Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan has been fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys also gave up more yards this year than they have in franchise history

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Rob would be more aggressive than he was. Can't say I'm gonna lose any sleep over him being gone but I did like he fire and attitude.

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: norton Reply with quote

Frankly, even though Norton played there, I wouldn't understand why he'd go play for a team with there offensive problems and a coach on the hot seat.. He'll get the Seahawk job eventually.

I doubt Norton would run a regular 4-3 either, I'm sure it would be a 4-3 under like the Hawks run. Using a lot of cover 1. A safety with range is a must though.. Considerin he has to fill in behind the leo and wlb against the run and be available to cover deep in a passing situation.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Some of you are absolutely trolling. Here are some facts:

Quote:
But the popular belief that Romo usually fades in the fourth quarter is just foolish.

Fact: Romo has the highest fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks. And itís not even close. His 102.1 rating is more than five points higher than the second man on the list, Green Bayís Aaron Rodgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696976/do-stats-lie-no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

in 5 of our 8 losses last year, we were tied or in the lead when Romo last stepped off the field.

Romo became 1 of the only QBs in NFL history to throw for 300+, 4 TDs, not turn the ball over once, and still lost the game.

Even when Romo plays great, he does not enjoy the same success as other QBs due to poor defensive play. Here is a comparison:

Quote:
Games with a 100-plus rating:

Romo 37-11
Cutler 25-1
Ryan 32-1
Brady 79-5.

You want to hear another interesting stat?

Tony Romo in the first quarter: 61.3 rating with 1 TD and 6 INT's. 12 of his INT's have come in the FIRST half.

Tony Romo's INT's have led to the opponents scoring 69 ( 9 TD - 2 FG) points this year. The D was able to hold the other team scoreless on the other 8 turnovers.

What game(s) did the defense lose for the team then?

Seattle? You were already down 10-0 because of a fumble and blocked punt.
Chicago? Let's not go there.
Baltimore? You lose by 7....and another turnover by Romo lead to...7 points.
Giants? Turnovers lead to 17 Giants points.
Atlanta? The D played good that day.
Washington? Turnovers lead to 14 points by the Skins
Saints? Another turnover that lead to 7 easy points.
Washington? Romo threw 3 INT's and the D only allowed the Skins to score on the last one

Sounds to me that good ol' Jerry is trying to find a scapegoat for not making the playoffs. That's fine to me. If he wants to blame the D for giving up so many points then he should also blame his QB for putting them in so many crappy situations.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Quote:
But the popular belief that Romo usually fades in the fourth quarter is just foolish.

Fact: Romo has the highest fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks. And itís not even close. His 102.1 rating is more than five points higher than the second man on the list, Green Bayís Aaron Rodgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696976/do-stats-lie-no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

in 5 of our 8 losses last year, we were tied or in the lead when Romo last stepped off the field.

Romo became 1 of the only QBs in NFL history to throw for 300+, 4 TDs, not turn the ball over once, and still lost the game.

Even when Romo plays great, he does not enjoy the same success as other QBs due to poor defensive play. Here is a comparison:

Quote:

Romo 37-11
Cutler 25-1
Ryan 32-1
Brady 79-5.

Tony Romo in the first quarter: 61.3 rating with 1 TD and 6 INT's. 12 of his INT's have come in the FIRST half.

Tony Romo's INT's have led to the opponents scoring 69 ( 9 TD - 2 FG) points this year. The D was able to hold the other team scoreless on the other 8 turnovers.

Washington? Romo threw 3 INT's and the D only allowed the Skins to score on the last one

Sounds to me that good ol' Jerry is trying to find a scapegoat for not making the playoffs. That's fine to me. If he wants to blame the D for giving up so many points then he should also blame his QB for putting them in so many crappy situations.

Good luck getting a number of fans in our own forum to believe that, Atari. I've been trying to explain to them for years that Romo is just a big a problem, if not a bigger problem, than anyone else on the team because of his history of mental meltdowns and turnovers. And what am I graced with? 4th quarter QB ratings. Rolling Eyes Confused

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie Smith would be absolutely perfect for this job. You couldn't find a better replacement. I could easily see him being a top 3 DC in this league.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:

I agree that this was not a good year for Romo (by his standards). Should we factor in though that we had the least amount of turnovers created on defense in franchise history? How about get the ball back for your offense every now and then...

What about last year though?

Romo stepped off the field 5 times last year with a lead - only to see the defense lose the game. 5 out of 8 losses were a direct result of the defense.

Do you think that is unacceptable?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
I don't agree with this move.

Well we want to switch to a 4-3 and this especially means that we are letting Anthony Spencer go in FA so he should be the most sought out defensive player in Free Agency this offseason.

Ummmm...Come again? Laughing

Whats so funny? He had a career year , and was basically our defensive MVP
for the year. Had double digit sacks and when he wasn't in the line-up our Run-D suffered greatly.

If Mario Williams got paid like he did in buffalo after being out a year with injury. I don't see why Anthony Spencer won't. We all know Free Agency is basically a race of who overpays for talent that isn't necessarily justified for that paycheck.

So now Anthony Spencer = Mario Williams?

I would bet $5000 that Anthony Spencer does not get $100 million from a team, which is what Mario got. Shoot, I bet he doesn't even get $30 million total. I'd say he'd command about 4 yrs/$24 million. $6 mil a year for him is quite fair.

Before this season, his career high in sacks is 6 in one season.

2007: 3 sacks
2008: 1.5 sacks
2009: 6 sacks
2010: 5 sacks
2011: 6 sacks
2012: 11 sacks

Mario Williams's stats before he got his big contract:
2006: 4.5 sacks
2007: 14 sacks
2008: 12 sacks
2009: 9 sacks
2010: 8.5 sacks
2011: 5 sacks (only played 5 games)

Soooo tell me again how Anthony Spencer is comparable to Mario Williams? not to mention Spencer is 28 right now...and Mario had just turned 27 when he got his big contract. Younger with way better production. He was way overpaid, but to think Spencer is going to get some insane contract because he did is dumb.

This year was not the norm for him and teams shouldn't expect him to produce like he did this year again. He did have a very nice year statistically...I'll give you that. 95 total tackles 11 sacks 2 FF 1 FR. But that doesn't warrant "most sought after free agent". You were being wayy too hyperbolic. If anything, Michael Johnson will be more sought after than Spencer...he is younger and also had a big year this season.

William Moore, Jairus Byrd, Israel Idonije, Michael Johnson, Terrance Knighton, Daryl Smith, Connor Barwin, Derek Cox, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Dashon Goldson...all should be more sought after free agents than Anthony Spencer.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it gonna take for Dallas fans to finally turn on Romo? He's done everything short of flipping off the crowd at Cowboy Stadium.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
What is it gonna take for Dallas fans to finally turn on Romo? He's done everything short of flipping off the crowd at Cowboy Stadium.

He plays amazing in like ~12 out of 16 games a year. For the most part, we wont turn on him until there is a better option. He is still a top 10 QB, he just needs a defense and running game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
I would bet $5000 that Anthony Spencer does not get $100 million from a team, which is what Mario got. Shoot, I bet he doesn't even get $30 million total. I'd say he'd command about 4 yrs/$24 million. $6 mil a year for him is quite fair.

I will take that bet, for real. Spencer is going to get a Woodley type deal. 6 year 61Mil is what he signed. I bet Spencers is somewhere in the 5 year 45-50M range.

You legit want to make the $5k bet? Cause I am 100% serious.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
waremd wrote:
Still bitter about the Roethlisberger choking away your season it's alright man, there is always next year.

Not in the slightest. I don't blame him at all for being injured. No need to apply to me because my statement about Romo was true.

Are you aware that Romo was also injured in the Redskins game? He cracked a rib in the second quarter.

That stated, I am not giving Romo a break for his performance. Injured or not, he should have done better.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
pierrepet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Romo 37-11
Cutler 25-1
Ryan 32-1
Brady 79-5.

On that same note, what did the defense do to help Dallas win games? It is no secret that in the NFL, turnovers win games. The Dallas defense had a total of 7 interceptions this season. That is not a typo....7 interceptions in 16 games. In case you were wondering, that ranks them dead last in the NFL. In comparison, Eli Manning, RG3 and Matt Ryan's defenses had 21, 21 and 20.

Again, I am not defending Romo's performance against Washington, but it does suck for Romo that in order for Dallas to win, he has to play great and any mistake will be magnified due to the fact that we have zero running game (we have scored the fewest rushing TD's in the league the last 2 seasons), fairly terrible special teams and a defense that never, ever, ever, creates turnovers. Case in point, the NO game this year (which you somehow bring up as a negative for Romo). In that game, he threw for 416 yards, 4 TD, 0 interceptions. The end result........another loss.

Rob Ryan was fired for one main reason.....lack of turnovers. It is as simple as that.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I will take that bet, for real. Spencer is going to get a Woodley type deal. 6 year 61Mil is what he signed. I bet Spencers is somewhere in the 5 year 45-50M range.

You legit want to make the $5k bet? Cause I am 100% serious.

What on Earth makes you think Spencer deserves that kind of money? Lamar Woodley>>>>>>Anthony Spencer.

He has ONE double digit sack year in his entire career. The poster saying he will be the most sought after FA is beyond blind.

Woodley had 3 years of double digit sacks before signing his deal and was one of the best 3-4 OLBs in the game at the time. Spencer is nowhere near his level when he signed that deal.

I think he COULD get 30 mil from a team (which is still wayy overpaying for him), but I see him getting about a 4 year deal for around 24-28 million.

The poster insinuating Spencer is the best FA available is hilarious. I can think of 10 better ones easily.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Last edited by Matts4313 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: