Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help with DT position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind trading back a couple times and grabbing Jenkins in the #20's...i like Star but i really want to try and accumulate picks...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Oakdb36 - Who do you give the nod to if its between Moore and Joeckel?

Imo, Joeckel is the best prospect in this class. Moore makes more sense for us since he fills a bigger need. I'd be happy with either one but i'd go 1.Moore, 2.Joeckel.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
i wouldnt mind trading back a couple times and grabbing Jenkins in the #20's...i like Star but i really want to try and accumulate picks...

If we could move back with St.Louis and acquire both of their first round picks I'd be ecstatic.

#18. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
#22. John Jenkins, NT, Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
DT is deep in this draft. The Raiders are in good position to fill that need in later rounds.

I'm all in on Werner. That's my horse in this race. IMO, he's the biggest, baddest defensive player in this draft along the front 7.

You think he's a better prospect then Jones or is it the medical stuff?

Probably medical stuff. I've been a Werner guy since I posted my mock. Ever since I found out about Jones' health concerns, I've pretty much completely dismissed him as a pick. He's a great prospect but I'm scared away by the idea of losing a top 5 draft pick to injury in less than 5 years. That, and I always figured he'd be gone before we pick anyway.

I rarely hear about his injury anymore when he's evaluated. Its a left concern when talking about the spine but with any pass rusher you'll be lucky to get 6-8 good years out if them. I don't think it will shorten his career much but we may need to move the defense around anyways. You'd have to let Wheeler walk and move Burris to SAM.

Werner reminds me so much of Chris Long. He's git the relentless motor, solid athlete, strong. He may not be a top 3 pick now but he's a guy that's getting better and better and can be elite in a year or two in my eyes.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
PTown Raider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

If we could move back with St.Louis and acquire both of their first round picks I'd be ecstatic.

Thanks Bo, this is what I was getting at. If Star is not a superstar run stopper, than what could we get by trading down and improving two spots.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

I've been a big Jenkins fan since his JUCO days, however, Jenkins has not progressed as expected. Jenkins is not as stout at the POA as one would expect from a man his size. In addition, conditioning is of a serious concern as 360lbs is a lot of mid-section for man only 6'3". I suspect Jenkins will be a surprise faller in the draft a la Cam Thomas.

I doubt Roby comes out but he and Milliner are two CBs hard to pass on despite that fact I'd rather not draft a CB high under most circumstances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: