Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gettleman new GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news,, Carolina Panthers LB Luke Kuechly has been named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year by Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers of America! via Adam Schefter

Congrats to Mr Awesome Luke.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Mad Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gettlemen has his hands full immediately. Offensive coordinator, draft, and salary cap problems all at once. The draft should be the easiest issue to address as he is probably already familiar with the players and combines have yet to come.

I hate for the offense to have to learn a new system, so like the idea of Turner. However, I don't think Gettlemen will want to do that as it is an extension of the Sand Diego connection. I suspect the decision lies squarely on Gettlemen so should be an interesting selection.

I have no idea how the contract negotiations work out. Richardson has treated all those guys well, it would nice for them to relent some. I see no way Gamble is coming back with that contract and coming off IR. I know some of you have posted things about how little can be achieved by cutting any of those guys, so again it will be interesting.

Gross could be a casualty in all of this too which would be a shame. I can see him taking less, he is a Panther through and through?

What are the Giants biggest needs and can we do any business with them?
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I am about 95% positive it is usually up to the head coach who the coordinator is. Usually. Ron Rivera was the one that chose his staff.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I could be wrong but I am about 95% positive it is usually up to the head coach who the coordinator is. Usually. Ron Rivera was the one that chose his staff.

Agreed, but I would say the GM does have some say so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were Gettleman I think my first priority is to sign Greg Hardy to an extension. No Hurney-contract, but you have to recognize that he is a potential cornerstone defensive player.

I also look at this year's playoffs and I see what the game is like when the veteran QB gets time. The Seahawks scored a weekend low of 28 points!

After watching Wilson's game, I'm excited to see what Cam could do with a good offensive line and decent run game.
Mad Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
If I were Gettleman I think my first priority is to sign Greg Hardy to an extension. No Hurney-contract, but you have to recognize that he is a potential cornerstone defensive player.

I also look at this year's playoffs and I see what the game is like when the veteran QB gets time. The Seahawks scored a weekend low of 28 points!

After watching Wilson's game, I'm excited to see what Cam could do with a good offensive line and decent run game.

Signing Hardy is a priority. Hardy had to be the most upset of anybody to see Hurney go - sad, but so true.

Hurney also never really was aggressive about drafting for the OL. Gross was a find, with Kalil and Silotolu this year, but other than Jeff Oaffa, Hurney hasn't done anything.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Man wrote:
Moody wrote:

Signing Hardy is a priority. Hardy had to be the most upset of anybody to see Hurney go - sad, but so true.

Hurney also never really was aggressive about drafting for the OL. Gross was a find, with Kalil and Silotolu this year, but other than Jeff Oaffa, Hurney hasn't done anything.

OL is was actually one of Hurneys best positions he drafted, look on other teams there are starting OL that we couldnt keep. Mathis, Schwartz, Bernado, Center for Skins

Thanks CK
Smitty89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching and listening to his press conference I couldn't help but think he sounded like a mob boss. I'm not sure if any of you picked up on that, but he'd say "How you doin?" to all reporters asking questions. Had that Jersey/NY accent. And up here in Chicago you almost see guys that are connected every day, especially in the construction industry which is what I'm in.

Lets start the nickname for Gettlemen as dun dun dun dunnnn... The Godfather. He pulls all the strings and in my opinion can take this franchise to the top.
davlar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I absolutely love the guy's accent. Even the way he says 'New York' is cool.

Maybe that's the Sopranos fan in me, I don't know.

Bottom line: The guy is impressive. He clearly has a plan in place and will show no mercy in his talent evaluations. I can't wait to see how he approaches the first draft.

Thanks to JammerHammer21 for the sig - Let The Riv-Era Begin!
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious to know which players he was responsible for bringing to the NYG organization.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I would be curious to know which players he was responsible for bringing to the NYG organization.
I wonder if somebody can stir up this bit of info

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:

in his presser he mentioned martellus bennett and sean locklear... considering he was a 'pro' guy i would assume all trades and FA stuff went through him.

shaun o'hara
antrel rolle
cc brown
david carr
chase blackburn i think
chris canty
plaxico burress
sam madison
kerry collins?
kareem mckenzie

those are all of the notable FAs i can think of <_<

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John (Charlotte)
any word on who Gettleman brings in to help him with cap and other things?

Pat Yasinskas (1:23 PM)
Not yet. May stay the same. Panthers have a very capable cap guy named Rob Rogers, but the general public doesn't know he exists because he keeps a low profile.

FYI a ? I asked Pat about Gettleman

Thanks CK
wild style

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy sounds like a clown to me! http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Dave_Gettleman_Its_about_getting_it_right/73418ee2-bb8f-44fa-aabb-c8d66eb820f2
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean he's a clown? What do you mean, the way he talks? What? Clown how? I mean, what's so clownish about him?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: