Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62510
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

2013 Re-signs/restructure:

1. Re-sign Rob Jackson (probably won't stay though)

2. Franchise Fred Davis

3. Re-sign Lorenzo Alexander

3. Re- Sign Kory L to a long term deal

4. Re-sign Chris Baker to be our back up NT

5. Re-Sign Tyler Polumbus to compete with Tom Compton and Rookie

6. Sign Richard Seymour to a reasonable contract

7. Tender Restricted Free Agents Darrel Young and Logan Paulsen

8. Restructure Santana Moss to create cap room to add free agents

9. Cut Jamaal Brown after June 1st

2013 Free Agency:

1. Sign Keenan Lewis to be our starting cb opposite Wilson at

2. Sign Dashon Goldson to be starting FS with Meriweather at SS

3. Sign Ryan Harris to compete with Tyler Polumbus, Tom Compton, and Kyle Long for the starting RT and back up tackle positions

4. Sign Larry Grant (Reserve ilb 49ers) to be a reserve for us and take Fletch's spot when he retires

2013 NFL Draft:

2) Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
3) DJ Swearinger, FS, South Carolina
4) Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State
5) Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
5) Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky
6) Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
7) Marcus Latimore, RB, South Carolina

2013 Roster:

Qb: RG3, Cousins
Rb: Morris, Helu, Royster
FB: Young
Te: Davis, Paulsen, Paul
Wr: Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Briscoe, Boyce
LT: TWilliams, Compton
Lg: Kory L, Hurt
C: Montgomery, LeRibeus
Rg: Chester, Gettis
Rt: Harris, Aboushi

(25)

Rde: Seymour, Bowen
Nt: Cofield, Baker, Neild
Lde: Carriker, Jenkins

Rolb: Orakpo, Jackson
Rilb: Fletcher, Grant, Robinson
Lilb: Riley, Nico Johnson
Lolb: Kerrigan, Alexander

Cb: Lewis, Wilson, Cedric Griffin, Travis Howard, Crawford
SS: Meriweather, Doughty
FS: Goldson, DJ Swearinger

(25)

Kr: Helu
PR: Crawford
K: Forbath
LS: Sundberg
P: Rocca

(3)

Practice squad:

1. Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky
2. Chase Minifield, CB
3. Jordan Bernstein, DB
4. Anunoby, Chigbo DL
5. Boyle, Pat G
6. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

Injured Reserve:

Marcus Latimore, RB
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17


Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 6227
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is the top ranked safety so far. I don't see him being there in the second round. But yea, if he's there, do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62510
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Reid is the top ranked safety so far. I don't see him being there in the second round. But yea, if he's there, do it.
he's not. He's had a down year and is likely a mid to late 2nd round pick
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 6227
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Reid is the top ranked safety so far. I don't see him being there in the second round. But yea, if he's there, do it.
he's not. He's had a down year and is likely a mid to late 2nd round pick


I'd rather have Phillip Thomas if he's there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing turtle, we have 2 5th's and not 2 6th rounders. McNabb didnt meet the playing time criteria to warrant us a pick.

Desmond Trufant is a 2nd round pick. The lack of top end talent behind Milliner and Banks is limited to Poyer and Trufant and teams are going to go after them especially since Tampa is in dire need of CB's.

Eric Reid is a 2nd round S prospect currently but the reports are that he needs people around him to make him play better and he doesnt play well in space.

I have Nico Johnson to the Ravens in the 2nd because its Alec Ogletree, Nico Johnson and then everyone else.

Minter was a possibility, but watching him play, he doesnt react to plays well and cannot shed blocks.

Kevin Reddick in the 3rd would probably be a better choice as he is aggressive to the run and can move well laterally. He pretty much plays side to side and is not afraid of contact.

The way that DHall has been playing lately, seems like he is going to be retained, but hopefully restructured.

I like the Kyle Long pick, but I think that he is moving up the boards slowly.

Also, I like the free agency guys, but with free agency you really dont want to sign guys that are going to be long term starters and then draft a guy who could start right away in the 2nd round only to play behind the free agent you signed. i.e., Dashon Goldson and Eric Reid.

I am not big on Lattimore. I think that we have young RB's currently and that they fit well in our scheme. This might be the year that Shanny does not draft a RB. But I dont see replacing Helu with Lattimore when they are both coming off season ending injuries.

If anything we do need that change of pace back and possibly, in the 5th it could be Kenjon Barner.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62510
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Reid is the top ranked safety so far. I don't see him being there in the second round. But yea, if he's there, do it.
he's not. He's had a down year and is likely a mid to late 2nd round pick


I'd rather have Phillip Thomas if he's there
he's a Strong Safety not a free safety. This defense needs a true free safety with good range and has needed that since Sean's passing. Finding one in the draft or FA should be our top priority this offseason.

And great points, thanks Mike23. I just have wishful thinking Trufant will fall. I want our FS position just fixed for now and the future. Goldson is 28 (going to be 29 in may) he's not a real long term signing IMO. I'd like to get Reid for our future when Goldson is gone.

I see some have Nico as a 2/3, some have him 5/6 so in splitting the difference and putting him in the 4th. Wink

Latimore in the 7th is a possible steal if he gets healthy. At that point it's like getting the udfa you really want by drafting him, so why not take a chance on a great character guy with great work eithic and great talent?

I think our change of pace back is Helu on offense. We miss him this year in the receiving game, as a change if pace back and as a homerun threat in our backfield. I don't see us needing to draft another one ATM.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17


Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Reid is the top ranked safety so far. I don't see him being there in the second round. But yea, if he's there, do it.
he's not. He's had a down year and is likely a mid to late 2nd round pick


I'd rather have Phillip Thomas if he's there
he's a Strong Safety not a free safety. This defense needs a true free safety with good range and has needed that since Sean's passing. Finding one in the draft or FA should be our top priority this offseason.

And great points, thanks Mike23. I just have wishful thinking Trufant will fall. I want our FS position just fixed for now and the future. Goldson is 28 (going to be 29 in may) he's not a real long term signing IMO. I'd like to get Reid for our future when Goldson is gone.

I see some have Nico as a 2/3, some have him 5/6 so in splitting the difference and putting him in the 4th. Wink

Latimore in the 7th is a possible steal if he wrs healthy. At that point it's like getting the udfa you really want by drafting him, so why not take a chance on a great character guy with great work eithic and great talent?


I dont see Trufant falling unless he runs a 4.6 40.

The S that I would love to see fall is T.J. McDonald. But he is measuring out on the edge of the 1st to early 2nd right now.

Oh, and I forgot about David Amerson. But where we are picking in the second, he wont be there.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3717
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know,, this might be a year for a trade up. We finally have a roster with some depth and our needs aren't quite as desperate as usual.. We have so many good players on I R --Like a whole Free agency , draft class coming back. !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
You know,, this might be a year for a trade up. We finally have a roster with some depth and our needs aren't quite as desperate as usual.. We have so many good players on I R --Like a whole Free agency , draft class coming back. !


We dont have the firepower to trade up and what do we trade up for?

This is deep S and CB draft class that we could take either in the 2nd round at our pick.

S, CB, ILB, OT seem to be our only needs.

Matt Elam, T.J. McDonald and Kenny Vaccarro are the only first round prospected S's.

And there is a good chance that either Jefferson, Reid or Rambo could be at our pick.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62510
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Reid is the top ranked safety so far. I don't see him being there in the second round. But yea, if he's there, do it.
he's not. He's had a down year and is likely a mid to late 2nd round pick


I'd rather have Phillip Thomas if he's there
he's a Strong Safety not a free safety. This defense needs a true free safety with good range and has needed that since Sean's passing. Finding one in the draft or FA should be our top priority this offseason.

And great points, thanks Mike23. I just have wishful thinking Trufant will fall. I want our FS position just fixed for now and the future. Goldson is 28 (going to be 29 in may) he's not a real long term signing IMO. I'd like to get Reid for our future when Goldson is gone.

I see some have Nico as a 2/3, some have him 5/6 so in splitting the difference and putting him in the 4th. Wink

Latimore in the 7th is a possible steal if he wrs healthy. At that point it's like getting the udfa you really want by drafting him, so why not take a chance on a great character guy with great work eithic and great talent?


I dont see Trufant falling unless he runs a 4.6 40.

The S that I would love to see fall is T.J. McDonald. But he is measuring out on the edge of the 1st to early 2nd right now.

Oh, and I forgot about David Amerson. But where we are picking in the second, he wont be there.
well my wishful thinking is Trufant and yours is McDonald. Most likely neither will fall to us in round 3 , but boys can dream Right? Laughing

As for Lattimore, I don't see him replacing anyone in 2013. I think he will be rehabbing his knee/leg. As you can see on my roster list, I have him on IR. possibly in 2014 he replaces Royster on our roster if healthy, either way its worth the risk on a 7th round pick.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5476
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have DJ Swearinger or Bacarri Rambo in the second...
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3717
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
You know,, this might be a year for a trade up. We finally have a roster with some depth and our needs aren't quite as desperate as usual.. We have so many good players on I R --Like a whole Free agency , draft class coming back. !


We dont have the firepower to trade up and what do we trade up for?

This is deep S and CB draft class that we could take either in the 2nd round at our pick.

S, CB, ILB, OT seem to be our only needs.

Matt Elam, T.J. McDonald and Kenny Vaccarro are the only first round prospected S's.

And there is a good chance that either Jefferson, Reid or Rambo could be at our pick.


I was thinking our two and four to move up Round #2 if it was a player they really loved.. Mainly just saying unlike previous years -- I can see that option .!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62510
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'd rather have DJ Swearinger or Bacarri Rambo in the second...
definitely good options as well. I've always liked Eric Reid though. I'm sticking by my man! Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'd rather have DJ Swearinger or Bacarri Rambo in the second...


I think this depends a lot on the combine. Swearinger is an interesting prospect. He has decent size and weight and could play at either position. In all honesty, Swearinger would play the SS in this defense and Meriweather would move to FS. That would be the ideal combination. Swearinger is much better in the box and tackles very well.

Rambo is kind of a hot head and likes to go after the big hits. Swearinger does too, but Swearinger has shown some spots of playing brilliantly. Rambo is kind of undisciplined.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62510
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I'd rather have DJ Swearinger or Bacarri Rambo in the second...


I think this depends a lot on the combine. Swearinger is an interesting prospect. He has decent size and weight and could play at either position. In all honesty, Swearinger would play the SS in this defense and Meriweather would move to FS. That would be the ideal combination. Swearinger is much better in the box and tackles very well.

Rambo is kind of a hot head and likes to go after the big hits. Swearinger does too, but Swearinger has shown some spots of playing brilliantly. Rambo is kind of undisciplined.
Meriweather has no business playing FS in any scheme. He's like Laron Landry. Strictly a SS because he struggles covering in space.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group