not sure Lotulelei can be that kind of versatile DT. Looking back at first round DTs, how many have lived up to their draft status? Ngata and?

Gerald McCoy. I'm not an advocate of drafting a DT high in the 1st either unless they're the total package. Star has that talent and potential if he's mentally wired right.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Gerald McCoy. I'm not an advocate of drafting a DT high in the 1st either unless they're the total package. Star has that talent and potential if he's mentally wired right.

Sapp, Raji are 2 more. I'd prefer to avoid a DT but just are listing 2 more examples.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Who you looking at? Werner, JJ, Joeckel? At 3, I'm not sure I'd take Werner. It'd be good value for the other 2 imo. Maybe a little early for Moore. I don't want Star.

I'm posting a big draft analysis in the draft thread. This got me thinkin lol

Jarvis Jones, Moore, and Joeckel. Probably in that order, but I wanted to hear your opinion on Werner.

Oakdb36 - Who do you give the nod to if its between Moore and Joeckel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: