Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 May have Torn ACL/PCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like Strasburg all over again, but maybe worse.

I feel for my DMV neighbors...
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think Shanahan should have pulled him, I think it would be really stupid to fine him or anything else people are suggesting.

Hope he comes back fine

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
While I think Shanahan should have pulled him, I think it would be really stupid to fine him or anything else people are suggesting.

Hope he comes back fine

Exactly. It's absurd to fine a coach or suspend him for a coaching decision. It's his decision not the commisioner's or the NFLs. The commisioner has his nose in enough of things. To even suggest that something needs to be done about this is ridiculous.

Shanahan made a dumb decision to leave him in there. He should get ridiculed but nothing more than that.

I absolutely enjoyed watching him play in his rookie season and hopefully, whatever the injury is, we can see him back on the field making spectacular plays as soon as possible.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Unreal.... I didn't even like the Shannahan was allowing RG3 to take all those unnecessary hits early in the season and all the designed runs.

He isn't that big of a guy, he should only run when he has too.

How ridiculous, this is probably the most exicted the Redskins fan base has been in over 20 years and they don't protect their investment.

vikingsrule wrote:
Perhaps this injury might actually be a blessing and might finally wake up both Shanahan and Griffin that this option/running stuff simply is too risky in the NFL for a franchise QB to be a part of.

None of Griffin's injuries have been because of designed runs.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
RGIII will be ok. But I hope this is a lesson to Shanahan and co. Develop him as a pocket passer so his career doesn't go the way of Daunte Culpepper's.

His mobility makes him what he is. That's like asking Nolan Ryan to be an off speed pitcher.

No, it doesn't. His mobility is a huge benefit but RGIII has all the passing ability to be great at it. Just needs development.

It's not at all comparable to baseball. So lets not make irrelevant comparisons.
I think he's referring to Ryan being a guy that threw every pitch as hard as he could, also the guy that tried to No-hit the opponent in every single game.

I understood the comparison. It wasn't relevant and it wasn't comparable. It's apples to oranges.

bulger2holt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
RGIII will be ok. But I hope this is a lesson to Shanahan and co. Develop him as a pocket passer so his career doesn't go the way of Daunte Culpepper's.

His mobility makes him what he is. That's like asking Nolan Ryan to be an off speed pitcher.

No, it doesn't. His mobility is a huge benefit but RGIII has all the passing ability to be great at it. Just needs development.

It's not at all comparable to baseball. So lets not make irrelevant comparisons.

Defenses not knowing what to expect helps his passing game. If he was primarily a pocket passer, they would scheme for that.

Great. Which is why you develop him into a great pocket passer. Then when defenses scheme for that, he beats them anyways. Plus, he can still use his legs when necessary to escape or run when a seam is present. You know...like that guy Rodgers does.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
I don't care. He will be fine.

Guys, he said the same thing about AP and look what AP did

RGIII will throw for 4500 and score 45 total TDs next year

And Welker.
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:
panther dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think the NFL can step out of their boundaries again to fine him, bad idea it'd bring more negative PR for Goodell and co.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard this was a rumor?
coors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When thinking about it, I wonder if the ACL and PCL had already been sustained before this last game against the Seahawks, or the tears happened either from the TD play in I believe it was still the 1st quarter when he initially appeared to reinjure himself, or if it came in the 4th on the terrible snap play where his knee seemed to have caved in, which turned out to be his last play in the game. I wonder..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny how people gave Cutler crap for his knee injury in the NFC championship game. It shows how a knee sprain has the chance to develop into a career-threatening injury if you continue playing on it.

Either way, I think this was only a decision for RG3 to make. Dr. Andrews is responsible for keeping RG3 physically healthy during his career and Shanahan has the duty to ask RG3 if he can continue playing. Clearly RG3 wanted to play and nothing was going to stop him. In the end, his injury just became worse as he kept playing on his already damaged knee. He'll be back when he's healthy and he'll continue playing at a good level. But no one can guarantee how well that knee will hold up for the rest of his career.

You can't blame anyone but RG3. I admire his will to win under any circumstances but with that came a huge risk, and we saw what happened. I wish him a fast and speedy recovery.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
This situation will probably be investigated by the NFL, it's obvious right no one knows whats going on.

The team doctor didn't do his job correctly and should be fired, Shanahan probably will be fined for taking an unnecessary risk, but that's it, he didn't actually do anything wrong.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/06/mike-shanahan-addresses-robert-griffin-iii-knee-injury/1812693/

"Coach Shanahan would never put him back in unhealthy or without asking us." - doctor who is saying he never cleared Griffin to go back in.

Seems the doctor did not tell Shanahan that Griffin wasn't okay to go back in, he just kept to himself on the sidelines.
Griffin, who is also at fault, refused to let the trainers look at him, and the head doctor dude pretty much just accepted that and didn't examine him.

I think Shanahan doesn't deserve the blame people want to give him, it seemed he was very uninformed on this situation because of an incompetent doctor, though I think he should be fined for taking an unnecessary risk. He knew Griffin already had a knee injury, and now has another injury on top of that, there is no reason to put him back in the game.
That incompetent Doc is the world's best orthopedic surgeon and the THE GUY TO SEE FOR SPORTS INJURIES, Dr. James Andrews. Dr. Andrews has already told us that Mike Shanahan lied when he said that he had cleared RG3 to return to the Cleveland game. That doc told us he never cleared RG3 b/c he never examined RG3.

Those wanting to absolve Mike Shanahan of the blame lets look at the track record here

he puts Terrell Davis back in the SuperBowl AFTER Davis has told him he is having such a severe migraine he can not see

he puts RG3 back in the game AFTER RG3 suffers a concussion later lies about it

he puts RG3 back in the game AFTER he suffers a grade 1 sprain w/o consulting the medical staff.

he leaves RG3 in the game AFTER he reaggrivates the previous injury, is slow to get up and limping back to the huddle

he leaves RG3 in the game AFTER its clear that RG3 can not protect himself at all, can't plant to throw, can't move, he's literally a sitting target. Meanwhile his son calls only 3 run plays in the 3rd quarter.

Please oh please defend that.

I'm not defending what Shanahan did, I'm just saying the doctor was being incompetent and Shanahan didn't do anything as insane as people are claiming.

People literally think the doctor said "No don't put him in, his leg is in shreds" and Shanahan still put him in and lied about it, which is not what happened.

I don't care how good the doctor is, he didn't do his job. His job isn't just to examine the players, but is to relay what happened and give appropriate advice. How are you going to defend that... He gets paid to examine players and make sure they are safe during game, yet he pretty much let Griffin walk all over him, and then, just tells Shanahan "Yeah he's okay to go" without saying anything about Griffin refusing to get examined and that he believed Griffin should not have returned to the game.

The doctor was sure Griffin would have been injured if he went back in, and he didn't say anything. Sure he's a great doctor, but that is not acceptable anywhere.
Tully305

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
I don't care. He will be fine.

Guys, he said the same thing about AP and look what AP did

RGIII will throw for 4500 and score 45 total TDs next year

And Welker.

This would be his second tear, No?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Rivers2GatesTD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers played on a torn ACL...

just sayin
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO RG3 needs to be put in a different category. He is a top 5 talent in the game, in his first year, and his team gave up a TON to even get him. His health shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

Yea, even if it means putting your backup in for the playoff game. Its 1 game. Ruin RG3's career and it will be harder to get back to that spot.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: