Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

our draft pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: our draft pick Reply with quote

idk if anyone has seen, but we are picking 14th this year in the draft. the win over the saints basically sent us from 8th/9th to 14. ill take the win over the pick though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not at all convenced who i want to draft yet. way to early to say we need a DT. a majority of us wanted DT/WR and about early march i was convenced Luke was who we need to draft despite Beason. time for us to make a splash this offseason though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has got to be a DT, OT, or CB/S...it is a little to early for me to pick a favorite player, we'll see whos stock drops and rises in the coming months.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a redzone WR for the future. No elite ones in the draft. Use FA there. Best DT, S, or OT on the board.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
We need a redzone WR for the future. No elite ones in the draft. Use FA there. Best DT, S, or OT on the board.

i want Bowe or Jennings.

this draft blows, trade down im fine with.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

need a DT sooooooooooooooo bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hankins from ohio state and phillip thomas fresno in the second
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, it comes down to these 6 players based on where we are drafting and projects picks ahead of us.

Jonathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State

Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri

Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan

Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M

Kennan Allen - WR - Cal

Dee Milliner - CB Alabama

Allen and Milliner are probably less likely because they are not true needs by the team. There would be BPA/luxury picks, which isn't a bad thing.

There is probably guys that will look good in the combine and pro days that may climb up to these picks, there is every year.

There's not really a prospect I would be interested in trading up for either as I believe there's minimal drop off from picks atop the draft to these.

Last edited by boondock on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT does seem like it is probably the pick. but we dont need one sooooooooo bad. i would rather sign a guy like randy starks in FA, then address oline and secondary. i want Matt Elam out of uF is bad. idk if he falls that late in the 2nd though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
DT does seem like it is probably the pick. but we dont need one sooooooooo bad. i would rather sign a guy like randy starks in FA, then address oline and secondary. i want Matt Elam out of uF is bad. idk if he falls that late in the 2nd though.

This draft is loaded with projected second round safeties. My personal favorite is DJ Swearinger from South Carolina. .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

This draft is loaded with projected second round safeties. My personal favorite is DJ Swearinger from South Carolina. .

yeah, i really think we have to go S in the 2nd round. this is why im all for moving down in the 1st anywhere and picking up another 2nd. grabbing an OT in the 1st. then maybe S/CB or S/WR in the 2nd.

Sorry, im just not for draft DT unless its a must draft. outside QB its the riskiest position to draft.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Extremely underrated and hard hitter

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

This man knows.

However, I don't know how Swearinger translates into the NFL. He will likely be a SS, moving Godfrey to FS. Can Godfrey even play that position? He had a pick today, but he has never really been much of a ball hawk.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

This man knows.

However, I don't know how Swearinger translates into the NFL. He will likely be a SS, moving Godfrey to FS. Can Godfrey even play that position? He had a pick today, but he has never really been much of a ball hawk.

Godfrey played the end of the season at FS, after Nakamura went on IR. He can play it. But you're right, he's better as a SS who spends more time in run support around the LOS.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
boondock wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

This man knows.

Godfrey played the end of the season at FS, after Nakamura went on IR. He can play it. But you're right, he's better as a SS who spends more time in run support around the LOS.

I see. As much as I'd love to have Swearinger (Big Gamecocks fan), I just don't think he fills a need at the safety position, and that is for a ball hawk safety.

Hear me out. We test the trade down waters and try to get down into the mid 20s. We are still in position to pick up a solid DT prospect (Kwann Short anyone?) and possibly get a 2nd round pick. We use our 2nds on FS and OT/WR. If we can get a 3rd for one of our running backs that would be huge.

My ideal draft (excuse me as I put on my flame gear)

1. Kwann Short/any other DT prospect (trade down)
2. OT
2. Honey Badger
3. Marcus Lattimore
4-7. Whatever

Yes, I know what you're thinking. A pot head and a man with 1 knee? Thank God he isn't our GM. I think with proper coaching (Rivera can do this) and advance medical technology (TD and AP got it) both of those guys will be HUGE in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: