Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OAK-DET to coach Senior Bowl.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of jealous people in here, haters man. This is great for raiders and lions.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we get a good look at Ansah
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguably the two worst coaching staffs in the NFL in terms of discpline are coaching high school seniors? My goodness, who the hell decides these kinds of things?!

I just hope I don't see any high school kids stomping other players or purposely sabotaging their team because they aren't getting enough passes thrown their way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Arguably the two worst coaching staffs in the NFL in terms of discpline are coaching high school seniors? My goodness, who the hell decides these kinds of things?!

I just hope I don't see any high school kids stomping other players or purposely sabotaging their team because they aren't getting enough passes thrown their way.
Well...they aren't coaching high school seniors. The Senior Bowl is for college seniors and is part of the pre-draft process. So at least there's that. Laughing
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Neither team is in the bottom five this year with penalities...just sayin...
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

But hey, as long as he can look cools infront of his friends he can say whatever he wants regardless of truth!
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is one team's offense going to consist of forcing the ball to one receiver in the passing game?

Kidding aside, great new for Lions and Raiders.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This goes by draft order. With KC, Jax (likely), Philly all in upheaval the Raiders and Lions got the nod.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
poor kids

Laughing

Probably would have wanted better coaching staffs for the job, but I suppose it's additional work. Though it's also an amazing way to get more scouting time on players.

It could be worse. Munchak could have been coaching these kids.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Lots of jealous people in here, haters man. This is great for raiders and lions.

Nailed it so hard
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well...they aren't coaching high school seniors. The Senior Bowl is for college seniors and is part of the pre-draft process. So at least there's that. Laughing

Whoops, wow, not really sure why I assumed high school seniors LOL! My mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I mean, not just penalties, but discipline of their teams in general. Detroit is known for being undisciplined and poorly coached (I mean just watch their games...seriously), and Oakland has discipline problems with their players as well, it's not really a secret lol.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
the Viking staff coached in the Senior Bowl last year and said it was very valuable.

they saw S Harrison Smith play in the game but intentionally never showed any public interest in him or interviewed him or tried him out. Smith had no idea he was on the Vikings' radar, which he was all along given they traded up to draft him.

I agree, coaching the senior bowl is a very valuable scouting advantage. That's why they always offer it to the worst teams in the league. I never really understood why teams would turn it down (other than the teams that were firing their coaching staff and didn't have the new staff in yet).The 49ers used the senior bowl in 2007 to get a very close look at Joe Staley and ended up trading back up into the first to pick him up. Two probowls later, its looking like a very good pick.

Yep. Two years ago, Wade Phillips was the coach of the Senior Bowl...and he got a very up close and personal look at this DE from Wisconsin...JJ Watt. Despite the Texans already having a similar player in terms of size, speed and athletic ability in Mario Williams, Phillips' advised on what he saw firsthand from Watt, and dictated that the Texans would select him 11th overall. Wade basically said "I'll figure out what we're gonna do with Mario, but under no circumstances can we let this Watt kid play for anyone else..."

You can go to the combine and watch tape and interview old coaches and go to pro days and interview the kids...all of that stuff can lead to a lot of nothing; You have to actually sit down with the guys, give 'em instruction and see how they execute, how they pick themselves up after a bad play, how they respond to adversity, and how they handle success to gauge whether or not they have what it takes to grow in this league, and coaching this game usually means you're a step ahead of the scouting process vs the remainder of the field.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
poor kids

Laughing

Probably would have wanted better coaching staffs for the job, but I suppose it's additional work. Though it's also an amazing way to get more scouting time on players.

It could be worse. Munchak could have been coaching these kids.

Nah. Munchak wouldn't bother coaching. They would just go out there and play with no gameplan. Then when something goes wrong he'll just smile.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Rolni wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I mean, not just penalties, but discipline of their teams in general. Detroit is known for being undisciplined and poorly coached (I mean just watch their games...seriously), and Oakland has discipline problems with their players as well, it's not really a secret lol.

In all fairness, the Raiders reduced their penalties to the lowest point in over a decade. Allen has a ways to go to get the bad habits from the Davis era out of the players, but he made nice progress.

A lot of the mistake making players will be out this offseason as well. Kelly, Seymour, Barnes.

I was actually impressed with Allen doing what every coach said they would and get the penalties down. Lowest point since Gruden was the coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: