Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^

Swoosh, that's a great analysis. One that I agree with about 95%. I believe that we are agreeing that Jordan isn't a top 15 pick, like others suggest. He does have potential, but it's huge potential. I mean, we are the Atlanta Falcons, and we are competing for the Super Bowl trophy every year, and we don't need to draft guys that are experimental, and could reach their potential three years from now. For every JPP, how many Anderson's, Mamula's, etc?

If Jordan lasted to the 2nd rd, then I'd be ok with the selection.

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, 2014 Heisman Campaign
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Okafor over Jordan or Ansah.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Give me Okafor over Jordan or Ansah.

Anzah>Okafor>Jordan

All would work in round 1 though

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys this is my first post and i am all in for bernard home run hitter for sure
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Hey guys this is my first post and i am all in for bernard home run hitter for sure

Definitely. Doing a GM Mock right now (in basically acting as GM making picks for this draft for us) and picked him up in round 1. Guy looks like LeSean McCoy to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 questions here.

1) If all the top defensive prospects are gone by the time we pick, would Gio Bernard or Tyler Eifert be the better pick? Or is there someone else you guys feel would be worthy of the pick?

2) How do you guys feel about Eddie Lacy in the 2nd round? I honestly think he's a first round prospect, but that's probably my Alabama bias.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
2 questions here.

1) If all the top defensive prospects are gone by the time we pick, would Gio Bernard or Tyler Eifert be the better pick? Or is there someone else you guys feel would be worthy of the pick?

2) How do you guys feel about Eddie Lacy in the 2nd round? I honestly think he's a first round prospect, but that's probably my Alabama bias.

1. I like the both, either would work for me. Fans would be more likely to take kindly to the Gio Bernard pick though. A lot of people don't like us drafting a TE this year as some think this class is weak. I feel the opposite though.

2. If we go DE in one, I'd be great with picking up Lacy in round 2. If we do end up with Eifert, I think we have to go DE in round 2 though. I'm sure that's what you figured anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe picking a DE in rnd 2 would be 2 late. at pick 60-64 you got fo believe all the immediate impact DE's will be gone. If we r going to vo with a DE then we dont need another project end, we need sumone who will come in and make a impact. We already have 4 projects and only 1, at the moment is contributing.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY want Mike Gillislee. Maybe its just me, but I think Gillislee is an absolute stud. He runs, catches, and blocks superbly. Hes a late first round talent in my eyes.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
I REALLY want Mike Gillislee. Maybe its just me, but I think Gillislee is an absolute stud. He runs, catches, and blocks superbly. Hes a late first round talent in my eyes.

If Gillislee is there in the 2nd I'd love this pick. But I'd love to go DE in the first. But if they're all gone then give me Bernard. I wouldn't be a huge fan of picking Eifert in the first. Ertz would be a good 2nd round pick IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Gillislee in the third for sure. Maybe the second with a good showing at the combine/Senior bowl.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to see this man in a Falcons uniform next season. Man crush right here. Would give our O-line some options which should hopefully create a better unit as a whole. You could basically have Konz-Hawley-Jones-Reynolds all battle for 2 spots. It would definitely create some good competition.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levine Toilolo declared alongside his teammate Ertz. I have no idea why since he could have been a first rounder next year, but that only benefits teams. I really hope we snag him in the middle rounds.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:

Want to see this man in a Falcons uniform next season. Man crush right here. Would give our O-line some options which should hopefully create a better unit as a whole. You could basically have Konz-Hawley-Jones-Reynolds all battle for 2 spots. It would definitely create some good competition.

Nah I'm sick of Bama linemen.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard, Eifert or the best available DE (in that order IMO) in the first would be perfect. People seem to criminally underrate Top RBs in drafts though, so I'm not sure if Bernard will still be around by the time we're picking but he'd be the best pick in my opinion.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: