Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason that most of us can agree on!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wobly_wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Offseason that most of us can agree on! Reply with quote

First thing fire ron rivera their is a reason why it took him so long to be a head coach an it shows with our team.

Hire chip kelly cam newton is exact type qb chip uses in college.

Now draft
Rd 1 star loteui. For obvious reason ray lewis needed ngata see how much it helped him. An luke we will just say gona be more exciting to watch.

Rd 2 phillip thomas fresno state. We need a ball hawk an sherod martin needs to go.

Rd 2 traded jstew an a 5th to browns
Draft jake mathews

Rd 4 marcus latimore falls cuz of injury

Now our team

Restructures
Chris gamble
Jon beason
Jordan gross
James anderson

Cuts
Charles godfrey reason for is lets big plays by misses alot of tackles an his pass cover skills are subpar.

Ron edwards guys always hurt an it seems like we allow more rushing yards while he is in even tho they say reason we cant stop the run is cuz he is hurt check out our rush defense last five games

Amati edwards just garbage good last game tho

We also might think of cutting jordan gross he is gettin old an not as dominant i would love to keep him but blame hurney. And put james anderson on that list to cuz he will be a 40 mil dollar backup

An also anyone else think we would have a strong 3-4 team on defense?
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Lotulelei is not going to fall to where the Panthers are picking, unless we pull some type of trade that gets us into the top 5 of the draft, which would be exorbitantly expensive to do.

Chip Kelly will be a good coach for the Panthers, but not because Cam is similar to the QB he coaches now, it's because Chip Kelly has a high football IQ and knows how to use players effectively.

Not sure why the Browns would be interested in trading for Stewart when they just draft Richardson very high in the draft, no way they would give up a 2nd to get Stewart. It just doesn't make sense. Teams that would be interested in Stewart are teams with virtually zero running game now; like Packers, Jets, Colts, Chargers, Dolphins, or Steelers. It is not out of the question to get a 2nd for Stewart, but just with the right team though and Jake Matthews would be an awesome pick for us with that 2nd round pick.

I do like getting Phillip Thomas in the 2nd, he's going to be a special player. Team him with Godfrey and I believe we have our secondary of the future.

No way I touch Marcus Lattimore, especially in the 4th when we have bigger needs than RB. His injury history really concerns me as well. Let's look at OL or WR depth with this pick.

I agree with all of the restrutures except Anderson, he's only scheduled to make 2.9M this year, not really anything that's going to save us a ton of cash. For how he's playing, 2.9M is a steal.

Cutting Godfrey will be a mistake, while we do need an overhaul of the secondary, Godfrey has been our only consistant and best player there. I think it would be a better option to restruture him for the long term rather than cut him. He's still young and has done very well, it will be better for us to find him a capable tag team partner rather than cut him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought Jake Matthews was returning to school..?
Moody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...nobody is going to agree with this...

Star won't fall

Rivera is staying

Cutting the only secondary player that made it through the season?

2nd for Stewart? No way.

Commas are helpful.
89 06 MVP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Offseason that most of us can agree on! Reply with quote

wobly_wolf wrote:
First thing fire ron rivera their is a reason why it took him so long to be a head coach an it shows with our team.

Now draft
Rd 1 star loteui. For obvious reason ray lewis needed ngata see how much it helped him. An luke we will just say gona be more exciting to watch.

Rd 2 phillip thomas fresno state. We need a ball hawk an sherod martin needs to go.

Draft jake mathews

Now our team

Restructures
Chris gamble
Jon beason
Jordan gross
James anderson

Cuts
Charles godfrey reason for is lets big plays by misses alot of tackles an his pass cover skills are subpar.

Ron edwards guys always hurt an it seems like we allow more rushing yards while he is in even tho they say reason we cant stop the run is cuz he is hurt check out our rush defense last five games

We also might think of cutting jordan gross he is gettin old an not as dominant i would love to keep him but blame hurney. And put james anderson on that list to cuz he will be a 40 mil dollar backup

Ron Edwards & A.Edwards are FA's this off season if I'm correct....
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Offseason that most of us can agree on! Reply with quote

89 06 MVP wrote:
wobly_wolf wrote:

Now draft

Draft jake mathews

Now our team

Restructures
Chris gamble
Jon beason
Jordan gross
James anderson

Cuts

Ron Edwards & A.Edwards are FA's this off season if I'm correct....

Ron has one more year on his contract.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a terrible offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all of what you said either won't happen or I strongly disagree with.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree with most of that but have to agree that Beason, Gross and Gamble would all greatly benefit the team if they were to agree to restructure.
Fatback_Bryant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with the other responses on the draft picks. Star might fill the most glaring need, but his name will be called long before the 14th selection. The Panthers are certainly in a BPA spot in the draft order. However, the trade activity in the first round since the new wage scale makes nothing impossible. With the cuts that the team is going to have to take just to make the cap, much less get under, I think there will be some big holes on the roster to fill. I think whoever's there at 14 can certainly upgrade the team for next season. I just hope that our new GM makes a great draft class for the team. I might be wrong, but I can't see any cap room becoming free to even entertain the idea of shopping in free agency. I hate the idea of losing solid players from the team, but it's a business, right? I love Godfrey's swagger, and Gross's veteran presence on an ever-changing o-line, but I'm almost certain they will both be cut. The interesting one for me is Beason. I know folks will say that he is injury prone, but they said the same for Thomas Davis. It's comparing apples and oranges, but it's worth noting. I can't put myself in Beason's shoes, but he HAS to see that he is the odd man out. I don't think it's any question that Kuechly has locked down his MLB spot for years to come. As a fan, I'd love to see him return to all-pro form on the outside and give the Panthers a killer corps of LB's. It will be an interesting situation for the incoming Gm, no doubt.
mark83

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Browns fan and I live in Charlotte so it makes me a fan of the panthers as well. We would not give up a 2nd round pick for Stewart and by the way we don't even have a 2nd round pick we used it in the supplemental draft on Josh Gordon. I would be interested in Stewart for a 5 or 6 though, he is more injury prone than our backup. And there is a rumor that Pat Shurmur our old HC is interviewing for OC good luck he is a west coast type who will be throwing 2 yard slants on 3rd and 19 and then act like he was surprised he didn't get a first down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: