Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oliver Vernon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc,

I agree we NEED for the middle round guys to make an impact. That becomes the nucleus of your team. I think even with Egnew not looking like he's gonna make it we did well. Martin, Vernon, Miller and Randall all got playing time thats not going to do anything but help this coming season.

Oh and Im going to be a Jeff Ireland cheerleader from Now on because it's easy to find ppl who can't stand him or the job he's done. Thanks to JEFF we also picked up Samuda (sp), & Shelby off the trash pile. Plus there is a chance Fuller comes around 2 Way to go Jeff now Keep it Up!!! Very Happy
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
I see a linebacker when I watch Vernon play. With that said, he can put his hand in the ground and get after it. I think he'd be a fine 4-3 End with more time committed to the position, but I think he'd excel more as a Sam. I think Vernon will be a staple of the Nickel package and I'd actually like to see them back him up full time and have Koa Misi give 4-3 End a shot.

I wonder do you see linebacker because of his number or when you watch him play. I do not know about you but someone's number distorts how I view him. Not only that but his number is horrible.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
I see a linebacker when I watch Vernon play. With that said, he can put his hand in the ground and get after it. I think he'd be a fine 4-3 End with more time committed to the position, but I think he'd excel more as a Sam. I think Vernon will be a staple of the Nickel package and I'd actually like to see them back him up full time and have Koa Misi give 4-3 End a shot.

I wonder do you see linebacker because of his number or when you watch him play. I do not know about you but someone's number distorts how I view him. Not only that but his number is horrible.

I have done that to....I see that 50 and takes me a second to remember he plays end. He really done need a number in the 90's...

Another thing that may lead some to say LB is his height....he sit around 6'2" which is shorter then your typical end. I'm not sure if he has the speed for LB, but that never stopped players like Cox and Thomas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't address a pass-rusher this off-season, I'll take it as a sign the FO has faith in Vernon. Then it'll be sink or swim. From what I've seen from him this season, I'm optimistic about the kid - but I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm expecting him to develop into a great pass rusher... we'll see.

Nacho Simulation Football League
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

I think its a combination of his play, his number and his overall build. He looks so much smoother when he's in a 2 point stance. He has a natural feel for pass drops, he made a number of plays dropping back this year.

The number, obviously, is a misnomer and throws me off.

And just when you look at him, he's thick. He doesn't have great length to him. He's build like a linebacker, when I think edge rushers I think Clay Matthews, Demarcus Ware, Jason Taylor...various muscle masses but they have that real tall, long body frame.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't address pass rush this off season no one should wonder why we dont have a dominate Defense. Little to no pressure is a main contributor to very few take aways.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm with PD on this one. He plays like a linebacker to me. He is agile in space and just because he has pass rushing skillz doesn't mean he needs to be a DE. His size is also better suited for an OLB.

I think Vernon already has his position, DE / OLB hybrid a la Jason Taylor. Get a "pure" DE in the 1st / 2nd and rotate Vernon in at DE and OLB. He can rush from both positions and it will keep Wake / Rookie DE / Burnett / Misi fresh.

The more pass rushers this team has, the better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: