Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFLPA to investigate Fed Ex Field safety issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Chances the league takes your cap space?
what cap space? They already did that

They can always take more
doubt it. They're not taking more and from what I've heard we have little chance of getting our 18 million back. Expect the status quo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Well if the district is able to pony up some dough for it, I could see Snyder entertaining the idea. Especially if we are having more winning seasons than losing ones.

And if you look at the design of RFK, the roof was supposed to do what the roof in Seattle does, bounce the sound back to the field. But the circular design was nor quite the right configuration.

If we have a half dome, with slight retraction, we could bring a Superbowl to DC and still have the sound factor with having the closeness to the field. Limit seating to about 70k.

I remember the feeling of really being able to connect with the players from RFK, where at Fed Ex, I feel like I am going to a Sea World show.

@turtle, I am not sure on the lease. I figured the team owned it, and Snyder mentioned about a year ago that he spent a lot of money to upgrade the stadium on the inside and make it a more enjoyable fan experience. Which is what he calls "prcatically a brand new stadium with the upgrades that were done".

Well apparently, those upgrades included nothing about the field.

The Redskins need their own stadium. Just like the Nats. Just like the UNited, just like the Caps, just like the Orioles, just like the Ravens.

Of all the teams that have actually one something, the Redskins are the only ones that have to share their time with other events at their stadium.
they don't have other events at Verizon center thats not true and I find that hard to believe that they dont have concerts at M&T Bank?

I know they play some other games there. They play the Maryland High School football playoffs there. They also sometimes will have a special game like a navy game or something there.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gameday/mt-bank-stadium/special-events.html

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Face-Off Classic
(Colgate/Navy 2pm, UVA/JHU 4:30pm)

More Information
Saturday, June 8, 2013

Monster Jam

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Maryland vs. West Virginia Football

Saturday, May 24-Monday, May 26, 2014

NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships

Labor Day Weekend (day TBD), 2014

Navy vs. Ohio State Football

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Army vs. Navy Football

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Army vs. Navy Football

What's the difference?? Oh I know! They have FIELD TURF Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: