Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Between classes mock from SLF
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Between classes mock from SLF Reply with quote

Okay, it was between classes when I started. But anywho.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Star Lotuleilei DT Utah
I see the Chiefs signing a guy like Alex Smith and waiting until the 2nd round to take their guy, because I cant see Andy Reid reaching for a QB this early when he has a reputation for making average QBs look really good. So, they go BPA, and take Star, who could be paired with Poe to make a very formidable D-line. We all know Andy Reid loves to draft good defensive linemen.

TRADE!!!
Arizona trades their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick to the Jags for their 1st pick

2. Arizona Cardinals - Geno Smith QB West Virginia
The Cards sacrifice the first part of their draft to get the QB that they desperately need. They are a team that is in position to win now, but they need to get a franchise QB. With the Chiefs passing on Smith, the Cards take the opportunity to move up and grab their QB.

3. Oakland Raiders - Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
The Raiders would like to trade down, but there arent the quality of prospects available to intice a team. They could go BPA, but since they dont have a 2nd round pick, I see them reaching to help their defense. Moore is probably the 2nd best defender on the board next to Jarvis Jones, and he fills the Raiders biggest need.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
The Eagles are another candidate team to move down, but I think they stay put and draft one of the two blue-chip prospects in this draft. They lost Peters and Herremans to serious injuries last year, and they are both 30. With how bad their line was last year, they cant expect either to come back and be their former selves. Joeckel gives the Eagles an anchor at LT for the next 15 years.

TRADE!!
Buffalo trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Lions for their 1st pick

5. Buffalo Bills - Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
The Bills move up to get their franchise QB, which is exactly what Buddy Nix said he wanted to do. They dont want to wait and get the last QB, so they move up to ensure the Browns dont take their guy or someone moves ahead of them and leaves them with nothing. I dont think the hiring of Marrone means, or even indicates, that the Bills will wait until later in the draft to take Nassib. Nix is still running the show, there.

6. Cleveland Browns - Mike Glennon QB NC State
The Browns reach here to get their QB. The new regime, whomever they are, will want their QB, as Weeden and McCoy are clearly not going to cut it. Glennon needs to sit, so that gives Weeden another year, but Glennon is the long-term solution at QB for the Browns. He can be a very very good franchise QB, and that would make the Browns perrenial playoff contenders.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
The Jags could take Werner at #2, so this trade works out beautifully for them. Werner fills a big need at DE (seems like that has always been a big need for them) and has the added benefit of playing his college ball in Florida.

8. Detroit Lions - Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
Lions DC Gunther Cunningham called for playmakers on defense, so the Lions get him the top defensive playmaker in the draft. Te'o is exactly what the Lions need on defense; a leader, and a playmaker. Since the Lions will be losing one of their two starting LBs, so Te'o will be able to fill one of those spots right away.

9. New York Jets - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
The Jets get the best player, talent-wise, in the draft. The reason he fell is because he is probably only good for 5 or 6 years of good football because of his spinal condition. The Jets will be in win-now mode, so Jones makes perfect sense for them.

TRADE!!!
Pittsburgh trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Titans for their 1st and 5th round picks

10. Pittsburgh Steelers - Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
The Steelers move up to select a guy they think can be at the core of their defense as they retool it. With James Harrison getting old and being unable to stay healthy, they get their man in Mingo, who can be an elite 3-4 OLB.

11. San Diego Chargers - Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
The Chargers get a steal here in Lewan, who is a top 10 prospect. The Chargers have a giant, gaping hole at LT, and will assuredly go with one of the top 3 LTs in the draft in they dont sign someone in FA.

12. Miami Dolphins - Dion Jordan DE Oregon
The Dolphins are looking to add playmakers on defense, and Dion Jordan fits that description. He still needs to fill out, but the guy is as athletic and versitale as they come. He is a perfect fit in the 3-4 as an OLB. Think Adalius Thomas, but taller.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
Rhodes will be a late riser, but he has everything you look for in a corner. Measurables, and game tape. He has Nnamdi Asomugha written all over him. The Bucs need a CB really bad, and Rhodes is a slightly better fit than Millner.

14. Carolina Panthers - Dee Millner CB Alabama
The Panthers are giddy to have Millner fall to them here. Many view Millner as a top 10 caliber pick, so the Panthers get him at a bargain. He also fills one of their biggest needs.

15. New Orleans Saints - Ezekhial Ansah DE BYU
The Saints need a dominant DE to fit with their prolific offense, because teams have been torching the Saints secondary while they keep up. Ansah has huge potential, and is getting JPP comparisons.

TRADE!!!
Chicago trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Rams for their 1st and 3rd round picks.

16. Chicago Bears - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
The Bears move up a bit to ensure they get the LT they desperately need. If Fisher went to a BCS school, he would go top 10 no question, IMO. The Bears biggest flaw is their O-line, so adding Fisher helps a big area of weakness.

17. Tennessee Titans - Jonathon Hankins DT Ohio State
The Titans moved down to get better value on Hankins, who fills a big need at DT. Adding Hankins to the D-line gives them a complete D-line.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathon Jenkins DT Georgia
Back to back big DTs named Jonathon. The Cowboys want to add a big NT, and they dont get much bigger than Jenkins. Adding Jenkins kills two birds with one stone, as Jay Ratliff gets to finally move to DE, where he is a better fit in the Ryan defense.

19. New York Giants - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Three straight DTs off the board. The Giants have prided themselves on having a dreat D-line, but they lacked much from the interior. Richardson broke out last year in college, and the Giants hope he can carry that over to the pros.

20. St. Louis Rams - Chance Warmack G Alabama
The Rams moved back to get better value on the Warmack, who will be the best guard in the game shortly.

21. Cincinatti Bengals - Keenan Allen WR Cal
Mohamed Sanu played well last year, but got hurt. The Bengals are going to want to add options outside of AJ Green and make their offense even more prolific.

22. St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
Justin Hunter or Terrance Williams would be safer options here, but the Rams will be looking for a dynamic #1 receiver. Patterson has the highest ceiling of all the WR prospects, so the Rams take the chance on him in hopes that he can become elite.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
The run on WRs continues, as the Vikings take Hunter in hopes of giving Ponder a legitimate WR to throw to.

TRADE!!!!
Atlanta trades their 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks to Indy for their 1st and 7th round picks

24. Atlanta Falcons - Sam Montgomery DE LSU
With the deep DE class, Montgomery falls through the cracks. The Falcons take the opportunity to jump up and take him, hoping he will give them what Ray Edwards was supposed to.

25. Baltimore Ravens - Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
The Ravens will have to find a replacement to Rey Lewis. Adding Ogeltree to the mix gives them a better chance of finding that replacement.

26. Seattle Seahawks - Terrance Williams WR Baylor
The Seahawks go BPA here with Williams. They dont need a WR, but it never hurt to add a big play WR to the mix.

TRADE!!!
Philadelphia trades their 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks to the Texans for their 1st and 7th round picks

27. Philadelphia Eagles - Matt Elam S Florida
The Eagles move up to ensure they get their playmaker in the secondary. Elam isnt the biggest, but he busted out this year for Florida as an elite safety.

28. San Fransisco 49ers - Jonathon Banks CB Mississippi State
The 49ers CBs have been exposed recently, so they will look to get a new starter through the draft. I think Banks could be a star for the 49ers.

29. New England Patriots - Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
Last time the Pats went with a CB from Rutgers, it worked well, at first. They go back there again, hoping Ryan can be a long-term fix at CB.

30. Indianapolis Colts - Jonathon Cooper G North Carolina
The Colts are weak all along the offensive line aside from LT. Cooper has played great this season, he could be dominant for the Colts.

TRADE!!!
Kansas City trades their 1st and 4th round picks to the Packers for their 1st and 6th round picks

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Barkely QB USC
The Chiefs jump the Jags to ensure they get their guy. Barkley is a good fit for Reid's offense at QB, and can compete with whomever they bring in at QB for the starting spot.

32. Denver Broncos - Kawaan Short DT Purdue
Short falls because of the quality DTs ahead of him, so the eventual champs get a steal here.

ROUND DEUX

TRADE!!!
Miami trades their 2nd and early 3rd round picks to the Jags for their 2nd round pick

33. Miami Dolphins - Justin Pugh OT Syracuse
Pugh is a bit under the radar, but looks like an NFL caliber LT who was coached by an NFL coach. He can fill the Dolphins big hole at LT (once Long signs elsewhere).

34. Green Bay Packers - Giovanni Bernard RB North Carolina
The Packers moved down ot get a bit better on the top RB in the draft. They had injuries at RB all year, so they add a fresh back from college to remedy the issue.

35. Houston Texans - Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson
Hopkins may have been the best WR in college last year, so the Texans get a steal here. Thanks to a bunch of WRs in the 20-30 range, Hopkins falls through the cracks.

36. Detroit Lions - Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
The Lions continue adding playmakers, this time on offense. With Best likely retiring, the Lions will be looking for another weapon.

37. Cincinatti Bengals - Alex Okafer DE Texas
The Bengals will likely lose Michael Johnson in the offseason, so they will need to draft a DE to take his spot.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
The Jags will have a very open QB competition this year, so logically, they should add a rookie to the mix.

39. New York Jets - Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
The Jets dont have much going for them at RB, and if they want Mark Sanchez to be worth any of his contract, they will need to build a better run game.

40. Tennessee Titans - Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
The Titans are weak at CB, and will be hoping to get a starter there in this draft.

41. Detroit Lions - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
The Lions biggest weakness is probably at safety. With injuries and players just being no good, the corners have been burned more.

42. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
The Jags go BPA here, adding Eifert, who is going to be a dominate TE in the NFL.

TRADE!!!
The New York Giants trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks to the Panthers for their 2nd round pick

43. New York Giants - Kevin Minter ILB LSU
The Giants move up to get Minter, who I think can be a pro-bowler. They need an ILB pretty bad, so its a good fit here.

44. San Diego Chargers - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
The Chargers continue rebuilding around Philip Rivers. They could use another WR, and Rogers has first round talent.

45. St. Louis Rams - Eric Reid S LSU
The Rams now look to the defense, where they have a couple of big needs. S is a big one, and Reid could challenge for the start.

46. Dallas Cowboys - Dallas Thomas G Tennessee
The Cowboys need a guard, and Thomas played great against SEC defenders.

47. Tennessee Titans - Barrett Jones OL Alabama
The Titans still struggle with interior blocking, so they add Jones, who can play any position.

48. Carolina Panthers - Shariff Floyd DT Florida
The Panthers are weak in the middle of the D-line, so they grab a DT who can make an impact.

49. St. Louis Rams - Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
The Rams were really weak at OLB, and are going to be looking for a starter there.

50. Washington Redskins - Robert Woods WR USC
The Redskins start off the draft by adding the RGIII's weapon arsenal. Woods could have been a top 20 pick, so this could be a steal.

TRADE!!!
Oakland trades their 3rd round pick and a 2nd round next year to the Vikings for their 2nd round pick

51. Oakland Raiders - Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
The Raiders move up to get their QB. Though Pryor shows promise, he is far from a sure thing. Adding Bray to the mix just increases their chances of getting that elusive franchise QB.

52. Cincinatti Bengals - Larry Warford G Kentucky
The Bengals bolster their offensive line by adding the big and agile Warford. He could have gone higher if he played on a good team.

53. Miami Dolphins - Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas
The Dolphins need to add a good WR for Tannehill to throw to, because right now he doesnt have much.

54. Baltimore Ravens - Robert Lester S Alabama
With Ed Reed making it seem like he will retire soon, the Ravens will want to try and develop a safety behind him.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Margus Hunt DE SMU
The Hawks go BPA here, adding Hunt, who could be a great player.

56. Houston Texans - Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
The Texans look to make their defensive line better, adding Williams, who could play NT in Wade Phillips' defense.

57. San Fransisco 49ers - William Gholston DE Michigan State
The 49ers make a pick based on potential with Gholston, who is great against the run, but questionable in getting to the QB. The 3-4 is a good fit for him.

58. New England Patriots - Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
The Pats are going to be looking to add a downfield threat.

59. Atlanta Falcons - Brennan Williams OT North Carolina
Sam Baker can always be upgraded.

60. Green Bay Packers - Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
The Packers bolster their OLB corps.

61. Denver Broncos - David Amerson CB NC State
The Broncos make a pick based on potential. Amerson may have to move to safety, but there is no denying his physical ability.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Panthers. Milner and Floyd plus acquiring another draft pick makes this about as perfect as it can be

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were friends.

No way Buffalo trades both 1st and 2nd to move up 3 spots. Also no way Buffalo trades up for Tyler Wilson when he can probably be had at #8. Also no way Buffalo trades up when Manti Te'o is still on the board.

Bad friend is bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not see the Cards making that Trade but it could happen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the effort. Any mock draft with proposed trades is a pleasure to read any day.

As for the Patriots draft... I would be pretty upset with this one. A borderline mid-2nd round cb in the 1st round (not to mention he is from Rutgers, and while I like McCourty, he seems to be a bust at CB) would make me uneasy. I have not seen a lot of his tape, so I will have to review as Rutgers is a "talent" feeder to the Patriots. Maybe my opinion will change on him after the combine, pro day, tape review.

As for Swope. I like him, but not in the second round. We need a better option than him in my book. He is a third rounder at best, and any team that takes him higher is over drafting him, IMO. Again, post workout numbers may sway me. He just looks like a slot guy right now at 6'0 205 lbs. But we'll see what speed numbers he puts up.

To be honest, I see the patriots trading out of the first round. This is a prime year for it. All the elite prospects at positions of need for them (CB, S, DL, OL, WR) will be gone, and there is decent depth at those positions in the draft. Combine that with their lack of picks from all their trades, and I think they will be definitely looking for a trade back for more picks, if not more than one trade back.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

No way Buffalo trades both 1st and 2nd to move up 3 spots. Also no way Buffalo trades up for Tyler Wilson when he can probably be had at #8. Also no way Buffalo trades up when Manti Te'o is still on the board.

Bad friend is bad.

Yeah, I'd stay put at #8 and take Te'o.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So close. So, so close. You hit 2 of my favorite targets for the Lions. If you switched out Te'o with Ansah, I'd love you.

R.I.P. Stylish
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Bad friend is bad.

Well, with the Browns and Jags right in front of them, I would say moving up would be the logical thing if they were to want either Wilson or Glennon. I think its possible they wait for a guy like Nassib , but with Buddy Nix at GM, and what he has said an implied, I think this is the route they go, for now.

I could also see them trading up with either the Raiders or Eagles.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible for the Browns. New regime does not automatically equal new QB. If there was a legit 1st round prospect at QB it would be plausible. If the new regime comes in and reaches for a QB , they would be setting themselves up for failure.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible eagles pick. We don't need a left tackle and no other position on the Oline warrants such a high selection.

Also trading up is never smart. So totally against Elam as well.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Bad friend is bad.

Well, with the Browns and Jags right in front of them, I would say moving up would be the logical thing if they were to want either Wilson or Glennon. I think its possible they wait for a guy like Nassib , but with Buddy Nix at GM, and what he has said an implied, I think this is the route they go, for now.

When Buddy Nix stated that he would be okay with trading up, I think he meant trading back in to the 1st. IMO there is no QB worth trading up in the top 10. If we took Te'o then traded back into the 1st to get Barkley or Wilson I would be really happy with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're not close to signing Sean Smith, we can't pass on Milliner.
The dolphins will most likely make a trade but if its to move up, i don't know if it's for a tackle. Instead it'd be for A reciever like T. Williams, Woods, Austin, Hopkins and hopefully have L.Johnson fall to our second 2nd round pick to play tackle.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Bad friend is bad.

Doubtful Buffalo deals a 2nd for Tyler Wilson.. If anything they trade a 2nd/ 2014 2nd and move back into 1st to reach for Nassib
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible for Pittsburgh. We're trading up to 10 and giving up a 2nd for a guy that would have been there at #17 anyway? We do this, then miss on either Barrett Jones or Robert Lester in the 2nd.

Makes no sense for Pittsburgh.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen I could live with, although it's not a need.

Quote:
The Bengals will likely lose Michael Johnson in the offseason

Why? He wants to come back, and the Bengals have a TON of cap room. That said, that's not a bad pick.

Guard is not an early need. We need a late round backup T/G, not a starter.
Lester or Thomas fill bigger needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: