Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears fire Head Coach Lovie Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Bears effed up...bad. I'd happily take Lovie back in STL as DC. The man is getting fired because of the Bears drafting mistakes on offense.

Lovie, come back to STL as DC...you can bring in 2 safeties this off-season to run your C-2 and Laurinaitis is a great C-2 MLB.

Bears will regret this move unless they come away with a guy like Ray Horton or Greg Roman or Jay Gruden imo.

And his countless misses w/ OCs
Quote:
Reports say Bears will fire Lovie Smith. During Lovie's tenure, Bears had 2nd-fewest offensive yards per game and 3rd-fewest pass YPG.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/285778814842314752
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Bears effed up...bad. I'd happily take Lovie back in STL as DC. The man is getting fired because of the Bears drafting mistakes on offense.

Lovie, come back to STL as DC...you can bring in 2 safeties this off-season to run your C-2 and Laurinaitis is a great C-2 MLB.

Bears will regret this move unless they come away with a guy like Ray Horton or Greg Roman or Jay Gruden imo.

And his countless misses w/ OCs
Quote:
Reports say Bears will fire Lovie Smith. During Lovie's tenure, Bears had 2nd-fewest offensive yards per game and 3rd-fewest pass YPG.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/285778814842314752

It doesn't matter what OC you hire if you can't draft offensive players. The only real drafting success was Forte. They had no one at WR and a terrible OL.

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shiot.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
samgurl775

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm really surprised they fired him. I don't know how things work with Chicago, but I'm assuming he's not the only one responsible for bad draft picks.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Honestly I'm really surprised they fired him. I don't know how things work with Chicago, but I'm assuming he's not the only one responsible for bad draft picks.

That was Jerry Angelo. He was fired last offseason.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems logical that Dave Toub would get some serious consideration as an in-house replacement for Lovie Smith.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
It seems logical that Dave Toub would get some serious consideration as an in-house replacement for Lovie Smith.
Word is that none of the coaches have any interest in staying after what happened to Lovie.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Word is that none of the coaches have any interest in staying after what happened to Lovie.

Well thats just false. Some dont(as has been reported) but Toub may. There is nothing definitive on that yet.

Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

Rolling with Tice cost him his job point blank.

I agree with this, although I don't necessarily agree that Lovie deserved to get fired. A lot of the offense's success was built upon Jay and Brandon playing street ball and Forte making plays on his own. If it wasn't for that, it would've been maybe the worst in the league. All they needed was a competent offense to get into the playoffs, and there's no excuse not to have had one with the talent they had, even with the O-line trouble. Even with all of the injuries, the O-line was still better than in 2010 when they won 11 games (although that isn't saying much).

Lovie was never that good with in-game decisions (like when to go for it on 4th down and when to challenge) but, to his credit, I think he had steadily gotten better at it and there were only a few times this year when I questioned those kinds of decisions.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Well thats just false. Some dont(as has been reported) but Toub may. There is nothing definitive on that yet.
Nothing of what I said was false, its what I'm hearing. You yourself admit that several have already gone on record as saying as much.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Nothing of what I said was false, its what I'm hearing. You yourself admit that several have already gone on record as saying as much.

What your "hearing" though hasnt been reported by anyone. What it does sound like though is a person who is having a meltdown because his coach got fired.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

What your "hearing" though hasnt been reported by anyone. What it does sound like though is a person who is having a meltdown because his coach got fired.
Ok, go ahead and believe that. its not like there haven't been players coming out really upset about the move or anything. Haven't heard 1 person who doesn't work on the radio say this was a good decision.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Ok, go ahead and believe that. its not like there haven't been players coming out really upset about the move or anything. Haven't heard 1 person who doesn't work on the radio say this was a good decision.

Great and its still an assumption.So dont report it as fact.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mike McCarthy just got 1 more win against the Bears this season, his inability to challenge a bad call in the 2nd quarter just cost Lovie Smith his job.

Completely off base. Since their Super Bowl appearance, Lovie Smith was 52-44 with only an NFC Championship to show for it in 2010. He was an average coach who underachieved with the Bears.
I think most fans would agree he overachieved best on the talent on the team.

Seriously. That Bears team was a contender year in and year out despite always having a questionable offense...and Lovie wasn't the guy to blame for the offense.

A contender every year?

They made the playoffs 1 time in the last 6 years.

They made the playoffs 3 times in 9 years.

To contend you need to make the playoffs.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie ignored the offense for 10 years and hired idiots to run it and it cost him his job.

Andy Ried was more successful in Philly so why is that a better move?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is Lovie goes to Buffalo where he stabilizes the defense and they become a good team.

They will go 9-7 or 10-6 every year and they will never truly compete with the Patriots.

Lovie was fired because he knows nothing about offense, hiring offensive coaches or developing offensive players. He simply could not fix an offense in a league that is based on offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: