Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Advanced QB Stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only advanced stat that we need to acknowledge is that Pryor led the NFL this season in touchdowns per start.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Yeah, I'd rather see an entire body of work. That catch is amazing but.....

Prospect: Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
Height: 6’3″
Weight: 205
Grade: 7.2 (Grading Scale)

Scouting Report:

Athleticism:
+Great size, long athletic frame.
+Toned, muscular build, solid strength profile.
+Excellent leaper, controls body well in the air.
+Doesn’t have elite speed, but gets to top-speed quickly.
+Has some power and elusiveness in the open field.
-Lacks a fifth gear to separate at the top of his route.
-Should run in the low 4.5 range, but could be a bit higher.
-Has had some trouble with hip, ankle, knee injuries.
-Had some conditioning issues coming off of an injury in one game.

Catching:
+Has made some of the most amazing catches ever seen on the football field.
+Incredibly strong hands, plucks the ball out of the air at its highest point.
+Controls body in the air, makes tough catches look routine.
-Will let a few balls get into his body, especially on slants.

Route-Running:
+Gains position on defenders, presents a good target to the quarterback.
+Sells double moves and play-action very well.
+Wins vertically on a consistent basis, despite speed concern.
+Physical enough to beat press coverage, able to get a clean release.
-Drifts a bit, needs to work back to the quarterback better.
-Has improved, but needs more precision on underneath routes, rounds them off a bit.

Blocking:
+Willing blocker, able to sustain blocks down the field.
+Not overly physical, but uses positioning and effort to get the job done.

Leadership/Intelligence:
+Plus awareness on the field, knows the down/distance, finds the sticks.
+Team captain his Senior season at Marshall.
+Humble player, confident but not cocky and self-promoting – reminds me a bit of Andre Johnson in that aspect.

Overall:
Aaron Dobson has quietly had a great career at Marshall, despite not having an NFL-quality arm throwing to him. With an arm that can deliver the ball down the field on a consistent basis, Dobson’s production would have been greatly improved.

He has improved every year in college and I expect his best football to be played in the NFL. If he is able to refine his technique a bit, he will quickly become a fixture on highlight shows.

A tall receiver that can get over the top of cornerbacks is never over-looked on draft day and I’d imagine that despite a probable 4.5 time in the forty yard dash, we’ll hear Dobson’s name called in the first 100 picks of the 2013 NFL Draft.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have never had much of a running game and they've done outstanding.

I get that that's a bad comparison though since, as you said, Knapp's offense is run/PA based.

However when you pay a QB the kind of money we are it's hard to be content with his play.

I think it's unfair to compare Palmer to them though b/c they are on a completely different level and always have been. Factor in your second line and there's really no reason he could have succeeded. Very few QBs would have succeeded here.

I get the money thing but that's out of our control. I'm sure if he's retained, there could be another look at getting some work done on it similar to what happened this season.

+1

We could pay Palmer $40M a year or $4 a year, either way he will be handicapped by the type off offense he was in and who was in charge of it. Rodgers, Brady, etc have better coaches and are in offenses that revolve around the pass and are built as such. Palmer was in an offense built around the run, which failed.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that Tib. Good info. Regardless, WR shouldn't really be a focus for us IMO in the upcoming draft. None the less though, he's an interesting prospect.

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have never had much of a running game and they've done outstanding.

I get that that's a bad comparison though since, as you said, Knapp's offense is run/PA based.

However when you pay a QB the kind of money we are it's hard to be content with his play.

I think it's unfair to compare Palmer to them though b/c they are on a completely different level and always have been. Factor in your second line and there's really no reason he could have succeeded. Very few QBs would have succeeded here.

I get the money thing but that's out of our control. I'm sure if he's retained, there could be another look at getting some work done on it similar to what happened this season.

+1

We could pay Palmer $40M a year or $4 a year, either way he will be handicapped by the type off offense he was in and who was in charge of it. Rodgers, Brady, etc have better coaches and are in offenses that revolve around the pass and are built as such. Palmer was in an offense built around the run, which failed.

I just hope whoever we hire to run our offense plays to our strengths whatever they may be at the time. If Palmer is still around, he must be the focal point and whatever could aide him in being more productive. I think he showed this season that he still has the arm strength to succeed and can do it. If McFadden is still around, we must switch to the PBS b/c that's the only system he's shown to thrive in while not injured. Another year w/ the WRs, assuming Palmer is still around, will help tremendously. They showed they weren't on the same page often and who knows if that's the QBs or WRs fault but regardless, it should improve.

PM sig requests.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
The only advanced stat that we need to acknowledge is that Pryor led the NFL this season in touchdowns per start.

LMAO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: