Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan has been fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I would bet $5000 that Anthony Spencer does not get $100 million from a team, which is what Mario got. Shoot, I bet he doesn't even get $30 million total. I'd say he'd command about 4 yrs/$24 million. $6 mil a year for him is quite fair.

I will take that bet, for real. Spencer is going to get a Woodley type deal. 6 year 61Mil is what he signed. I bet Spencers is somewhere in the 5 year 45-50M range.

You legit want to make the $5k bet? Cause I am 100% serious.

What on Earth makes you think Spencer deserves that kind of money? Lamar Woodley>>>>>>Anthony Spencer.

He has ONE double digit sack year in his entire career. The poster saying he will be the most sought after FA is beyond blind.

Woodley had 3 years of double digit sacks before signing his deal and was one of the best 3-4 OLBs in the game at the time. Spencer is nowhere near his level when he signed that deal.

I think he COULD get 30 mil from a team (which is still wayy overpaying for him), but I see him getting about a 4 year deal for around 24-28 million.

The poster insinuating Spencer is the best FA available is hilarious. I can think of 10 better ones easily.

The teams in FA go for the hottest players coming into it with the best seasons mostly. Its past history and we've seen it too much already. I'm not saying Anthony Spencer is getting Mario Williams money but he is going to get a pretty hefty contract. Disagree with my opnion ? sure. Laugh at it? Thats another thing buddy.

We are already letting him walk cause we know we won't be able to match other teams offers for him. He is as solid as you can get in free agency. and Honestly Micheal Johnson over Anthony Spencer? Even as a eagles fan I feel your really uneducated about Spencer. Sorry.

One would think a eagles fan knows alot about free agency.

and @matts Yeah I'm just laughing over this post right now.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.

Last edited by canadaluvsdalla on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I would bet $5000 that Anthony Spencer does not get $100 million from a team, which is what Mario got. Shoot, I bet he doesn't even get $30 million total. I'd say he'd command about 4 yrs/$24 million. $6 mil a year for him is quite fair.

I will take that bet, for real. Spencer is going to get a Woodley type deal. 6 year 61Mil is what he signed. I bet Spencers is somewhere in the 5 year 45-50M range.

You legit want to make the $5k bet? Cause I am 100% serious.

What on Earth makes you think Spencer deserves that kind of money? Lamar Woodley>>>>>>Anthony Spencer.

He has ONE double digit sack year in his entire career. The poster saying he will be the most sought after FA is beyond blind.

Woodley had 3 years of double digit sacks before signing his deal and was one of the best 3-4 OLBs in the game at the time. Spencer is nowhere near his level when he signed that deal.

I think he COULD get 30 mil from a team (which is still wayy overpaying for him), but I see him getting about a 4 year deal for around 24-28 million.

The poster insinuating Spencer is the best FA available is hilarious. I can think of 10 better ones easily.

Im not going to convince you. I want to make $5k. You taking the bet or no?

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams covet and overpay pass rushers. I'm with Matts. Spencer will see 8 to 10 million a year imo.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with the Dallas fans here....they didn't say he deserved big money, just that he would get it. He's a player coming off a career year for a big market team. He will absolutely be overpaid by some idiot GM and the entire football world will roll their eyes as he produces pitifully because Demarcus Ware isn't on the other end of the line anymore.

The question isn't whether or not he'll be overpaid, it's who by.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 58 Yards: 812 TDs: 9
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:

On that same note, what did the defense do to help Dallas win games? It is no secret that in the NFL, turnovers win games. The Dallas defense had a total of 7 interceptions this season. That is not a typo....7 interceptions in 16 games. In case you were wondering, that ranks them dead last in the NFL. In comparison, Eli Manning, RG3 and Matt Ryan's defenses had 21, 21 and 20.

Again, I am not defending Romo's performance against Washington, but it does suck for Romo that in order for Dallas to win, he has to play great and any mistake will be magnified due to the fact that we have zero running game (we have scored the fewest rushing TD's in the league the last 2 seasons), fairly terrible special teams and a defense that never, ever, ever, creates turnovers. Case in point, the NO game this year (which you somehow bring up as a negative for Romo). In that game, he threw for 416 yards, 4 TD, 0 interceptions. The end result........another loss.

Rob Ryan was fired for one main reason.....lack of turnovers. It is as simple as that.

BTW - not sure how I missed this, but nice post. I think this sums it up well.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Spencer was incredible this season, he's absolutely going to get a huge deal from someone. 3-4 OLBs are hard to find, much less ones in their primes that excel in all facets of the game and can play the strong side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: