Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Macklemore's Mock 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
When you say "I'd expect us to improve, but if we didn't I wouldn't care because I'm in it for the long haul." Its contradictory because you're basically saying you expect us to improve and that you don't expect us to improve in the same paragraph. Rolling Eyes

But keep resorting to personal attacks.

No I'm saying I would expect us to improve, but if we didn't immediately improve, I wouldn't care because I feel like the team would be better for the long haul.

Never said I don't expect us to improve, just that I couldn't careless on the matter.. that was not the main purpose of my mock. my mock was to build a team for the future, not next season only.

Last edited by macklemore on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmac505

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
When you say "I'd expect us to improve, but if we didn't I wouldn't care because I'm in it for the long haul." Its contradictory because you're basically saying you expect us to improve and that you don't expect us to improve in the same paragraph. Rolling Eyes

But keep resorting to personal attacks.

thats not contradicting man. RM basically said the same thing when he took over this year.

He expected us to be competive this year, but he said it would take 3-4 years. sometime to go forwards you need to go backwards first.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
It's contradictory to say you expect us to do something and then in the same paragraph make it clear that you actually don't expect or care if it happens anyway....

You realize we could be a better team and have a worse record right? SHOCKER! I know, buddy.

How much better would we be if we couldn't win more than 3 games though?

Well what if we had a worse record but instead of getting blown out every game, we only lost by a field goal.. we would be better right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're expecting a 4 win team to improve you'd expect their record to improve as well. How the hell could we be a better football team next year if we won less than 4 games?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
It's contradictory to say you expect us to do something and then in the same paragraph make it clear that you actually don't expect or care if it happens anyway....

You realize we could be a better team and have a worse record right? SHOCKER! I know, buddy.

How much better would we be if we couldn't win more than 3 games though?

Well what if we had a worse record but instead of getting blown out every game, we only lost by a field goal.. we would be better right?

If we only won 3 games next season we'd obviously be moving in the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If you're expecting a 4 win team to improve you'd expect their record to improve as well. How the hell could we be a better football team next year if we won less than 4 games?

Well if we won 4 games next year but were at least competitive id say weve improved.

Im tired of getting blown out in half the games every year... its embarrassing man.
some games the raiders look highschoolers out there playing.

I think changing the offensive scheme alone would allow us to win 5 games.
I think there is talent on this Offence, not scoring points in 2 games is unacceptable.

I understand the lack of talent excuse on the D side... not on the O.
And the O has been worse then the D lately arguably all year
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
mack wrote:

If we only won 3 games next season we'd obviously be moving in the wrong direction.

No. Wins and losses, next season are irrelevant. Only thing that matters is improving our offense and defense, you measure that by points per game/game allowed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
mack wrote:

No. Wins and losses, next season are irrelevant. Only thing that matters is improving our offense and defense, you measure that by points per game/game allowed.

So you think a rookie Mike Glennon is better than Carson Palmer?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
I understand the lack of talent excuse on the D side... not on the O.
And the O has been worse then the D lately arguably all year

There's absolutely no way we're more talented on the defensive side of the ball than we are on offense. We have an old washed up defensive line, a bunch of rag tag linebackers, and the least talented secondary in the entire NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
mack wrote:

So you think a rookie Mike Glennon is better than Carson Palmer?

We already went over this on page 2.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

When you said "if he gets hurt for a few games, so be it." And my favorite "Carson Palmer is an immobile quarterback so why wouldn't Glennon be able to play behind our offensive line?"

Forgetting that Palmer does an excellent job of avoiding sacks by getting the ball out of his hands quick. While Glennon gets rattled by pressure at the collegiate level.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:

When you said "if he gets hurt for a few games, so be it." And my favorite "Carson Palmer is an immobile quarterback so why wouldn't Glennon be able to play behind our offensive line?"

Forgetting that Palmer does an excellent job of avoiding sacks by getting the ball out of his hands quick. While Glennon gets rattled by pressure at the collegiate level.

No when I said..

macklemore wrote:
Of course Carson Palmer is a much better quarterback at this point! thanks captain obvious

Bo, you are making yourself look really bad and I fear no one will ever take you serious again, please leave before you do more harm to your reputation.

BTW, Carson Palmer isn't a wizard, he isn't the only QB capable of avoiding sacks in the pocket and getting the ball out quick. Glennon will be fine in that department.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you're the one saying you'd expect our offense to improve with a worse quarterback, who happens to be a rookie, that struggles under pressure at the collegiate level.

No one said Palmer was a wizard, but Glennon already struggles with pressure in the ACC, why you expect him to be able to avoid it in the NFL is beyond me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
But you're the one saying you'd expect our offense to improve with a worse quarterback, who happens to be a rookie, that struggles under pressure at the collegiate level.

No one said Palmer was a wizard, but Glennon already struggles with pressure in the ACC, why you expect him to be able to avoid it in the NFL is beyond me.

You're exaggerating the pressure issue.

And we already went over this too, page 5.

I'm done talking with you, you're like a child.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
You're exaggerating the pressure issue.

And we already went over this too, page 5.

I'm done talking with you, you're like a child.

When you're wrong you resort to making excuses and personally attacking the other poster yet I am the one that's like a child. Laughing

The good thing about all of this is that our front office isn't stupid enough to invest a top five pick in an average quarterback prospect. Or to make any of the moves that you made for that matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: