Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 20 2013 Draft Order, Chiefs pick first overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
wouldn't it be something if the Lions trolled Cleveland like Minnesota did last year into moving up one spot to get "their guy"?
Laughing

teach is your ways.

also, pretty bummed. stuck between next to Philly. gotta share trade bait with a bunch of drunks
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pity the Chiefs. The 1 year they pick #1 overall ends up being a year in which the draft is considered weak and there is no consensus #1.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 20 2013 Draft Order, Chiefs pick first overall Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

3) Raiders,

Nice. Wink

Bengals get #35 in the 2nd rd from the Raiders thru that fine Carson Palmer deal.

Wow, The Raiders could sure do with that pick back right now....... and the irony is that hue Jackson will probably be in the bengals draft room deciding who take with that pick......

Last edited by LondonBengal on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 20 2013 Draft Order, Chiefs pick first overall Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

3) Raiders,

Nice.

Bengals get #35 in the 2nd rd from the Raiders thru that fine Carson Palmer deal.

Wow, The Raiders could sure do with that pick back right now....... and the irony is that hue Jackson will probably be in the bengals draft room deciding who take with that pick......

It's pick 36. The picks rotate.
kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad AJ won't be the one to make that pick!

P.S: Can only hope for someone who actually has an eye for talent and doesn't pimp up under-talented players.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
This strength of schedule thing is stupid. We lose twice against the Panthers and they are picking ahead of us??

And we lost twice to the Buccs, and they're still a spot ahead of us Laughing

Those 3 picks could end up being very interesting. Its not too often that you see division rivals back-to-back-to-back.
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Star falls too the 14th pick Pray Pray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

There's around a 0.000000000000000000001% chance that happens.
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

who knows maybe our New GM will be a master manipulater and use Belicheck Jedi mind tricks too get him

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rays_Peeps34 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

who knows maybe our New GM will be a master manipulater and use Belicheck Jedi mind tricks too get him
Yeah, no. Detroit will either take him, or trade the pick to someone who wants him. You can trade up for him if you want.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
green24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Rays_Peeps34 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

Yeah, no. Detroit will either take him, or trade the pick to someone who wants him. You can trade up for him if you want.

Where would the Lions play him?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Baby!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
I pity the Chiefs. The 1 year they pick #1 overall ends up being a year in which the draft is considered weak and there is no consensus #1.

There are some nice options for the Chiefs, actually:

- They have a nice LB unit; If they wanted to have a unit that could rival the 49ers, they could quickly do so by selecting Manti Te'o out of Notre Dame. Justin Houston/Te'o/Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali would be a nice 3-4 unit, and Johnson/Te'o/Hali with Houston moving to 4-3 DE would also spell out a nice front four.

- If the Chiefs DO go to a 4-3, they can set up to have a scary front four with Utah DT Star Lotulelei. They'd be able to mimic what the Vikings did for so many years, an oversized DT lineup with some fast DEs. Tyson Jackson/Dontari Poe/Lotulelei/Houston, with Glenn Dorsey and Allan Bailey as rotational DTs could be a nice tandem.

- QB is the big need, and I agree...not many to have at #1. Geno Smith seems like a Colin Kaepernick type, someone who needs to sit and learn before taking over (something the Chiefs wouldn't have the time to do). If KC is willing to find a stop gap solution such as Alex Smith, then they might be in luck - Smith can't CARRY teams, but there's enough to be somewhat competetive while Smith is spoonfed the starter's role.

- Dwayne Bowe is probably gone (they CAN tag him, but I don't see a long term deal being worked out, and you don't wanna burn a tag on a WR closing in on 30) and Jon Baldwin has underachieved, so maybe a WR? Terrance Williams, Robert Woods, Corradine Patterson, Justin Hunter...a pretty top heavy WR draft. Not sure if any of these guys are #1 WR material...but would address a need.

- Who knows if LT Branden Albert will re-sign, but the money is there. If he doesn't, replacing the backside is paramount; Doesn't matter who the QB is, they will get killed if they don't have a prominent LT keeping them upright. I don't think there is a "day one" franchise LT in this class, maybe a few guys who can develop into a franchise LT; Guys like Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher make sense here.

- CB has been a need since Brandon Carr signed with Dallas, and Jonathan Banks has a good pedigree, can make plays on the ball and is a very physical guy who can make plays in zone or man coverage.

Not sure if any of these guys are #1 worthy prospects (Lotulelei, Te'o are, jury is out on Smith) but with the rookie cap in place, KC has to establish whether they're gonna follow the leader and only look at QB/DE/LT...of if they're willing to flip the script and take the player which best addresses their need.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Chiefs would be best served going with Star in the first and trading for a Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

Sig courtesy of mack.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I believe the Chiefs would be best served going with Star in the first and trading for a Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Smith and Flynn find themselves on the open market by the time March 1st comes around. I agree - find a caretaker for a year or two, maybe take a shot at one of the falling QB prospects in the 2nd round (EJ Manuel seems like a very interesting prospect) let Smith/Flynn take the starting gig, see how many wins they can churn out with that.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: