Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R Wilson Vs RGIII ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing by my statement.

Wilson can make all the throws. He's just as capable on rollouts and bootlegs. He can run the option. He has just as much, if not more, leadership than Robert Griffin III.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:

Wilson can make all the throws. He's just as capable on rollouts and bootlegs. He can run the option. He has just as much, if not more, leadership than Robert Griffin III.
yeah. Hindsight. Wonderful!

The only person in this forum who believed in Russell Wilson that I remember before the draft was Bowilson11.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

The only person in this forum who believed in Russell Wilson that I remember before the draft was Bowilson11.

I'm not disagreeing. However, Mike Shanahan is supposed to be the guru. And as much as he loves to build through the draft, this guy was definitely on his radar. In all honesty, Wilson would have warranted being taken in the first round, with our 6th pick. At least, with hindsight Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

I'm not disagreeing. However, Mike Shanahan is supposed to be the guru. And as much as he loves to build through the draft, this guy was definitely on his radar. In all honesty, Wilson would have warranted being taken in the first round, with our 6th pick. At least, with hindsight Laughing
that being said i don't know a person in the USA who wouldn't have taken Rg3 over Wilson. If rg3 wasn't injured, we didn't have so many injuries and we ran the ballot he final 3 quarters last week, there is no doubt we would have been playing today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Did the Redskins give up a ransom to get RG3? Yes.

Does this mean that Russell Wilson would have been better for this franchise? No.

Would I, personally, draft Wilson instead of RG3, even with the acquisition fee? Not a chance.

I don't get how one can say that Russell Wilson is a better thrower considering RG3 is known for great accuracy with short patterns. What it does come down to is leadership. Frankly, I think Wilson is being massively overrated during the latter third of the season.

Are you kidding me?? Overrated? He's been playing his best ball in the latter part of the season

And during that time, people have vastly overrated him. Somewhere along the way people seem to forget how good his blocking has been, with an elite RB and strong receiving targets.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Did the Redskins give up a ransom to get RG3? Yes.

Does this mean that Russell Wilson would have been better for this franchise? No.

Would I, personally, draft Wilson instead of RG3, even with the acquisition fee? Not a chance.

I don't get how one can say that Russell Wilson is a better thrower considering RG3 is known for great accuracy with short patterns. What it does come down to is leadership. Frankly, I think Wilson is being massively overrated during the latter third of the season.

Are you kidding me?? Overrated? He's been playing his best ball in the latter part of the season

And during that time, people have vastly overrated him. Somewhere along the way people seem to forget how good his blocking has been, with an elite RB and strong receiving targets.
dont forget about the top scoring D in the NFL! Wink

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

And me. But no, I would pick a healthy RG3 over him.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

And me. But no, I would pick a healthy RG3 over him.
yeah, I said "I remembered" because bowilson started a whole topic about it and I remember him being very convincing in his arguments

ghost305

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick RG3 but he will eventually be run through the ground by Shanahans.
Not only that RG3 does not slide to protect himself like Kaep, Luck or Wilson.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghost305 wrote:
Kapernick and Luck don't slide either

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ghost305 wrote:
Kapernick and Luck don't slide either...

Next
Wilson's not exactly fantastic at sliding either. But really he only goes head on when we need the first I guess.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ghost305 wrote:

Next
Wilson's not exactly fantastic at sliding either. But really he only goes head on when we need the first I guess.
yeah. He's smart about it. Kapernick is good at running out of bounds when he sees multiple defenders coming at him and he can get out.

Rg3 started to do that the second half of the year. I really think he's going to protect himself better moving forward. The hit from Nagata was a total fluke that it injured rg3.

Luck definitely doesn't slide.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ghost305 wrote:

Next
yeah. He's smart about it. Kapernick is good at running out of bounds when he seems multiple defenders coming at him and he can get out.

Rg3 started to do that the second half of the year. I really think he's going to protect himself better moving forward. The hit from Nagata was a total fluke that it injured rg3.

Agreed.

But, in defense of Kap, Wilson, and Luck, they didn't start the option stuff till much later in the season. Most of their mobility games were rollouts and bootlegs.

Personally, I think that this knee injury, if, and only if he comes back from it, will be the best thing to happen to Griffin for his pro career. He was on his way to a 5 year career. He needs to learn from this. Learn how to be more of a passer and to have his scrambling be a secondary asset. He needs to be willing to throw the ball away.

He'll spend most of his non-rehab off time studying the system and studying the playbook. He should come back a much better passer which will hopefully keep him out of the run option crap that's going to get him killed.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ghost305 wrote:

Next
yeah. He's smart about it. Kapernick is good at running out of bounds when he seems multiple defenders coming at him and he can get out.

Agreed.

But, in defense of Kap, Wilson, and Luck, they didn't start the option stuff till much later in the season. Most of their mobility games were rollouts and bootlegs.

Personally, I think that this knee injury, if, and only if he comes back from it, will be the best thing to happen to Griffin for his pro career. He was on his way to a 5 year career. He needs to learn from this. Learn how to be more of a passer and to have his scrambling be a secondary asset. He needs to be willing to throw the ball away.

He'll spend most of his non-rehab off time studying the system and studying the playbook. He should come back a much better passer which will hopefully keep him out of the run option crap that's going to get him killed.

Last time he had a serious injury he sat in a chair and threw footballs with his dad and greatly increased his arm strength and accuracy
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 5 year career Slateman? Come on man.

Rg3 will be back at some point in 2013, he might not be the dynamic sprinter he was last year but no one can rule that out just as we can't say he definitely will be the same when he returns. Mostly likely he won't look the same until the 2014 season (if he ever does) because it will take time to get back. Most players (not named Peterson) aren't the same the first year coming of the acl as they were before but by year two they were back to where he was.

To say he was only going to have a 5 year career doesn't hold up either. What rationale do you have for making such a statement?

Qbs who ran as much or more than he did in past decades played 10+ years in the NFL.

It's also expected that he won't run as much when he comes back. Even so, never did he get hurt or have his knee on a designed run all year. He was either flushed out of the pocket and scrambled, was rolling out and agrivated it or was sacked.

He just has to play smarter. I think he will, he's a very intelligent guy. He has to learn how to protect himself better, get out of bounds, slide and get down sooner when nothing is there. He has to learn to throw the ball away sooner as well, he holds onto the ball, all of these are learned skills of the NFL though. He's a 22 year old rookie, he will improve on all of it.

I personally feel that he may become a better passer and all around better qb from the pocket because of this injury. When he done with his most grueling part of his rehab, I know he and Mike, Kyle and Matt are going to be working diligently on the passing game since that's the part of his game that he can improve the most upon, will keep him around the longest and will make this offense even better if he can become a great passer from the pocket.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: