Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Name David Caldwell General Manager - No To Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
In his presser, just now, Caldwell said, "I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguar." He followed it up by repeating himself after a reporter ask. He then said, "Yes, even if released."

Was he talking about Gabbert?

Tim Tebow

Greg Roman/Alex Smith on their way to Jacksonville imo
I wouldn't be against this if we used it as a chance to develop our own Kaepernick.

LOL this amazes me. Jacksonville fans at least on this site absolutely loathe Tebow as a QB, yet sure no problem sign up for Alex Smith

Alex Smith was considered a total bust his first 5-6 years in the league

He didn't accomplish even close to what Tebow accomplished last year in his first few years in the league. And was absolutely dreadful to start his career with like 1 TD to 11 INTs

Yet it was possible for Smith to turn around but Tebow has peaked in his 1st year as a starter
JDJaguar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
iPwn wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
In his presser, just now, Caldwell said, "I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguar." He followed it up by repeating himself after a reporter ask. He then said, "Yes, even if released."

Tim Tebow

I wouldn't be against this if we used it as a chance to develop our own Kaepernick.

LOL this amazes me. Jacksonville fans at least on this site absolutely loathe Tebow as a QB, yet sure no problem sign up for Alex Smith

He didn't accomplish even close to what Tebow accomplished last year in his first few years in the league. And was absolutely dreadful to start his career with like 1 TD to 11 INTs

Yet it was possible for Smith to turn around but Tebow has peaked in his 1st year as a starter

What's your opinion on Gabbert, then?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow to CFL?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Tebow to CFL?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510457
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
iPwn wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Tim Tebow

What does Alex Smith 5-6 years ago have to do with Alex Smith now? Alex Smith is now a serviceable QB that could work well with the offensive scheme that we would be running if we landed Greg Roman. Alex Smith is a QB that another QB can sit behind for a year or two and learn from. Alex Smith doesn't bring a media circus with him. Tebow brings none of these things.

Tebow to Jacksonville is done. Let it go, man. It's over.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammm Atlanta is a factory for GM's.

Billa Devaney-- Hit on his early rounds but sucked so bad at the later ones.

Les Snead who is a god in Stlouis. Dude had a monster draft.

Now this guy Laughing Laughing

Good job ATL! Home Depot FTW!

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see him address the Tebow circus right away. Now that won't be a distraction to him and the team in the offseason.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Good to see him address the Tebow circus right away. Now that won't be a distraction to him and the team in the offseason.

sadly people here and elsewhere will say that we should still bring him in Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

sadly people here and elsewhere will say that we should still bring him in Rolling Eyes

Beggars can't be choosers.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Considering we've already said no, it looks like we can be choosers.

- Best since day one -
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
x0x wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Considering we've already said no, it looks like we can be choosers.

But if we don't get him it means we are moving to LA!

#JDI
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

What does Alex Smith 5-6 years ago have to do with Alex Smith now? Alex Smith is now a serviceable QB that could work well with the offensive scheme that we would be running if we landed Greg Roman. Alex Smith is a QB that another QB can sit behind for a year or two and learn from. Alex Smith doesn't bring a media circus with him. Tebow brings none of these things.

Tebow with Greg Roman makes far more sense than Alex Smith especially with implementation of the pistol offense

I brought up Alex Smith comparison because somehow Alex Smith is a guy who can make drastic improvement in his production after 4-5 years of atrocious play. But Tebow can never improve after ONE year as a starter, in a year he led a team to a playoff victory at that

BTW, you can't believe anything a front office person says right now

Same front office speak had Tebow as the Broncos starting QB going into this past season with Elway allegedly working with him in the off-season
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Tebow with Greg Roman makes far more sense than Alex Smith especially with implementation of the pistol offense

I brought up Alex Smith comparison because somehow Alex Smith is a guy who can make drastic improvement in his production after 4-5 years of atrocious play. But Tebow can never improve after ONE year as a starter, in a year he led a team to a playoff victory at that

BTW, you can't believe anything a front office person says right now

Same front office speak had Tebow as the Broncos starting QB going into this past season with Elway allegedly working with him in the off-season

Clearly front offices agree with me. *shrug*

As I said, it's done. Time to move on, man. He's not coming to Jacksonville.

- Best since day one -
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Clearly front offices agree with me. *shrug*

As I said, it's done. Time to move on, man. He's not coming to Jacksonville.

I hate to belabor the point, but when I heard the actual audio it didn't seem as clear-cut as what you (and every other Jags fan) make it sound. Caldwell's first comment right after the question is, "He's a New York Jet" which is code for, "Hey media - I'm not a moron. I'm not going to talk about someone who is under contract on another team." He does go on to say he can't envision a scenario, which is also easy to dismiss in the future - "Hey, who knew he'd be cut and we could have him for nothing?" Then, he throws in the "even if he's released" comment which is at least a little more definitive, but the other option ("Yeah, we'd take a look at him if he was released.") could be considered tampering. So it makes perfect sense why he tried to sound definitive.

Until I hear something from Khan himself, I don't think this story goes away. He's the guy with the money. He's the guy who knows how attendance would be affected with Tebow on the team. I understand Jags fans not wanting the circus to come to town, but it remains to be seen how long Khan can turn down the revenue and excitement that would surely follow for a majority of his fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

I had dreams, man. Things happened you wouldn't believe. It could have been so great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: