Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
Trufant in the first is a large reach I think. If we are getting any corner in the 1st it will be Millner, Rhodes, Banks, or Poyer. Right now alot of people have Banks and Millner gone by 19. Out of Rhodes and Poyer, I would select Poyer.


I agree. My favorite developmental CB is Blidi Wreh-Wilson. 6'1", really long, runs about a 4.5, great hits and feet, and has only played football for a few years.

Logan Ryan is a good corner also.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Some first round prospects I can see us looking at:

Barkevious Mingo- raw talent that if he falls, the giants will take a serious look
What I dont kike about him is the amount of stars on the LSUs defense could have boosted his stock.

Lane Johnson - although on a mediocre offensive line, the kid was a quarterback, tight end and defensive end before coming a tackle. Stands 6-6 and weighs 303 pounds. Moving up draft boards quickly. Only played right tackle for one year then left for his last year. My comparison to him is a tyron smith

Ezekiel ansah- this kid screams JPP. The ceiling cannot be seen for him. Never started a game until this year. At defensive end, he produced over 60 tackles, 13 for loss and 4.5 sacks. He wont be getting to the quarterback as much as Jpp but his run game is stout


I know many of us want a linebacker. But weve all wanted a first round linebacker since 2002. Look for them to build the trenches in the first 3 rounds with a secondary player thrown in there


Mingo is raw, but he is so quick off the line. I'd love to get him in here with our coaching staff.

I was disappointed with Justin Pugh measurements. He was a great LT prospect but has very short arms.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fracdaddy14


Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 3359
Location: Northeastern PA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Some first round prospects I can see us looking at:

Barkevious Mingo- raw talent that if he falls, the giants will take a serious look
What I dont kike about him is the amount of stars on the LSUs defense could have boosted his stock.

Lane Johnson - although on a mediocre offensive line, the kid was a quarterback, tight end and defensive end before coming a tackle. Stands 6-6 and weighs 303 pounds. Moving up draft boards quickly. Only played right tackle for one year then left for his last year. My comparison to him is a tyron smith

Ezekiel ansah- this kid screams JPP. The ceiling cannot be seen for him. Never started a game until this year. At defensive end, he produced over 60 tackles, 13 for loss and 4.5 sacks. He wont be getting to the quarterback as much as Jpp but his run game is stout


I know many of us want a linebacker. But weve all wanted a first round linebacker since 2002. Look for them to build the trenches in the first 3 rounds with a secondary player thrown in there


Mingo is raw, but he is so quick off the line. I'd love to get him in here with our coaching staff.

I was disappointed with Justin Pugh measurements. He was a great LT prospect but has very short arms.



As I said before, Oday Aboushi OT Virginia, a prospect for Round 2 had short arms which pushes him to a 3rd Round Grade for me. Sufficient arm length (34" or more) is necessary for successful OT play, especially LT who has to deal with speed rushers.

Other major numbers I look at for OT are Shuffle, Cone, and to 10-yard dash. 40 yard dash for an OT is beyond pointless. The others show lateral movement and explosion off the line. Those are important for winning battles in the trenches.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
As I said before, Oday Aboushi OT Virginia, a prospect for Round 2 had short arms which pushes him to a 3rd Round Grade for me. Sufficient arm length (34" or more) is necessary for successful OT play, especially LT who has to deal with speed rushers.

Other major numbers I look at for OT are Shuffle, Cone, and to 10-yard dash. 40 yard dash for an OT is beyond pointless. The others show lateral movement and explosion off the line. Those are important for winning battles in the trenches.


Definitely someone capable of playing LT. I really like him too. Pretty good options in this draft when it comes to oline.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Definitely someone capable of playing LT. I really like him too. Pretty good options in this draft when it comes to oline.


Looked good to me on some that I've watched on him, but he has looked bad at the Senior Bowl practices at OT and Mayock projects him as a guard. Im officially taking this back and need to watch more of him. Not saying he's not good, but need to watch more.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10110
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Justin. We know. We don't have to watch tape to know it either. We also hope you do.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/23/new-york-giants-justin-tuck-vows-to-return-to-all-pro-level-in-2013/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Hey Justin. We know. We don't have to watch tape to know it either. We also hope you do.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/23/new-york-giants-justin-tuck-vows-to-return-to-all-pro-level-in-2013/


I really hope he can turn it around. His play was very disappointing last year and one of the main reasons why we missed out on a playoff spot.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Definitely someone capable of playing LT. I really like him too. Pretty good options in this draft when it comes to oline.


Looked good to me on some that I've watched on him, but he has looked bad at the Senior Bowl practices at OT and Mayock projects him as a guard. Im officially taking this back and need to watch more of him. Not saying he's not good, but need to watch more.


Penn State and GT games he looks pretty good. Might watch some more later, but he didn't take away what I thought about him before today. Looked really good in pass coverage. Little surprised at how easily he was beat today though.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9959
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Hey Justin. We know. We don't have to watch tape to know it either. We also hope you do.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/23/new-york-giants-justin-tuck-vows-to-return-to-all-pro-level-in-2013/


Maybe drafting a first round DE would light a fire under his butt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tehzl


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 149
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(LB)Manti Te'o is a possibility.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/reese_giants_plan_to_interview_te_jOROXsRKAyrbd34yaXlyJJ

We also apparently had a interview with Kent State tackle Brian Winters, but I have no legitimate source.

Just a question for you guys, do we really want (DE)Ezekiel Ansah? He doesn't really impress me, but then again I guess it could be because he is "raw".

So far in the senior bowl the names I like are:
Lane Johnson(OT), Terron Armstead(OT)(Supposedly broken collarbone whole season?)
Stephon Taylor(RB)
B.W. Webb(CB) and I would like to see more J.J. Wilcox(CB) and Shawn Williams(CB)
Alex Okafor(DE) and I would like to see more Lavar Edwards(DE)
*Note: I only listed people that would be availabe at pick 19 and back, at this point I think Eric Fisher will be picked up before 19*

Anyone else watching the Senior Bowl practices and found someone they like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigblueben


Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Posts: 375
Location: Colchester, England
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of what I've seen from Poyer (CB), he should be there at 19 but that could be a touch too high.

This is the first year I've been able to really get a look at the Senior Bowl through NFLN Game Pass subscription, I love the O line vs D Line drills. Looks to be quite a bit of depth on both sides of the trenches. I like Larry Warford (OG) a lot in the second round.
_________________

mad props to Rase on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HakeemTheDream


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 525
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
Trufant in the first is a large reach I think. If we are getting any corner in the 1st it will be Millner, Rhodes, Banks, or Poyer. Right now alot of people have Banks and Millner gone by 19. Out of Rhodes and Poyer, I would select Poyer.


I agree. My favorite developmental CB is Blidi Wreh-Wilson. 6'1", really long, runs about a 4.5, great hits and feet, and has only played football for a few years.

Logan Ryan is a good corner also.


Although I agree Trufant may be a reach at 19, if he makes it to the Giants in the 2nd, they shouldn't hesitate to grab him. Probably one of the most NFL-ready CBs in the draft who has all the skills needed to fit in this defense. I really haven't put much research into Wreh-Wilson, but I am definitely intrigued. Sounds like a raw player with very high potential.

Tehzl wrote:
(LB)Manti Te'o is a possibility.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/reese_giants_plan_to_interview_te_jOROXsRKAyrbd34yaXlyJJ

We also apparently had a interview with Kent State tackle Brian Winters, but I have no legitimate source.

Just a question for you guys, do we really want (DE)Ezekiel Ansah? He doesn't really impress me, but then again I guess it could be because he is "raw".

So far in the senior bowl the names I like are:
Lane Johnson(OT), Terron Armstead(OT)(Supposedly broken collarbone whole season?)
Stephon Taylor(RB)
B.W. Webb(CB) and I would like to see more J.J. Wilcox(CB) and Shawn Williams(CB)
Alex Okafor(DE) and I would like to see more Lavar Edwards(DE)
*Note: I only listed people that would be availabe at pick 19 and back, at this point I think Eric Fisher will be picked up before 19*

Anyone else watching the Senior Bowl practices and found someone they like?


Although I wouldn't mind getting Te'o, I am almost positive that there will be 2-4 other LBs in this draft who go on to have better NFL careers. I like Te'o in the 2nd, but not in the 1st (I highly doubt he falls to us in the 2nd).

I want NOTHING to do with Ziggy Ansah. I heard all the hype about the next JPP, but I don't see it at all. He doesn't have that natural pass-rushing ability like JPP and can't bend like him either. Both are similar in size and stature, but even JPP had much more experience playing football when he declared for the draft. Ziggy just doesn't have the motor or pass rushing skills to be an elite 4-3 DE, IMO.

I love Lane Johnson. If the Giants let Beatty go, they need to make sure they get either Johnson or Fisher. Both of these guys are going to be franchise LTs for the next decade. I don't know if Johnson can be an immediate starter because he is very raw, but the potential is too much to pass at 19. I also liked what I saw from Armstead today in my limited time watching the Senior Bowl practice, and his last name makes me want him to be a Giant even more, lol. He has played well all year with that injury which is very impressive. I'd spend a late draft pick on him, no doubt. Not really putting much effort into RBs since the Giants have no need for one high in the draft. Big fan of Webb. If he can show he can run with the big boys and top competition, I'd love to see him in blue. Okafor is solid but unspectacular. He has the technique down but he just doesn't have that elite talent that turns good DEs into great ones. I wouldn't mind him on the Giants, but I wouldn't spend a 1st on him. BTW, there is a 0.0001% chance Fisher is there at 19 when the Giants pick. I had him going to the Giants in my last mock, but there's no way he makes it there. He could challenge Joeckel for the top OT and will surely be gone by #11 when the Chargers pick.

Some people at the Senior Bowl who I am interested in:
Offense - Eric Fisher (OT), Ricky Wagner (OT), Kyle Long (OT), Quinton Patton (WR; Giants won't get him, but this kid has some talent), Mike Williams (TE), Vance McDonald (TE), Larry Warford (OG; Giants NEED to get this guy... BEAST!), Lane Johnson (OT), Dallas Thomas (OG/OT), Oday Aboushi (OT; Not very high on him, doesn't look very good at practice), Dave Quessenberry (OL).

Defense - Michael Buchanan (DE), Alex Okafor (DE), Datone Jones (DE; Great showing so far), Ezekial Ansah (DE; Underwhelming thus far), Mallicah Goodman (DE), Kawann Short (DT), Khaseem Greene (LB), Arthur Brown (LB; Wish he was out there practicing), Sean Porter (LB), Vince Williams (LB), Blidi Wreh-Wilson (CB), Jordan Poyer (CB), Desmond Trufant (CB; Would be a great fit with NYG, IMO), Jonathan Cyprien (S), Will Davis (CB), Dwayne Gratz (CB), Jamar Taylor (CB), BW Webb (CB), Leon McFadden (CB; Intriguing player for sure. Another great fit, IMO).

Wow, more people that I thought. Gonna be tough focusing on all these guys for the game on Saturday Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ice_Dude_2008


Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 1863
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Ezekiel Ansah in the first so bad. Pray Pray Pray Pray

Please god!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HakeemTheDream


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 525
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
I want Ezekiel Ansah in the first so bad. Pray Pray Pray Pray

Please god!!!!


What makes you so impressed with him? Maybe I'm not seeing something obvious here...


Came across a prospect that I want to know what you guys think about him: Dion Jordan, Oregon. He doesn't really fit any position at his current size (6-6, 240 lbs) but has experience as a pass rusher and a linebacker. My thinking on him is to give him the role that Kiwi played in the defense for years. Jordan can play SLB for a down or two and then pass rush in the NASCAR package. He is raw and would need some coaching to be a serviceable linebacker, but they made it work with Kiwi who isn't nearly as physically talented as Jordan is. Just a thought...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fracdaddy14


Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 3359
Location: Northeastern PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite prospect on the DL that is in our range Kawann Short from Purdue. Dominant in the game I watched against ND for the 2nd straight year. Has size and the ability to push the pocket. Depending on what happens, could be around in Round 2. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 10 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group