Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible DC...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Possible DC... Reply with quote

Ok guys so with Gregg Williams being AWOL currently and not having a TRUE defensive coordinator, what about bringing Lovie Smith back? He did a great job with us back in the day and with him getting the ax in Chicago, opens up the possibility of a reunion. I would love it honestly. We have a top 10 defense now, I think Lovie could turn it into top 5 or close to being number 1. What do you all think?
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible DC... Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
Ok guys so with Gregg Williams being AWOL currently and not having a TRUE defensive coordinator, what about bringing Lovie Smith back? He did a great job with us back in the day and with him getting the ax in Chicago, opens up the possibility of a reunion. I would love it honestly. We have a top 10 defense now, I think Lovie could turn it into top 5 or close to being number 1. What do you all think?

I definitely wouldn't be against it, however I don't feel our players our suited for the tampa 2 style he ran in Chicago. esp Finnegan, Jenkins and Laurinaitis

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible DC... Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

Smith's scheme doesn't fit what the Rams do defensively. Rather have Williams at this point or someone from Buddy Ryan's philosophy of defense.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Lovie want to go from being a HC at a big market team to being a DC? One of 2 things happens when a HC gets fired:

1. They become a HC on another team.
2. They go into TV.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible DC... Reply with quote

Faulk28SJaX39 wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

I definitely wouldn't be against it, however I don't feel our players our suited for the tampa 2 style he ran in Chicago. esp Finnegan, Jenkins and Laurinaitis

Na I know what you're saying definitely but look how peanut Tillman excelled in that defense. I can see alot of the same tendencies between Tillman and JJ and I think with cortland he can work in any system. Idk just my thoughts I would love to have him come in. I love the style he uses.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Williams is the answer
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

this, can we stop trying to change coordinators and maybe for once build some type of continuity? Also im pretty sure with some new safeties we will see a lot less cushion from our corners on the outside.
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

How is he the answer? We don't know if he will ever be reinstated by the NFL and if so do we really want that circus around a young impressionable team? If it came down to keeping Gregg Williams or landing Lovie I'm taking Lovie hands down.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

How is he the answer? We don't know if he will ever be reinstated by the NFL and if so do we really want that circus around a young impressionable team? If it came down to keeping Gregg Williams or landing Lovie I'm taking Lovie hands down.

With all the coaches getting canned today, it's a pretty good bet Lovie is gonna get another HC gig right away if he wants it...

I don't think I'd be holding my breath for Lovie as the DC...

TommyC376 on the sig...
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible DC... Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

I'd love it. James Laurinaitis is an ideal C-2 MLB. We'd need to find 2 safeties this off-season but we have all the pieces to be dominant in Lovie's scheme.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

this, can we stop trying to change coordinators and maybe for once build some type of continuity? Also im pretty sure with some new safeties we will see a lot less cushion from our corners on the outside.

There is no continuity in Williams. He's only been our DC in name only.

But Lovie will get another HC job, too good of a coach not to.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible DC... Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

I'd love it. James Laurinaitis is an ideal C-2 MLB. We'd need to find 2 safeties this off-season but we have all the pieces to be dominant in Lovie's scheme.

Exactly what I was thinking. JL55 is like an undersized Urlacher IMO. We can get a FA safety and go safety somewhere in round 1 or 2 and be set. I think the defense would excel under Lovie right away. Like someone said it is more likely for him to get a HC position before all but you never know with some teams trying to go for youth at the HC position. If we had the opportunity to do so I would jump all over it.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be shocked to see Lovie in Arizona. A defense minded coach with the talent they already have in there and bring in an OC like Shurmur who just got fired also.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gregg Williams does get banned from the league or continues to be suspended, I see us just sticking with exactly what we are doing now.

Pick 2 and 13
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that Fisher plans on making a choice on DC sometime in the next two weeks. Considering that a decision on Gregg Williams doesn't come until after the superbowl and Fisher doesn't plan on changing the system, I believe it's pretty obvious that the choice will come from in-house. That most likely leaves Blake Williams or Dave McGinnis. My money is on Williams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: