You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan has been fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrILL!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Rob Ryan be trollin'! Laughing

@AdamSchefter wrote:
RT @espn_macmahon Rob Ryan confirms he's fired. "I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes," he said.

Got trolled even harder by Rome tho:

@jimrome wrote:
It's been like, 30 minutes. Why hasn't anyone hired Rob Ryan yet?

Laughing

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention but I have yet to see what hes done outside of having the last name Ryan to justify being considering anything but a generic/nondescript/mediocre DC.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Imagine he came to Buffalo and played Rex twice a year ! We don't play 3/4 tho

Rob likes the 3-4, but that isn't the only defense he's ever used, with the Raiders he used a 4-3 front.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty overrated DC. I never got the hype when he was at Cleveland and he hasn't been very good with Dallas. And his main issue is shown by his comments following his firing - someone who is stubborn who won't admit fault.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move for Dallas.

Overrated due to his big mouth and surname.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently if a team doesn't have the 2000 Ravens defense then their players have no talent and the DC should be fired.

Rob Ryan was not the problem. Romo can't consistently look after the ball and the O-line just cannot create running lanes.

The O-Line needs an infusion of talent (or hell, just a Centre that can execute a shotgun snap that doesn't roll along the floor or fly above the head of the QB....) Livings, Costa (I think), Bernadaeu are pushing average but are never going to create holes for Murray and Jones and stop interior pressure forcing Romo out of the pocket.

All in all Ryan is a scapegoat. That offense needs help.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how Garrett hasn't gotten the boot yet. Norv Turner, NFC version.

I'm sure Rob will land somewhere within the next few days.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Imagine he came to Buffalo and played Rex twice a year ! We don't play 3/4 tho

Rob likes the 3-4, but that isn't the only defense he's ever used, with the Raiders he used a 4-3 front.

He had no choice in using the 3-4 their. Not sure he'd want to use it himself.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:

this topic has nothing to do with Romo troll give it a rest. fact is Ryan's scheme was picked apart this year just as it has in it's previous spots where he's been DC and failed. Save the romo talk for another thread

Actually, it does. It's pretty obvious what the problem is. Instead of just admitting their faults with their QB, it's easier just to replace a coach. They'd rather fire a coach and admit their faults there (much easier situation to fix) then replace a player who is at the most important player position in the game. Try not being so sensitive. There's nothing trolling about it; it's called being honest.

plan9misfit wrote:
While your statement is true, this thread is about Rob Ryan being fired so we should stick to that topic. But believe me, there are a lot of us who want to dump both Romo and Garrett; Romo for being a choke artist in big games and Garrett for being utterly incompetent as a head coach.

It does have to do with the topic. Ryan is the scapegoat. Again, they don't want to fire a HC and cut / trade their QB; because finding new QB / HC is very hard. They can deal without their DC without missing a huge beat. Obviously, you can't say the same about your QB or HC. Jones clearly doesn't want to get rid of Romo, in fear of things getting even worse (as if, that's possible; at this point). Instead of trying to fix things the right way; he's doing it the wrong way. My point is far from trolling, and will make sense when a strong, progressing defense does better next year, but Dallas as a team does not go anywhere because of the blatant poor play of their QB.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Surprising he falls on the sword and takes the blame, for Cowboys problems. Jerry had to do something but was the defensive scheme really the problem?

I thought offensive turnovers and the lack of a running game was more the problem.

Other than 3 games, the offense really did not turn it over that often. How about the fact that for the second straight year, this defense never came close to getting turnovers. Not even close.

I dont understand all the love for Ryan. I agree that he was dealt a difficult hand with the lack of off season in year one and injuries in year two, but what exactly did he do that instilled so much confidence in his abilities.

This is a coordinator that struggled to put 11 defenders on the field multiple times in crucial situations, a coordinator that rarely, if ever, caused pressure and a coordinator whose defense never caused turnovers. That does not scream great coordinator to me.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/08/cowboys-fire-rob-ryan/

Check his numbers.

The primary reason Rob had a DC job is because of the Ryan name.

Kiltman on the sig
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
While your statement is true, this thread is about Rob Ryan being fired so we should stick to that topic. But believe me, there are a lot of us who want to dump both Romo and Garrett; Romo for being a choke artist in big games and Garrett for being utterly incompetent as a head coach.

It does have to do with the topic. Ryan is the scapegoat. Again, they don't want to fire a HC and cut / trade their QB; because finding new QB / HC is very hard.

I partially agree with that statement. Ryan's termination was certainly more of a symbolic gesture given the litany of injuries the team had during the year (coupled with Romo's miserable choke jobs and Garrett's record of game mismanagement), but he also never brought much to the table as a DC beyond that of bravado. Even when the defense was healthy, he did little to make you think that it was a great unit. Heck, there were multiple times over the last 2 seasons where we couldn't even get 10 men on the field for a play, let alone 11. That's on him. That being said, I would not have terminated him. I would've given him one more year to see what he could have done with a healthy team for an entire season.

You are correct that finding a new QB and HC is hard and it's obvious that Jerry is not committed to making that decision. But he never is. He's in love with Romo because Romo, like Favre, puts up pretty numbers during the season and sells merchandise, which is all Jerry really cares about. For him, making money >>>>>>>>>>> winning. The problem is that we can't win with Romo because, like Favre, he's a turnover machine who chokes in big game situations and will always have that gut wrenching turnover which rips your heart out at the worst possible moment. But since Jerry isn't interested in changing that because of the coin he gets from the media attention, someone had to be made the patsy beyond that of our RB coach.

Quote:
They can deal without their DC without missing a huge beat. Obviously, you can't say the same about your QB or HC. Jones clearly doesn't want to get rid of Romo, in fear of things getting even worse (as if, that's possible; at this point). Instead of trying to fix things the right way; he's doing it the wrong way. My point is far from trolling, and will make sense when a strong, progressing defense does better next year, but Dallas as a team does not go anywhere because of the blatant poor play of their QB.

Jerry has never gone about fixing things the right way. He's more fixated on glitz and glamour than substance. The only way Jerry will pay serious attention to talented offensive linemen if you cover them in glitter and have them hold shiny objects (spoons, quarters, etc.), because he's convinced himself that skill position players and DBs are more important than guys in the trenches.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the Cowboys defense hit by injuries this year too? Not making excuses, he is a solid football coach but Jerry Jones does want to shake up the organization.
waremd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Your QB continues to screw up; so you start firing coaches? Seems legit.

Troll

.... No, not really. Romo continually blows it when the team needs him the most. Romo is easily the biggest choker in the NFL. He's clearly the problem.

Still bitter about the Roethlisberger choking away your season it's alright man, there is always next year.

Anyways, Ryan being fired is probably for the best, yes we were top defense at the beginning of the year and injuries had a lot to do with it. What is actually more sad is our starting defense in his schemes got less turnovers then the replacements or street players.

In 2011 he refused to play safe and made Newman play man to man way to much. His scheming is always unprepared and has accounted for a lot of unnecessary timeouts and penalties due to players being confused, out of place, or having too few or too many players on the field.

Then in 2012, he moved to a less aggressive defense to counter the troubles in 2011 when we now had the man to man corners to properly run the defense. The entire Ryan scheme was always one step behind and I am thinking this move is for the best.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: