Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yes another mock offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Yes another mock offseason. Reply with quote

Now I don't know enough about player salary to make an educated guess but I think it could work out.

Re-Signings

Sean Smith
Randy Stark
Anthony Fasano
Tony McDaniel
Marcus Thigpen
Tyrone Culver

Not resigned
Jake Long - To much money
Reggie Bush - Tough to let go but I think it's time to move on
Brian Hartline - I expect he will receive interest from other teams and will get a offer that Miami will not want to match.
Chris Clemons - Decent S but need more from the position. Fins let him walk.
Matt Moore - Dolphins try to resign him but Moore decides to go to a team where he has a chance to start.
Bryan McCann and Marlon Moore are not resigned.

FA Signings
Greg Jennings - WR - IMO I don't think he is better than Bowe but he gets the nod due to his relationship with JP and his knowledge of the WCO.
Jared Cook - TE - People on here seem to either love him or hate him. I'm part of the group that loves his potential. He is an athletic freak with great hands but is not a great blocker hence the resigning of Fasano. For some reason Tennessee just doesn't throw to the TEs and they dont use him in the red zone. I think cook can be a redone nightmare.
Andy Levitre - OG - Maybe the best guard in FA. Young athletic guard that would help out the Oline tremendously(plus get him from a rival). Start at LG and move Incognito to his previous and natural position at RG.
Derek Cox - CB - Solid corner to start opposite Sean Smith and move Marshall to he 3rd CB. Was the best corner for the jags last season and probably will be the best CB on the market.
Brady Quinn - QB - Decent back to RT

NFL Draft

1. Jake Mathews - OT - Texas A&M - IMO Martin just isn't strong enough to play on the left side so Miami moves him back to the right side and Mathews takes over the left tackle spot. ***not Mathews maybe gone by 12 second option is Eric Fisher - OT -Central Mich.
2a. Eric Reid - S - LSU - Has been sliding in many mocks but is still a top S in the draft and would sure up the other safety spot opposite Jones.
2b. Robert Woods - WR - USC - Was once considered the top WR in this class but a had a down year but still has enough speed to stretch the field which Miami is missing. Has ok size at 6'1" around 190 lbs
3a. Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama - Hard nose runner would be a good complaint to new starter Lamar Miller which leaves Daniel Thomas as the 3rd RB which I like.
3b. Brandon Jankins - DE - FSU - Could possibly be the DE opposite Wake everyone has been looking for. Jenkins has dropped due to injury. He was projected as a 1st rounder before the injury.
4. Omoregie Uzzie - OG - GT - Uzzie would provide depth and the eventual replacement to Incognito.
5. Connor Vernon - WR - Duke - Perfect position WR. A faster Hartline, catches everything that comes his way.
7a. Marcus Lattimore - RB - USCe - could be the steal of the draft if he recovers 100% from his injury.
7b. Sean Renfree - QB - Duke - developmental QB ala Pat Devlin.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Matthews is returning to school the the 1st looks to be Fisher.

really like the free agency. Levitre, Cox, Jennings,

With regards to the draft I would rather not take a Running back in the third even if Reggie walks. would prefer another corner unless someone like Patton was available.

^^^Kempes^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: