Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Macklemore's Mock 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Macklemore's Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

*DISCLAIMER* please read everything and not just the draft picks so you can fully understand the off-season.

Coaching Changes
Everyone surely knows by now how I feel about Dennis Allen, but to stay realistic in this mock I will keep him. Greg Knapp can kick rocks. Jason Tarver can stay for another year, while we switch to the 3-4.

Fire Knapp/Hire Norv Turner to run the offense
Why? Norv is good play-caller and good at developing QB's, you'll see why I mention this later. After Turner's monumental failures year after year with stacked teams in SD I don't think anyone will be giving him a HC job anytime soon. Will he return to Oakland is the big question though, I think with Al Davis gone it's more likely.

Trades
Carson Palmer to Arizona for a 3rd round pick + Beanie Wells
Why? because with Carson Palmer the Cardinals are possible a wild-card team. Also, Beanie has been injury prone and runs behind a bad line in Arizona, I think in Oakland he would be a good backup to McFadden and a great goal-line back.

DHB to Lions for a 5th round pick
Why? The Lions desperately need WR help opposite CJ, they will likely move on from Titus Young this off-season and we might be able to fool them into thinking DHB can stretch the field.

Rolando McClain to Baltimore for a 7th round pick
Why? Ozzie Newsome loves Alabama.. and some say McClain is a fit in a 3-4 although I think he sucks in any scheme, he might try a little harder with Ray Lewis intimidating him though.

Cuts
Tommy Kelly
Dave Tollefson

Re-Sign
All the RFA's, and young guys to 1 year deals to fight it out in camp
Mike Mitchell
Desmond Bryant
Mike Goodson
Khalif Barnes

The rest can beat it.

FA's
Greg Jennings (5yr, 35mil)
Why? Jennings can play outside and in the slot, he is a huge upgrade over DHB. Jennings would command a lot bigger salary if he had been healthy the past two years, good thing his injuries were not serious.

Jermichael Finley (2yr, 8mil)
Why? I want to surround my QB with weapons and give him the best chance to succeed, We need a big target and Finley provides that. After his down year in GB Finley will most likely be released, I would rather have Finley for four mil a year then Brandon Myers, who only gets stats in garbage time.

Larry Grant (2yr, 4mil)
Why? In his limited playing time in 2011 he looked very, very good. Was that because of the rest of the talent on the 49er's defense? who knows.. worth signing, because of his 3-4 experience alone.

Manny Lawson (2yr, 4.5mil)
Why? Tarver-connection and he is a decent linebacker who has experience in the 3-4.

Shaun Phillips (2yr, 9mil)
Why? We need a pass-rusher for the new 3-4 defense. And with the change in SD, I think they let him get away.

2013 NFL Draft

1. Mike Glennon 6'6 230, QB, North Carolina St

Analysis - A month ago I thought this was the worst QB draft since 2007, then I came across this prospect. I wont go into too much detail in this mock draft but just click on the youtube links and see for yourself and form your own opinion.

Strengths
- Arm Strength
- Accuracy
- Pocket Awareness
- Experience taking snaps under-center
- Intangibles

Weaknesses
- Tom Brady like mobility
- Can get rattled when pressured

NFL Comparison - Matt Ryan

vs UNC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8
vs FSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXPb3WoNvI
vs Clemson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObunrSCZiTU
vs Miami
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682RFNg_DN0
vs Maryland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnlRe6Z_lmw

3. Brandon Williams 6'2 330, NT, Missouri Southern St

Analysis - Williams had an incredible senior season. He had 68 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, two pass breakups, eight quarterback hurries, five forced fumbles and a safety. Williams plays as a nose tackle, but is versatile enough to play any position from a 0-technique (lined up directly over the center), to a 5-technique (lined up on the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle). Copy and Paste FTW!

Strengths
- Explosive
- Can Rush the passer and defend the run
- Massive body

Weaknesses
- Played in a weak conference

NFL Comparison - BJ Raji (not the prospect)

Watch this video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSMeSZXQdM

3. Brennan Williams 6'7 310, OT, North Carolina

Analysis - Improving the offensive is a big priority, because Glennon isn't the most mobile QB.

Strength
- Great Size/Length
- Good athleticism
- Quick feet

Weaknesses
- Whiffs in space
- There's surely more I'll admit I'm not the greatest offensive lineman scout and I haven't seen much of him. Look him up for yourself.

4. Robert Alford 5'11 185, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

Analysis - Another small school prospect, this kid is instinctive and has good ball skills, average athleticism though.

5. Kevin Reddick 6'2 240, ILB, North Carolina

Analysis - ILB depth

6. Tyrann Mathieu 5'9 185, DB, LSU

Analysis - This is where I like to gamble. I'm sure everyone knows the honeybadgers story. He is talented but a knucklehead. Even if he never works out it was only a 6th round pick.

7. John Boyett 5'10 205, FS, Oregon

Analysis - Injuries lowered his draft stock, replaces Matt Giordano.

7. Larry Webster 6'6 240, OLB/DE, Bloomsburg

Analysis - Former basketball player, has production in a crappy division, has great size, worth the gamble.

Early Depth Chart

Coaching staff
HC - Dennis Allen
OC - Norv Turner
DC - Jason Tarver

Offense
QB - Mike Glennon

RB - Darren McFadden
Beanie Wells
Mike Goodson

FB - Marcel Reece

WR - Greg Jennings
Denarius Moore
Rod Streater
Jacoby Ford
Juron Criner

TE - Jermichael Finley
Richard Gordon
David Ausberry

LT - Jared Veldheer
LG - Tony Bergstrom
C - Stefen Wisniewski
RG - Mike Brisiel
RT - Khalif Barnes/Brennan Williams

-

Defense
LE - Lamarr Houston

NT - Brandon Williams
Christo Bilukidi

RE - Desmond Bryant

LOLB - Shaun Phillips

ILB - Larry Grant
Kevin Reddick
ILB - Miles Burris

ROLB - Manny Lawson
Larry Webster

CB - Shawntae Spencer
Phillip Adams
Robert Alford
Brandian Ross
Tyrann Mathieu

FS - Michael Huff
John Boyett

SS - Tyvon Branch
Mike Mitchell

ST's
K - Sebastian Janikowski
P - Marquette King
KR - Jacoby Ford
PR - Tyrann Mathieu

not even going to try to mock the depth.

Conclusion
Fixed the offense and found our Franchise QB. I also wanted to get the rookie QB weapons so he has a chance to succeed, I feel like that's very important in developing a QB. We will need to find a LG next year if Bergstrom doesn't pan out, which shouldn't be too hard.

Switched to a 3-4 defense and I feel like the D-Line is set, if Larry Grant works out the ILB's will be set too. Just need to find a CB and OLB next season.

Thoughts?

Last edited by macklemore on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the haters

COME AT ME, BRO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I'm not a cap wizard but I assumed voiding Seymour's contract and trading away DHB, McClain and Palmer would free up enough space to sign the FA's that I did. If I'm wrong lets just pretend a lot of people restructured.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mackelmore = did not read

$20 says there is a 'John Boyett cliche 7th round pick"

Edit:

Had to look. Nailed it on the 7th round cliche Boyett pick.

Is that like the only 7th round prospect Raider fans know? Mind you he will be drafted higher anyway.

Last edited by big_palooka on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Mackelmore = did not read

$20 says there is a 'John Boyett cliche 7th round pick"

and so what if I used a cliche pick in the 7th round, it's the 7th round. I couldn't care less about who gets drafted in that round.

I like how the only thing you comment on is the least important part of the mock.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a big fan of some things. Others just don't seem that realistic to me. How are that many FAs going to come here? And with all those trades we wouldn't even be able to afford them.

And why do people who say Palmer isn't worth a damn envision us getting 3rd round picks or more for him in their mock drafts? If he sucks so bad, why would anyone trade for him? His contract is awful on top of that too.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd really want to go into a season with a rookie Mike Glennon as the starter and only Matt Leinart and Terrelle Pryor behind him? That's a disaster waiting to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Not really a big fan of some things. Others just don't seem that realistic to me. How are that many FAs going to come here? And with all those trades we wouldn't even be able to afford them.

And why do people who say Palmer isn't worth a damn envision us getting 3rd round picks or more for him in their mock drafts? If he sucks so bad, why would anyone trade for him? His contract is awful on top of that too.

I think he is a great QB, why would you assume I think he sucks?
Go find the Carson Palmer thread from a few weeks ago in the NFL-Gen you'll find me arguing for 5+ pages on why I think Carson Palmer is worth a damn.

The GB FA's will come here because of the Reggie connection and money.

Manny Lawson was coached by Jason Tarver.

And Larry Grant isn't that big of a signing.

What do you mean by all those trades we wouldn't be able to afford them? that's the point of the trades! to clear cap-space.

With Palmer, Seymour, DHB, McClain and Kelly's contracts not too mention the dead-money off the books we should have some room to work with, if we still need space restructure McFadden, Huff and Branch.

I think the Palmer to Arizona trade makes a lot of sense for them, they can draft a LT with their first rounder and then get Palmer and be immediate contenders for the playoffs. Whisenhunt is also on the hot-seat and will be pressed to win. Palmer+Fitzgerald would be money.

Last edited by macklemore on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
You'd really want to go into a season with a rookie Mike Glennon as the starter and only Matt Leinart and Terrelle Pryor behind him? That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Couldn't careless on our record next season, I'm thinking long-term not short-term. I'm not Al Davis.

We would be going into the season with a rookie QB, but if McFadden can return to 2010-11 form that rookie QB would have a great RB and a great group of WR's (with the addition of Finley and Jennings).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I think he is a great QB, why would you assume I think he sucks?
Go find the Carson Palmer thread from a few weeks ago in the NFL-Gen you'll find me arguing for 5+ pages on why I think Carson Palmer is worth a damn.

The GB FA's will come here because of the Reggie connection and money.

Manny Lawson was coached by Jason Tarver.

And Larry Grant isn't that big of a signing.

What do you mean by all those trades we wouldn't be able to afford them? that's the point of the trades! to clear cap-space.

With Palmer, Seymour, DHB, McClain and Kelly's contracts off the books we should have some room to work with, if we still need space restructure McFadden, Huff and Branch.

I think the Palmer to Arizona trade makes a lot of sense for them, they can draft a LT with their first rounder and then get Palmer and be immediate contenders for the playoffs.

Fair enough with the Palmer thing. My bad for assuming.

But with the trades, we'll still have to pay bonuses and deal with dead money next season.
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
But with the trades, we'll still have to pay bonuses and deal with dead money next season.

For real? what kind of hogwash is that?! It would seem like when you trade away a player you trade away the contract too.

For the sake of the mock, lets just pretend I made everything fit under the cap with a cool million to spare.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Glennon play in big games?
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock draft smells like R.Kelly's sheets.....

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: