Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals close to naming Andy Reid their next HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justinsgiants wrote:
game3525 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
That quickly makes me think they wanted Reid and no one else from the git go. And I think I know why they interviewed Horton now. That's cold.

Everybody assumed San Diego but supposedly SD didn't want to give any GM duties to Reid at all. Not sure about Arizona although it looks like they will hire a GM as well but who knows how much input Reid will have on personnel.

I still don't understand why people thought Reid was going to be SD. After Norv, bringing a recent flameout with Andy's baggage just wouldn't fly with the fan-base.

Flameout? Reid just got done coaching 14 seasons in Philly, with 9 playoff appearances. He's had a couple bad seasons to end on but prior to those he's won a lot of games. He needs a good defensive coordinator along with him.

What has San Diego done lately?

Same exact thing you just said Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC West is going to be stacked with good coaches. Harbaugh, Carroll, Fisher, now Reid.

Could all 4 teams finish .500 or above next year?
game3525

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
game3525 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
That quickly makes me think they wanted Reid and no one else from the git go. And I think I know why they interviewed Horton now. That's cold.

Everybody assumed San Diego but supposedly SD didn't want to give any GM duties to Reid at all. Not sure about Arizona although it looks like they will hire a GM as well but who knows how much input Reid will have on personnel.

I still don't understand why people thought Reid was going to be SD. After Norv, bringing a recent flameout with Andy's baggage just wouldn't fly with the fan-base.

Flameout? Reid just got done coaching 14 seasons in Philly, with 9 playoff appearances. He's had a couple bad seasons to end on but prior to those he's won a lot of games. He needs a good defensive coordinator along with him.

Exactly.

I am not saying Reid is a bad coach, I think he is a good coach. But he would be a hard sell to a fan-base after the past two years, on top of that the organization needs a clean slate starting with a fresh face at HC.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
NFC West is going to be stacked with good coaches. Harbaugh, Carroll, Fisher, now Reid.

They could still lose Horton and the offense is a gigantic mess. So until that all gets figured out, no.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

???

The Cards dont even have a QB.

I dont care who you put in there, no one is winning with their current stable of QBs.

Unless they get a quality vet, I dont see how. If Vick is released, I can almost guarantee they will sign him, but I dont know if its enough to have a winning record.

And until Sam Bradford shows he has it, I dont trust the Rams to do anything.

I see the division being the same as this year...just the Cards being slightly better.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bidwell has come out and said that the team isn't willing to give up on Kolb. Sounds like if Reid comes in Kolb will be his guy for at least the first season.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a guy who couldn't win it all during his 14 years in Philly why would Reid choose an up and coming tough division like the West to go to? He's going to fail in AZ.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
game3525 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

San Diego has been one-and-done in their playoff appearances. At least Reid has challenged others for a Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Great hire IMO. Philly was a mess and Andy had worn out his welcome. Reid is a borderline top 5 coach. Arizona needs a QB and O-Line though. Reid will fix them.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I have always liked Andy and he's an extremely good coach. As soon as Arizona came into the discussion yesterday, I believed they were going to be the ones to land him and it seems like that's the case.

However, he will have a mess of things to deal with and get straight when he gets there. Like you said, QB and offensive line. Both are currently in shambles and should be the team's top priorities in the offseason in free agency/trade/draft, wherever it may be. That said, I do believe the reports that the Cardinals will stick with Kolb and even moreso now that it looks like Andy will be a Cardinal within days. Kolb played his best under Reid and Reid was always very high on him. Accompany that with how much the Cardinals gave up for Kolb in the trade and then how long and how much they committed to him contract-wise afterward and it's a no-brainer that they're not giving up on him yet. However, if Vick somehow finds his way into the equation, we'll have ourselves a whole new (but familiar) story on our hands. The offseason in the desert could be the highlight of the spring and summer this year but I'm confident this is a great hire by the Cardinals. Reid will come in and make that team a lot better, even though he is sort of going into the same thing he just got out of (QB controversy and poor offensive line). Regardless, he'll have some great players playing for him on defense and you can't forget about Larry and hopefully a breakout year from Floyd for offensive weapons. Cardinals fans should be excited but I will say, Arizona will have to get offensive line help and Reid will have to get Kolb going to succeed there. I'm confident they're going in the right direction though. Really a great hire and kudos to the Cardinals for landing the most sought-after coach this year. They'll be in great hands with Reid. The man's a phenomenal football coach.

Andy flew the coop to another one. Wink
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justinsgiants wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
game3525 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

San Diego has been one-and-done in their playoff appearances. At least Reid has challenged others for a Super Bowl.

We have? I must have been imagining that run we went on where we hosted the Titans and beat them, then went on the road and beat Peyton and Colts in Indy, and lost in the conference championship game to the unbeaten Pats.

Either old age is affecting my memory or you have no idea what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
game3525 wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

We have? I must have been imagining that run we went on where we hosted the Titans and beat them, then went on the road and beat Peyton and Colts in Indy, and lost in the conference championship game to the unbeaten Pats.

Either old age is affecting my memory or you have no idea what you're talking about.

'07 and '08 were the only years they won Playoff games. To my fault, I should have called that out but they've had talented teams for the last ten years or so. They've fallen flat the last couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid's going to look like Santa Claus on the sidelines.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter just a few minutes ago:

"One source close to Andy Reid insisted deal w/ Cards not close. Another source said Cards search open and no leading candidate at this time"

Feel like I've been watching soaps with the wife today following this thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Vick beat out Kolb again? Or does Andy stick with this guy? Because there is no way I'd touch this Arizona job without them giving me a QB to work with.

I do know, however, is that the Philly/Arizona game just became a must watch for me now.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Reid's going to look like Santa Claus on the sidelines.

Too bad he wont be in many cold weather games in Arizona Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: