Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DMAC paycut or c ya
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: DMAC paycut or c ya Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
macklemore wrote:
corypman wrote:
plain and simple, take a pay cut or get a third rounder out of him.

It's not that plain and simple, would you trade a 3rd round pick for an injury prone rb coming off a 700 yard season at 3.3 yards per carry? I would trade a 7th, so good luck.

I would trade a 3rd rounder for him. One of the biggest playmakers in the NFL that struggled with a new system.

you would trade our 3rd rounder to add him to this current team if he was on another team? with his injury history and salary?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: DMAC paycut or c ya Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
you would trade our 3rd rounder to add him to this current team if he was on another team? with his injury history and salary?

The salary and injury issues are bothersome. I doubt any team is going to want to take on his big salary, especially considering he's never played more than 13 games in one season and the fact that he's missed 13 games over the past two seasons combined.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: DMAC paycut or c ya Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
macklemore wrote:
corypman wrote:
plain and simple, take a pay cut or get a third rounder out of him.

It's not that plain and simple, would you trade a 3rd round pick for an injury prone rb coming off a 700 yard season at 3.3 yards per carry? I would trade a 7th, so good luck.

I would trade a 3rd rounder for him. One of the biggest playmakers in the NFL that struggled with a new system.

lol that doesn't make any sense since he's already on the Raiders. I'm saying if I was another team and I thought adding a playmaking RB would take my team to the next level.

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are DMC you have the leverage. Why would you take a pay cut?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
If you are DMC you have the leverage. Why would you take a pay cut?

I can only think about one way to keep him with less cap number. The idea I put on the other thread. Give him an optional year for 2014, so if the new OC can use him well, his stock will go up, so he will be able to get more money in the 2014 FA market...
I like my idea Smile , but I doubt anything similar happen Smile

I think he will be on the trading block and if anyone offers a 3rd or better for him RM will pull the trigger...

First let's see how the new OC, what scheme he wanna install...
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you get the NFL works.
D-Mac already got his signing bonus money for this year.
So if you give him a ultimatum of take a pay cut or get released.
He's going to get released, sign a contract with a new team and get paid twice for this year.
That goes with most people under their rookie contracts.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
He's going to get released, sign a contract with a new team and get paid twice for this year.

I get that man.

As you said he already got his bonus, but his salary is up in the air. He won't get anything close to 5M if he leaves and test the market, so he could be open for a solution like this...
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

As you said he already got his bonus, but his salary is up in the air. He won't get anything close to 5M if he leaves and test the market, so he could be open for a solution like this...

I don't know a team like NE needs a RB like D-Mac.
He will touch the ball 15 - 20 times a game. Just the threat from him will make that offense unstoppable.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

He will touch the ball 15 - 20 times a game. Just the threat from him will make that offense unstoppable.

They have a running back who's just coming off a 1,200+ yard season and 12 TD's. They wouldn't waste any money or picks on McFadden.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

They have a running back who's just coming off a 1,200+ yard season and 12 TD's. They wouldn't waste any money or picks on McFadden.

Ya a team like ATL would probably be more interested.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta is a very realistic location for him. I just can't see anyone giving up a 3rd for him. One of the best RBs in the league when he's healthy and in a system he likes, but the injury history and contract... I dunno. I wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for a guy who misses 1/3 of every season.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

Any RB will do good in that offense because the defense is always in the nickel or dime and New England passes out of a double TE formation. Forget about going against 8 men in the box Ridley goes against six.
D-Mac will dominate and that offense.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

Any RB will do good in that offense because the defense is always in the nickel or dime and New England passes out of a double TE formation. Forget about going against 8 men in the box Ridley goes against six.

But why would they spend big money on a RB, when you said it right, that any RB will look there and be productive...
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

But why would they spend big money on a RB, when you said it right, that any RB will look there and be productive...

D-Mac is an home run every time he touches the ball receiving or running. When healthy D-Mac is rare RB. He's good to great at long runs, short yardage, blocking and receiving. Few RB can do that.
Ridley is just not in D-Mac league.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:

I get that man.

D-Mac is an home run every time he touches the ball receiving or running. When healthy D-Mac is rare RB. He's good to great at long runs, short yardage, blocking and receiving. Few RB can do that.
Ridley is just not in D-Mac league.

I got that, but why spending big bucks on a RB, when you have a HOF QB and solid running game already, while you need big help on D??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: