Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Choice time: Williams or Stewart?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which RB would you rather hang on to?
DeAngelo Williams
55%
 55%  [ 22 ]
Jonathan Stewart
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 40

wolf7373

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get rid of all three and see what I can get. Who cares about running backs? Fans, but outside of that unless you have an AP, RBs are not a huge impact. If they can get draft picks out of all em then do it. This team lacks depth at the O-line, WRs, Secondary, and D-line. You could argue they need more depth at all those positions more than they need really good RBs. Arian Foster was undrafted, Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick. I could go on. The Browns and Buccaneers all drafted RBs in the 1st who were excellent, did they make the playoffs? No, But the Colts, Seahawks and Skins did. Carolina could get at least two 4th rounders and a 3rd rounder for all three. With more cap space to sign other needs and sign cheap young draft picks. Just my thoughts. I have always liked Deangelo but its time to move on his value is as high as it will be. Stewart is great if they keep him thats great, but if they can get a 3rd or even possibly a 2nd I don't see why not. Teams that would trade for RBs: Colts, Green bay, Atlanta probably would, the Tennessee, Jacksonville if MJD does leave, im not 100% sure of any other teams...
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep Tolbert. DWill/Stewart would have to restructure or I would cut them and use that money to invest on the defensive/offensive interior in that order. Protect Luke at MLB with a stud at DT and protect Cam on the other side of the ball with 2 legitimate OGs. I'm of the opinion that we should not draft a RB in the 1st 3 rounds anyway. Neither Stewart or Williams will fetch much interest from other teams so take what you can get and cut ties. IMO.
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering about DWill, I always liked him but haven't seen many Panthers games.

How is he with carrying? catching? blocking? I know he has the homerun ability. Just wondering on the others. What do you think he will cost?

I adopted Brian Cushing for the 2013/14 season. Boom. Cush.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams and Tolbert.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolf7373 wrote:
I'd get rid of all three and see what I can get. Who cares about running backs? Fans, but outside of that unless you have an AP, RBs are not a huge impact. If they can get draft picks out of all em then do it. This team lacks depth at the O-line, WRs, Secondary, and D-line. You could argue they need more depth at all those positions more than they need really good RBs. Arian Foster was undrafted, Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick. I could go on. The Browns and Buccaneers all drafted RBs in the 1st who were excellent, did they make the playoffs? No, But the Colts, Seahawks and Skins did. Carolina could get at least two 4th rounders and a 3rd rounder for all three. With more cap space to sign other needs and sign cheap young draft picks. Just my thoughts. I have always liked Deangelo but its time to move on his value is as high as it will be. Stewart is great if they keep him thats great, but if they can get a 3rd or even possibly a 2nd I don't see why not. Teams that would trade for RBs: Colts, Green bay, Atlanta probably would, the Tennessee, Jacksonville if MJD does leave, im not 100% sure of any other teams...

Our offense went nowhere until the run game got going. If fans care about running backs its because we care about offense, which leads to wins.

CK on the sig
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
wolf7373 wrote:

Our offense went nowhere until the run game got going. If fans care about running backs its because we care about offense, which leads to wins.

This.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
AJ23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Williams and Tolbert.
This... all day long. I've always thought Williams was the most dynamic back. When he gets his carries he's dangerous. Is he a power back? Obviously not, but if you use him right you have a potential game-breaker on the field every Sunday (and Saturday, if they're fortunate Wink ).
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ23 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Williams and Tolbert.
This... all day long. I've always thought Williams was the most dynamic back. When he gets his carries he's dangerous. Is he a power back? Obviously not, but if you use him right you have a potential game-breaker on the field every Sunday (and Saturday, if they're fortunate Wink ).

exactly. tolbert is power with speed too. great in passing game, goal line, pass protection. one of these guys needs to go so he sees an increase in times where he is just plan on the field. i will literally take a 7th rounder for one of these guys. getting the cap space and tolbert on the field plus a pick is enough. although id love a 4th or 5th which is realistic for teams like green bay, atlanta (dont want this too happen), st. louis, pittsburgh, arizona, etc. plenty of teams could use one of these backs. parting ways with one of them is overal just WAY better for this teams in multiple fascists of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People forget Hoover's impact on the RBs.

Deangelo is a home run threat from anywhere and that tips the scale his way.

I think Deangelo got more chances to run screens and mostly good things happened. Finishing big plays with TDs was very different in the end of the season. That's why Armanti should be cut.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did love double trouble but if one has to go (and for cap reasons one should go plus the pick wouldn't hurt) i'd have to try and trade j stew. He does acquire nicks and scrapes throughout the season and they do affect his ability to run the ball. and yes he is younger and i agree bc of that his trade value is higher. tolbert IMO is a bulkier poor man's version of j stew but tolbert does a lot of the same things. positive yardage, good short yardage, good pass catcher and good blocker and a lot cheaper. him with d wills homerun ability and i like our chances. get these two more carries and i believe we'll see the run game take off again

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
jbegley8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of both and draft a rb with a pick we get for one of them. When the cap numbers come out we will be about 16 million over the cap so we are going to need some cap room.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbegley8 wrote:
Get rid of both and draft a rb with a pick we get for one of them. When the cap numbers come out we will be about 16 million over the cap so we are going to need some cap room.

You cant put the cart before the horse. It isnt as easy to find a good RB as some think. For every successful RB taken in any round there are as many (or more) failures. We have to keep one of our stud backs. At least until we find a quality replacement.

CK on the sig
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mancrush on Eddie Lacy.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
I have a mancrush on Eddie Lacy.

Get in line Wink

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
jbegley8 wrote:
You cant put the cart before the horse. It isnt as easy to find a good RB as some think. For every successful RB taken in any round there are as many (or more) failures. We have to keep one of our stud backs. At least until we find a quality replacement.
Besides that, cutting the both of them really won't save much, if any, money against the cap this year.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: