Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first mock since my last mock(last off season I think)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young juice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: My first mock since my last mock(last off season I think) Reply with quote

Whenever the draft comes around I do a few mocks and update them as well as mock off seasons. I am bored at the moment so I will do my first Mock.

1st Round - Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee

I see him ranked #1 overall WR and it says he is a top 25 pick but I see him in no mocks in the first round. I read he has had a knee injury this year. However reading about him it says he has done well recently. Basing my drafting from other mocks I could see him dropping to the Pats and them picking him in one of BB's surprise shocking moves. With Welker(resigned) Lloyd & Endelman along with Gronk & Hernandez playing Hunter would not be needed immediately and could learn during the first part of the season.

2nd Round - Alvin Bailey OT/G, Arkansas

OL has had it's up and downs this season with Connolly and Mankins both have injury issues. Vollmer is also a free agent. Even if Vollmer resigns with the team depth is needed. Bailey is a OT/G and is big. From what I have read he is would be available between rounds 2-3 and has had a fairly good college career.

3rd Round - Micah Hyde CB, Iowa

The draft site says he is rounds 2-3 but he got arrested for a drinking incident. His stock most likely has fallen just like we Dennard who also had an incident. From what I read he is a good CB and his play could help his stock rise but after the cowboys drinking and driving incident his stock probably will fall.

7th Round - Dominique Easley DE, Florida

This team has some DL issues but they're aren't so big that one of the first round picks should be spent on them unless someone the team likes drops. OR unless someone really good is available. Easley from what I have read has had a solid college career. He has also played DT in his past so he could play DT or DL if he was to stick with the team.

7th Round - T.J. Barnes DT, Georgia Tech

This is the Patriots last pick so who would know if the player would even make the team. Barnes is 6'7 and that is a reason why I have the Pats selecting him. He has had a solid season from what I read.

This is only my first mock I will be doing more reading and research in the upcoming months for other ones.

925 to 617 to 805

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No DT until the 7th round? Fail.

I think NBT is the only one who'll like this mock. Sorry.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
young juice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said my first but I feel OL, WR & DB are more important IMO.

only guy I see us getting rid of on our DL after this season is Scott maybe Deaderick

Jones
Wilfork
Love
Francis
Ninkovich
Cunningham

Hopefully Bequette can become an impact player as well

But like I said my first one they will get better and more realistic over these next few months.

925 to 617 to 805

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

Don't think Hunter in the 1st is worth it, when we can wait until the 2nd or 3rd and get a guy like Aaron Dobson who is a similar player.

As for Micah Hyde... stiff as hell. Probably a safety in the NFL.

And no DT is a mistake. Domonique Easley was a big-name recruit but he's done nothing at Florida. No reason to think he'd be an improvement over Kyle Love and Brandon Deaderick.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Patsdood...1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young juice wrote:
As I said my first but I feel OL, WR & DB are more important IMO.

only guy I see us getting rid of on our DL after this season is Scott maybe Deaderick

Jones
Wilfork
Love
Francis
Ninkovich
Cunningham

Hopefully Bequette can become an impact player as well

But like I said my first one they will get better and more realistic over these next few months.

Love the attempt, but if this is how the draft fell for the Pats, I would be pretty disappointed.

I think that you have some of the needs right, but in the wrong order. I agree that OL and WR are needs, but I don't think they are as pressing as you think they are.

S/CB and DL are the two biggest needs for this team in my opinion. And I think that these will be addressed with the first two picks.

My predictions for the Pats are that they will move around a lot in this draft, specifically back, because of how the teams needs match up with the depth. Where the Pats will be picking in the first, most of the top end DL talent will be gone, and I think that there will be plenty of safety depth in the second, so they move down and acquire more picks.

Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, Jefferson, Phillips, and McDonald could all be around in the 2nd round, and I think they will target safety there. I also think they will take a DT or WR (depending on who is available) with their actual second round pick. While waiting on WR and OL in either the 3rd or later rounds, or even in FA.

Obviously this could change depending on who the team targets and signs in FA.

Personally, I see this going on (I know, sort of nonspecific, but this is what I see happening):

1 rd: Trade back into 2nd and pick up a 3rd or 4th and 5th, depending on who they trade with...

2a: SS/DL

2b. DL/SS

3. WR

4 or 5. OL

7a. OL

7b. DL

This could of course all change with FA signees and walkers, but I think this is how it will shake out.

... Also, love the additional thought on Bequette. I loved the pick during the draft, and have been extremely disappointed that he hasn't found the field pretty much the entire season. Hopefully he can show the coaches some spark, which would definitely change the dynamic of our draft. Keep up the great Mocking work... It would also be nice to hear more of your thoughts on the FA portion of the offseason for the Pats.
Patsdood...1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Don't think Hunter in the 1st is worth it, when we can wait until the 2nd or 3rd and get a guy like Aaron Dobson who is a similar player.

As for Micah Hyde... stiff as hell. Probably a safety in the NFL.

I also agree on these two points... Guys like Da'Rick Rodgers, Quinton Patton, and Aaron Dobson are all guys late 2nd or 3rd that I like.

I also think that Hyde is stiff in the hips. That is not the type of DB we need.
Nex_Gen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm falling in love with Sheldon Richardson and Kenny Vaccaro. Really hope we get at least one of them from the draft.

Aite,

Peace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: