Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Premier League team of the Season (so far)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mountainpd


Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 2478
Location: Fareham, UK
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Premier League team of the Season (so far) Reply with quote

Different players get different amount of recognition so would be interested in getting other opinions. Some of these guys are a given but sometimes it is difficult to pick who has performed best rather than actually the best players which why I have ignored Rooney, Toure, Hart etc.

Here's my team of the season so far hopefully without my Rose tinted glasses too much.


Team of the season (so far)

Bergovic
Zabaleta
Baines
Jaglieka
Vertonghen
Sandro
Fellaini
Mata
Bale
Suarez
Van Persie

Subs

Ruddy
Ivanovic
Shawcross
Dembele
Carrick
Cazorla
Michu

Like I said not necessarily all the best players that will be for another thread.

Who have I missed?Who would you choose, Walcott over Mata?
_________________


^^^Kempes^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11721
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Begovic

Zabaleta
Shawcross
Vertonghen
Baines

Mata
Cazorla
De Guzman
Bale

Suarez
Van Persie

Goalkeeper was really hard to pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 20279
Location: The District
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asmir Begovic

Rafael
Ryan Shawcross
Jonny Evans
Leighton Baines

Juan Mata
Marouane Fellaini
Claudio Yacob
Santi Cazorla

Robin van Persie
Luis Suarez
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reissing87jets


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 3825
Location: Manchester, England.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Mignolet

Pablo Zabaleta
Branislav Ivanovic
Ashley Williams
Leighton Baines

Juan Mata
Santi Cazorla
Steven Pienaar
Gareth Bale

Robin Van Persie
Luis Suarez

Subs
Julio Cesar
Jan Vertonghan
Glen Johnson
Jonathan De Guzman
Gareth Barry
Raheem Sterling
Michu
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Clyde Gates
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35831
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Begovic
Rafael
Shawcross
Vertonghen
Baines

Mata
Cazorla
Fellaini
Bale

Suarez
Van Persie
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 17357
Location: Anims Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michu not starting is a joke, right?
_________________
ravens_rool28 wrote:
I hate loving you.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28079
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Michu not starting is a joke, right?


Over who?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 17357
Location: Anims Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of my head I'd do a 4-2-3-1.

Mata out left
Michu in middle
Cazorla or Walcott out right
_________________
ravens_rool28 wrote:
I hate loving you.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28079
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Top of my head I'd do a 4-2-3-1.

Mata out left
Michu in middle
Cazorla or Walcott out right


This Walcott stuff has got to stop seriously.

He's had a nice December. But people are seriously getting their junk out for him wayyyy too much.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 17357
Location: Anims Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Top of my head I'd do a 4-2-3-1.

Mata out left
Michu in middle
Cazorla or Walcott out right


This Walcott stuff has got to stop seriously.

He's had a nice December. But people are seriously getting their junk out for him wayyyy too much.


Like I said, it's off the top of my head lol

I'd probably do something like

Begovic
Rafael
Shawcross
Vertonghen
Baines

Felliani
Dembele

Cazorla
Michu
Mata

Van Persie

With Michu playing almost as a second striker
_________________
ravens_rool28 wrote:
I hate loving you.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28079
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Top of my head I'd do a 4-2-3-1.

Mata out left
Michu in middle
Cazorla or Walcott out right


This Walcott stuff has got to stop seriously.

He's had a nice December. But people are seriously getting their junk out for him wayyyy too much.


Like I said, it's off the top of my head lol

I'd probably do something like

Begovic
Rafael
Shawcross
Vertonghen
Baines
Felliani
Dembele
Cazorla
Michu
Mata
Van Persie


So no Suarez? Arguably the player of the season?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 17357
Location: Anims Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh. Guess in a team of the season I don't need to worry about making the team viable.

Suarez for Dembele.
_________________
ravens_rool28 wrote:
I hate loving you.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 20279
Location: The District
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dembele missing most of October and November kinda disqualifies him for me. And Michu is in the unfortunate position of being up against RVP and Suarez at his position. Or Fellaini/Cazorla/Mata if you want to say he's a midfielder, which he really hasn't been for Swansea.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 11538
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GK: Idk, Brad Guzan

Defenders:
Rafael
Vertonghen
Olsson
Baines

Midfielder:

Dembele
Fellaini
Santi

Forwards:

Mata
RVP
Suarez
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35831
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
GK: Idk, Brad Guzan

Defenders:
Rafael
Vertonghen
Olsson
Baines

Midfielder:

Dembele
Fellaini
Santi

Forwards:

Mata
RVP
Suarez


Guzan, really?
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group