Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I really think the field needs to be improved though, for player safety. If the NFL truly has safety as one of their #1 priorities, they will force the Skins to improve the conditions of the field.

The Redskins should do it anyway, for RG3's sake. Kid has already been injured a few times this year, he doesn't need another thing going against him.

They don't.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Hat Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field"

The Redskins had to play on the same field, yet, the Seahawks won the game, and they're still complaining? I could understand if they lost, but they won. What a bunch of softies.

The teams back in the 60's, and 70's never filed complaints about the field conditions they were playing on. Those field conditions were either the first generation of Astro Turf with a rock hard surface, and had standing water during a rain storm. The other field conditions were baseball/football stadiums were many never covered up the dirt infields after the baseball season.

Obviously the fields have gotten better since then, but Seattle acts like they were playing in mud up to their ankles.
BlueOne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be noted that the seahawks didn't "File" any sort of complaint. Carroll said the field was crappy in the post game presser and the league is taking that as an official complaint. People acting like the Hawks whined are making a lot of wind about nothing.
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
I really think the field needs to be improved though, for player safety. If the NFL truly has safety as one of their #1 priorities, they will force the Skins to improve the conditions of the field.

The Redskins should do it anyway, for RG3's sake. Kid has already been injured a few times this year, he doesn't need another thing going against him.

They don't.

They will if players start sueing.
Hat Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueOne wrote:
It should be noted that the seahawks didn't "File" any sort of complaint. Carroll said the field was crappy in the post game presser and the league is taking that as an official complaint. People acting like the Hawks whined are making a lot of wind about nothing.

I stand corrected. No Seattle player came out and complained about a tough field, only Pete Carroll.
darnell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Chris Clemons ( a 31 year old edge rusher facing nine months of rehab) I'm going to the PA to see if their is some sort of grievance I can file against Snyder/Fedex Field.

Spends a crapload of money on the stadium and Haynesworth but goes for the crapy cheap field and a wooden toolshed on the sidelines.
Gene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
If Washington gets a complaint, so should Chicago and Pittsburgh.
Agreed. All three should be forced to go to Grassmaster.
Gene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darnell wrote:
If I'm Chris Clemons ( a 31 year old edge rusher facing nine months of rehab) I'm going to the PA to see if their is some sort of grievance I can file against Snyder/Fedex Field.

Spends a crapload of money on the stadium and Haynesworth but goes for the crapy cheap field and a wooden toolshed on the sidelines.
It's more expensive to continually re-sod the real grass. It's not like that because of cheapness.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
The Redskins had to play on the same field, yet, the Seahawks won the game, and they're still complaining? I could understand if they lost, but they won. What a bunch of softies.

Wait, so they shouldn't bring up a serious health hazard simply because they won? Seriously?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/288375525179801601

Quote:
The #Seahawks have now lodged a complaint to @NFL about the #FedEx field that injured @RGIII and Chris Clemons' ACL

I agree that the field is poor, but nothing will come of this and it comes off as whiny. Didn't give either team an advantage and it helped in debilitating the Redskins' best player.

You agree the field is poor but don't think opponents should complain? Since it doesn't give a team an advantage nothing should be done? Things won't change unless people speak. Maybe it would have been "whiny" if the Seahawks lost, but they didn't. They are on a high from winning a playoff game. I'd listen to their complaint.
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/288375525179801601

Quote:
The #Seahawks have now lodged a complaint to @NFL about the #FedEx field that injured @RGIII and Chris Clemons' ACL

I agree that the field is poor, but nothing will come of this and it comes off as whiny. Didn't give either team an advantage and it helped in debilitating the Redskins' best player.

I don't think its about an advantage for either team, I think its just the fact that the field just isn't safe to play on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Wait, so they shouldn't bring up a serious health hazard simply because they won? Seriously?

A serious health hazard? You make it sound like guys working in a coal mine. Calling a rough/poor playing surface a serious health hazard, is an insult to the real serious health hazards of the world.

In addition, NFL officials were on hand to approve the playing surface as they do before every playoff game. I guess the NFL officials gave the green light to that "serious health hazard".
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

A serious health hazard? You make it sound like guys working in a coal mine. Calling a rough/poor playing surface a serious health hazard, is an insult to the real serious health hazards of the world.

In addition, NFL officials were on hand to approve the playing surface as they do before every playoff game. I guess the NFL officials gave the green light to that "serious health hazard".

Serious may be going a bit overboard, but this is something that can affect players careers and is easily fixable with some investment. I actuality it is serious, anything that can remove a worker from his workplace for such an extended amount of time (6+ months) is serious.

I couldn't imagine how bad the field would have to look for them to seriously consider postponing a playoff game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Serious may be going a bit overboard, but this is something that can affect players careers and is easily fixable with some investment. I actuality it is serious, anything that can remove a worker from his workplace for such an extended amount of time (6+ months) is serious.

I couldn't imagine how bad the field would have to look for them to seriously consider postponing a playoff game.

"I actuality it is serious, anything that can remove a worker from his workplace for such an extended amount of time (6+ months) is serious."

Therefore, anytime it rains during a game, and causes a playing surface to become slick, especially on turf, would that too be considered as serious? Someone could easily twist their ankle on a wet playing surface and that could cause them to miss a long length of playing time.

The same when it snows during a game. Correct?
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

"I actuality it is serious, anything that can remove a worker from his workplace for such an extended amount of time (6+ months) is serious."

Therefore, anytime it rains during a game, and causes a playing surface to become slick, especially on turf, would that too be considered as serious? Someone could easily twist their ankle on a wet playing surface and that could cause them to miss a long length of playing time.

The same when it snows during a game. Correct?

The difference is the field can be improved. No one would want all Dome stadiums, but you can mitigate the risks by improving the field...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: