Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Mularkey Fired as Jaguars Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
As we've long noted Greg Roman in good shape for Jags job. Mike Nolan, Vic Fangio, Jay Gruden could get interviews too

I wouldn't be surprised, nor against it if Nolan gets the job. He's still young and has taken his lumps from previous opportunities. Both of the teams he's coached were tough and scrappy with very good defenses (SF @ Denver). He's a guy I could see as having figured it out with what will be his final opportunity to get a head coaching gig.

green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He might end up as a better HC than OC.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdboy153 wrote:
I've read a report to the tune that Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong might be a wildcard candidate. He sounds intriguing, having coached in a variety of backgrounds.

I might be alone here, but I don't think that hiring a so-called "genius" on one side of the ball is the best way to go- I'm hoping for a guy with vision, who connects with Caldwell and will identify talent with him, and will manage a group of competent coordinators and position coaches.
Absolutely agree with what you think we need. But at the same time, I think you need a coach that can turn one side of the ball elite with his coaching. Otherwise, you'll see your coordinators getting Head Coaching jobs and you'll always find yourself hoping the next guy up is competent enough to run the offense. Getting someone like Mike Smith who can run one side of the ball, all while working hand in hand with the GM, and being the guy you described.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had Roman on lock already?...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Roman can't interview until his season ends, so we need Green Bay to beat SF this weekend, otherwise we wait until the bye week before the Superbowl.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He might end up as a better HC than OC.

does that really say much?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Roman can't interview until his season ends, so we need Green Bay to beat SF this weekend, otherwise we wait until the bye week before the Superbowl.

I'm actually rooting for a Hawks/49ers rematch in the championship game. I'm OK with waiting another week - at least we can begin the new era now.

As always, MoJo's optimistic.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

The Seahawks DC interviewed for the Chargers HC job so i believe Roman can interview too.

I think he'd be a solid hire for you guys, and i'm worried about what assistant coaches he would take with him if he was hired. I think every one of our major defensive coaches (DL, LB, Secondary) would make good DC's.
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

The Seahawks DC interviewed for the Chargers HC job so Roman can too.

I think he'd be a solid hire for you guys, and i'm worried about what assistant coaches he would take with him if he was hired. I think every one of our major defensive coaches (DL, LB, Secondary) would make good DC's.

Coaches on teams with a bye had to be interviewed Wild Card weekend. Coaches on teams that played Wild Card weekend can be interviewed this week, if they're permitted by their team.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
JDJaguar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that feels terrible for Mel Tucker? I know the D was terribad this year, but to be used like this.

Although, the interview could be serious and not just for the Rooney.....

Rolling Eyes
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDJaguar wrote:
Am I the only one that feels terrible for Mel Tucker? I know the D was terribad this year, but to be used like this.

Rolling Eyes

was he interviewed for our job?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JDJaguar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, Most people believe it is only for the Rooney Rule. Makes me feel bad for him, I think he is better coach than our defense made him look.
Jags

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDJaguar wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JDJaguar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, Most people believe it is only for the Rooney Rule. Makes me feel bad for him, I think he is better coach than our defense made him look.

I feel sorry for him also and I wish him the best in his near future.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Tuck will land oh his feet he is rumored to interview for the Cleveland Browns DC job.
nerdboy153

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
I've read a report to the tune that Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong might be a wildcard candidate. He sounds intriguing, having coached in a variety of backgrounds.

I might be alone here, but I don't think that hiring a so-called "genius" on one side of the ball is the best way to go- I'm hoping for a guy with vision, who connects with Caldwell and will identify talent with him, and will manage a group of competent coordinators and position coaches.
Absolutely agree with what you think we need. But at the same time, I think you need a coach that can turn one side of the ball elite with his coaching. Otherwise, you'll see your coordinators getting Head Coaching jobs and you'll always find yourself hoping the next guy up is competent enough to run the offense. Getting someone like Mike Smith who can run one side of the ball, all while working hand in hand with the GM, and being the guy you described.

That would absolutely be an ideal situation. That said- do you see anybody who "takes care of one side of the ball?" Somebody raised a good point about a coordinator being on the same side of the ball as the head coach, which raises some questions about Roman. I'm not entirely convinced on Brian Schottenheimer either.

If there's anybody who you could argue takes care of one side of the ball, I think it might be Gus Bradley. But he doesn't seem to be on the Jaguars radar (the Eagles seem to really like him, though). To be fair, I'm not a football man, and I like Caldwell's persona and thinking so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: