Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jared Gaither "can't" return to SD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24480
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Give us your 1st and 2nd and you can have Joeckel.


Why would anybody want a guy that's seriously flawed early in any draft?


Just wondering Drew, what games do you think he showed these gigantic flaws in? I certainly see some, such as him letting guys into his body, but not all these ones you see. Also, it is funny, because others see more issue with Lewan's technique. Laughing Laughing

To be fair he accurately saw flaws a lot of folks didn't see in Jonathan Martin this time last year too - when many people were projecting Martin as a Top 10-15 pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26459
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Give us your 1st and 2nd and you can have Joeckel.


Why would anybody want a guy that's seriously flawed early in any draft?


Just wondering Drew, what games do you think he showed these gigantic flaws in? I certainly see some, such as him letting guys into his body, but not all these ones you see. Also, it is funny, because others see more issue with Lewan's technique. Laughing Laughing

To be fair he accurately saw flaws a lot of folks didn't see in Jonathan Martin this time last year too - when many people were projecting Martin as a Top 10-15 pick.


That is true. I was just wondering.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 6037
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
I know Jared Gaither hasn't always been above board, but you try being almost 6'10" 350 pounds and play a sport you have to bend at the knees...back problems can be unbelievable to deal with...not to mention when it comes to back problems there are many instances where pain/conditions are unable to be determined/treated. Back problems are the worst.

Oh, and how as someone as terrible as Jaromey Clary been able to play so long? Unreal.


Just one more reason AJ Smith is currently unemployed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7248
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this many Chargers fans in one thread.

Is there solid proof this guy is "loafing" it?
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18042
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I've never seen this many Chargers fans in one thread.

Is there solid proof this guy is "loafing" it?


It really doesn't matter anymore. The locker room has completely turned on him. They obviously feel pretty strongly he is by some of the quotes in the article. No way you can keep a guy around that nobody trusts.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24480
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
I've never seen this many Chargers fans in one thread.

Is there solid proof this guy is "loafing" it?


It really doesn't matter anymore. The locker room has completely turned on him. They obviously feel pretty strongly he is by some of the quotes in the article. No way you can keep a guy around that nobody trusts.

Got to figure it doesn't help that there's 4-5 of his former teammates (Jarret Johnson, Le'Ron McClain, Antwan Barnes, and Chris Carr were all with him on the Ravens; McClain and DeMorrio Williams were teammates of Gaither's on the Chiefs) currently on our roster.

The guy's had this reputation follow him to now 3 different teams and his reputation at Maryland was always that he "a great player... when he wants to play". I'd say where there's smoke, there's fire. He can go pound sand for all I care.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47623
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Give us your 1st and 2nd and you can have Joeckel.


Why would anybody want a guy that's seriously flawed early in any draft?


Just wondering Drew, what games do you think he showed these gigantic flaws in? I certainly see some, such as him letting guys into his body, but not all these ones you see. Also, it is funny, because others see more issue with Lewan's technique. Laughing Laughing


Letting guys into your body as an OT isn't necessarily a flaw.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24480
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Give us your 1st and 2nd and you can have Joeckel.


Why would anybody want a guy that's seriously flawed early in any draft?


Just wondering Drew, what games do you think he showed these gigantic flaws in? I certainly see some, such as him letting guys into his body, but not all these ones you see. Also, it is funny, because others see more issue with Lewan's technique. Laughing Laughing


Letting guys into your body as an OT isn't necessarily a flaw.

No, but I see where he's coming from and I think CWood was right on with the (eventual) Michael Roos comparison.

Once Joeckel has the opportunity to gain "pro strength" (i.e. a pro-level S&C program for a year), it won't make as much a difference. He does make some technical errors (half the time they look like failed tactical gambles) where he forfeits the best position to gain proper leverage on his assignment for one that doesn't end up being the better. Roos ended up being able to account for that with an improve anchor and noticeably increased upper-body strength from Y1 to Y2 and Y3... along with being coached better on when to give that soft-shoulder and when not. It's going to depend on what OL coach Joeckel ends up with to determine whether or not he'll be able to follow the same path. Even then, I'd still like to see a "meaner" attitude from him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22874
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
I know Jared Gaither hasn't always been above board, but you try being almost 6'10" 350 pounds and play a sport you have to bend at the knees...back problems can be unbelievable to deal with...not to mention when it comes to back problems there are many instances where pain/conditions are unable to be determined/treated. Back problems are the worst.

Oh, and how as someone as terrible as Jaromey Clary been able to play so long? Unreal.


Gaither has access to some of the best doctors in the world -- and they haven't been able to find any sort of cause of the "pain" for years. The dude is lazy. It's incredible how his pain goes away when he needs a contract and comes back once it's signed. And with the Ravens his back was fine and dandy, he gets moved to RT and all of the sudden it's there.

The guy is a joke. All the talent and potential in the world, but doesn't want to work.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
The guy is a joke. All the talent and potential in the world, but doesn't want to work.


Always sad to see a players career fizzle out for this reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While he is a big fella and that has to put pressure on his back and knees given his line of work, I have a feeling lack of want to play and work ethic are more of a factor here.

If he has this reputation already and the locker room turned on him, going to a different team is the most likely outcome but that stigma is going to follow him around for awhile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64293
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it means 1st round LT, which it should have meant that last year. That's good news for the offense, especially Rivers
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64293
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
While he is a big fella and that has to put pressure on his back and knees given his line of work, I have a feeling lack of want to play and work ethic are more of a factor here.

If he has this reputation already and the locker room turned on him, going to a different team is the most likely outcome but that stigma is going to follow him around for awhile.
i agree with this. I think it's sad as well. He played at umd, I live 20 minutes from the campus and I remember most of us redskins fans wanted to sign him a few off seasons ago when the ravens have up on him because frankly, we didn't have any better options. There were a few who didn't because of his back and the reports that are coming out about his lack of motivation. So, I'm glad we didn't sign him. Of Course we got Jamaal Brown and his bad hip who's been nothing but a walking injury for two draft picks from the saints and we re-signed him to a new contract that is killing us right now, so in that way- maybe Gaither would have been the better option. Confused
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18042
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Letting guys into your body as an OT isn't necessarily a flaw.


Ummm... What?

Letting guys into your body as an OT is one of the worst things you can do. You give up all leverage. A guy that lets DL into his body is getting pushed backwards.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26459
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
The guy is a joke. All the talent and potential in the world, but doesn't want to work.


Always sad to see a players career fizzle out for this reason.


I don't think it is sad. It is a shame the guy didn't want to work a little. Dude was really good without trying much, if he actually cared he could have been downright dominant.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group