Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis retiring at end of season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14042
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one monkey off the Steelers back.

He was a great player. I hated watching Pittsburgh play against him. Laughing

Hope he enjoys retirement. He can watch his kid play, and he can get into coaching/analyst.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34862
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
NFLN is wondering if he is going to pull a Favre. You know-retire then pop-up on a division rival a year or two later.


Hmmm...Ray in a Steelers uniform. Think
No way that happens. Ray wouldnt do that to Baltimore. Plus why would he leave? He is the best LB they have.




This guy says hi.


Ray Lewis is still playing at an extremely high level... I'd still take Lewis.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vang_evo9


Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Posts: 1041
Location: Fresno, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE definition of football!! I hope nothing but the absolute best for him!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13799
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Ray is possibly the GOAT at his position. He's not a guy that I see flip flopping and coming back. Wish him the best!
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad to hear that this is his last season, especially because his season has had him injured which has caused him to miss games, and I didnt want to see him go out on a note like this.. the pride that the man has would have made me believe he would come back for one more year so he could go out on a high note/his own terms.

Ray is the GOAT.. very possible that he is the best defensive player in my lifetime/my generation. No question first ballot Hall of Famer 5 years from the second he plays his last game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Moderator
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17521
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ventured onto some Browns and Steelers boards to see what they had to say.

This was not a good idea.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1542
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great player.

One of those guys when he did decline in some form or fashion ever so slightly, people didn't care because he brought so much more than just his play.

Ray would make a great linebackers coach, in my opinion. But that should be a no-brainer at this point.
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15358
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
I ventured onto some Browns and Steelers boards to see what they had to say.

This was not a good idea.


Just the truth is being spoken. Great player but should be locked up.

But I would of had him on the Browns in a heart beat.

Yet I don't want Vick for what he did.

Strange....
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20594
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
I ventured onto some Browns and Steelers boards to see what they had to say.

This was not a good idea.


Just the truth is being spoken. Great player but should be locked up.

But I would of had him on the Browns in a heart beat.

Yet I don't want Vick for what he did.

Strange....


Why should he be locked up for not ratting on someone else for killing a guy?
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15358
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
I ventured onto some Browns and Steelers boards to see what they had to say.

This was not a good idea.


Just the truth is being spoken. Great player but should be locked up.

But I would of had him on the Browns in a heart beat.

Yet I don't want Vick for what he did.

Strange....


Why should he be locked up for not ratting on someone else for killing a guy?


Most likely will break forum rules if we talk about it so I'm not going to.

I will leave it at this. He is one of the all time greats and a first ballot HOFer. The NFL is going to feel strange without him.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2897
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this guy could play forever.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19186
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Illustrated wrote:
ESPN is on the verge of adding Ray Lewis to its talent lineup.

Multiple sources told SI.com the Ravens linebacker is close to signing a multi-year contract with the network. At ESPN, Lewis is expected to have a significant role on the network's Monday Night Countdown program. As with most ESPN NFL talent, Lewis would also be featured on multiple platforms, including ESPN Radio.

***

One of Lewis' main requirements, according to sources, was flexibility in his schedule so he could attend the games of his son, Ray Lewis III, who will be a freshman running back/defensive back next season at his father's alma mater, the University of Miami. Such scheduling made Lewis an unlikely fit for a full-time role on the Sunday morning shows aired by CBS or Fox where he'd be required to be part of pre-show meetings on either Saturday or early Sunday.

_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3271
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Sports Illustrated wrote:
ESPN is on the verge of adding Ray Lewis to its talent lineup.

Multiple sources told SI.com the Ravens linebacker is close to signing a multi-year contract with the network. At ESPN, Lewis is expected to have a significant role on the network's Monday Night Countdown program. As with most ESPN NFL talent, Lewis would also be featured on multiple platforms, including ESPN Radio.

***

One of Lewis' main requirements, according to sources, was flexibility in his schedule so he could attend the games of his son, Ray Lewis III, who will be a freshman running back/defensive back next season at his father's alma mater, the University of Miami. Such scheduling made Lewis an unlikely fit for a full-time role on the Sunday morning shows aired by CBS or Fox where he'd be required to be part of pre-show meetings on either Saturday or early Sunday.


Wonder if he'll give his fellow staff members motivational speeches before they go on air.
_________________
Vikefan79 wrote:
And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnnyboy8102


Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 708
Location: Motown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Ray Lewis myth, "He hasn't been able to cover the last 5 years"

INCORRECT

Since 2008 (age 33 season)
66 Games played

2.17 receptions per game
21.63 yards per game
12.5 YAC per game
4 Total TDs given up

If that is getting "exposed" in coverage well sign me up!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnnyboy8102


Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 708
Location: Motown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
I ventured onto some Browns and Steelers boards to see what they had to say.

This was not a good idea.


Just the truth is being spoken. Great player but should be locked up.

But I would of had him on the Browns in a heart beat.

Yet I don't want Vick for what he did.

Strange....


Why should he be locked up for not ratting on someone else for killing a guy?


Most likely will break forum rules if we talk about it so I'm not going to.

I will leave it at this. He is one of the all time greats and a first ballot HOFer. The NFL is going to feel strange without him.


Without going to deep into it; he got punished for what he did (lying/obstructing). And this happened during the playoffs for 1999 NFL season.

Getting punished for what you actually did + not hearing a peep from you in nearly 15 years = let's drop the subject.

I do think some of the factually inaccurate comments pertaining to the incident (some to an extreme degree) are just people trying to get a rise out of others. At least I hope so, I don't want to think that many people are that unintelligent to look things up for themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group