Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Between classes mock from SLF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I thought we were friends.

No way Buffalo trades both 1st and 2nd to move up 3 spots. Also no way Buffalo trades up for Tyler Wilson when he can probably be had at #8. Also no way Buffalo trades up when Manti Te'o is still on the board.

Bad friend is bad.

Yeah, I'd stay put at #8 and take Te'o.

Well, with the Browns and Jags right in front of them, I would say moving up would be the logical thing if they were to want either Wilson or Glennon. I think its possible they wait for a guy like Nassib , but with Buddy Nix at GM, and what he has said an implied, I think this is the route they go, for now.

I could also see them trading up with either the Raiders or Eagles.
When Buddy Nix stated that he would be okay with trading up, I think he meant trading back in to the 1st. IMO there is no QB worth trading up in the top 10. If we took Te'o then traded back into the 1st to get Barkley or Wilson I would be really happy with that.

I dont really see how you could make an argument either way.

My mocks arent meant to make the fans happy. People tend to comment on mocks stating whether they like their teams pick or not, not if its realistic or not. Its frustrating.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Ogletree and Vaccro with our top 2 picks

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I really do not see the Cards making that Trade but it could happen

Gonna cost much more than a 1st 2nd n 3rd.... look at RGIII trade last year.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
steelers75

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

i would puke if the steelers made that trade. absolutely horrible.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this you have the worst Falcons draft on the boards right now.

It's not because the trade up i can live with that. It's because you traded up for a DE that could easily fall to us at our pick and their are tons of D-lineman still around at that pick we can take thats just as good as Montgomery. I actually like montgomery but not for trading up for.

The only 4 players at DE i could deal with trading up for would be Jarvis jones, Dion Jordan, Werner, Mingo or maybe Ansash and thats a maybe. Montgomery or Okafer not a chance.

Okafer at 32 compared to Montgomery giving 3 picks for isn't even a discussion.

Then you actually try to get rid of the best O-lineman we had this year in Baker that just doesn't make sense to me at all. Baker should be kept now that he is healthy.

I could see taking a RG to move Konz to center to replace Mcclure but even that isn't as big a need as RB, TE, or to me DT since Jerry will be gone and hasn't stepped up like Baker has.

you could have even looked at ogletree based on talent and value over montgomery and i wouldn't have disliked it as much.

here is a better draft for the falcons based on who you have going at our original picks.

1st - Barrett Jones - OG or Alex Okafer DE

2nd - Chase Thomas LB/DE
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the Steelers definitely have a need for an OLB pass rusher but I wouldn't want them to trade up and give up a valuable second rounder. The team has too many holes right now. I actually like Mingo for the Steelers in the first on some mocks but not enough to trade up for.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Saints pick!

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the Steelers making that trade. They need to much to give up there second for a guy that might be there at 17.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Vikings mock, trading out of round two with as many remaining needs is a bit of a bummer, picking up an extra second next year and getting a third this year, not that bad.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta wouldn't trade up for or even take Sam Montgomery. They don't take players with poor work ethics in the first place and Monty is lazy.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the rest of the Steeler fans on here. No need for a trade up, we need our 2nd rd pick.

Also, I love the Browns pick! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Go Noles!
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I thought we were friends.

No way Buffalo trades both 1st and 2nd to move up 3 spots. Also no way Buffalo trades up for Tyler Wilson when he can probably be had at #8. Also no way Buffalo trades up when Manti Te'o is still on the board.

Bad friend is bad.

Yeah, I'd stay put at #8 and take Te'o.

Well, with the Browns and Jags right in front of them, I would say moving up would be the logical thing if they were to want either Wilson or Glennon. I think its possible they wait for a guy like Nassib , but with Buddy Nix at GM, and what he has said an implied, I think this is the route they go, for now.

I could also see them trading up with either the Raiders or Eagles.
When Buddy Nix stated that he would be okay with trading up, I think he meant trading back in to the 1st. IMO there is no QB worth trading up in the top 10. If we took Te'o then traded back into the 1st to get Barkley or Wilson I would be really happy with that.

I dont really see how you could make an argument either way.

My mocks arent meant to make the fans happy. People tend to comment on mocks stating whether they like their teams pick or not, not if its realistic or not. Its frustrating.

Yes, but here's Buddy Nix's exact quote, because there's a lot of confusion around it.

Quote:
"Let me say this: I think there's a time that in the era that you're in and the development of your team, there's a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback," Nix said. "And I think the time's now for us.

Moving up a round to me implies he's aiming to trade back into the first to get a QB. Going from 8 to 5 is not moving up a round.
Stephen Tremp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Love The Trade Scenarios! Reply with quote

I think we'll see a lot of them this draft. Since the Lions do not have a 4th round pick I'd like to see them trade down (not too much) and pick up a additional pick.

No WRs though. I'd take whatever DE end drops into the second round and take him over the WR.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

It's not because the trade up i can live with that. It's because you traded up for a DE that could easily fall to us at our pick and their are tons of D-lineman still around at that pick we can take thats just as good as Montgomery. I actually like montgomery but not for trading up for.

The only 4 players at DE i could deal with trading up for would be Jarvis jones, Dion Jordan, Werner, Mingo or maybe Ansash and thats a maybe. Montgomery or Okafer not a chance.

Then you actually try to get rid of the best O-lineman we had this year in Baker that just doesn't make sense to me at all. Baker should be kept now that he is healthy.

I could see taking a RG to move Konz to center to replace Mcclure but even that isn't as big a need as RB, TE, or to me DT since Jerry will be gone and hasn't stepped up like Baker has.

you could have even looked at ogletree based on talent and value over montgomery and i wouldn't have disliked it as much.

here is a better draft for the falcons based on who you have going at our original picks.

2nd - Chase Thomas LB/DE

To be fair, I had no idea what the Falcons' needs are. I went to your forum, but it didnt help. So I winged it.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

2nd - Chase Thomas LB/DE

To be fair, I had no idea what the Falcons' needs are. I went to your forum, but it didnt help. So I winged it.

Got that i understand you can't know every team bro Smile

Here is the list of our needs.

DE - Biggest priority to me

DT - Need a good run stuffer and preferably a bigger guy who can also do a 3-4 NT spot if possible when we switch to it on some plays under nolans versatile schemes. John Jenkins type of guy maybe?

RB - Turner is done and we need a new guy to tandem with Quizz. Alot of good 2nd to 4th round backs this year we could look at. Gio, Randle, Gillislee, Taylor, Lattimore are my top 5 prob. But i can understand Lacy, Ball, Bell etc... if someone likes them better. I just think the 1st 5 fit our scheme better. Love Ellington as a RB not sure he is big enough to carry a team though.

TE - 2nd to 4th round TE is the way to go this draft as well. Eifert isn't much better than Ertz, C.J. , Reed, or Fauria. This class is weak and should not be touched in the 1st round at TE to me when the D-line class for our other 2 needs are so strong at the top compared to RB and TE.

OG - Konz isn't strong enough to play RG in this league and would be a elite Center imo. We could look to take a strong OG thats a mauler like a Barrett Jones or someone a bit later since we got Reynolds. This to me is a position we take early for a direct upgrade if the other position up there aren't there for value or we take one way late as a diamond in the rough type guy to work on and let Garrett Reynolds have it for a year or so.

LB - We could use another LB or S tweener type of guy to play in our big nickle package for sure. Maybe even a guy to push dent at mlb like ogletree or replace him and have dent as a nice depth player. This could be adressed later or earlier with a guylike Chase Thomas who could do LB and DE like Biermann does for us already.

WR - We could probably use a 3rd WR pushing Douglas to 4th. Won't kill us if we don't get one but if the value is there in the mid rounds for a guy who has tons of upside and potential i can see giving it a go.

CB and S - This would be for depth position only as we are loaded with starting players here.

There ya go boss thats our biggest needs and pretty close to the order i could see them going in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: