Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grades for the 2011 Draft Class (First Round)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Grades for the 2011 Draft Class (First Round) Reply with quote

2010 and 2012 already have threads. This may be the GOAT draft class.

Quote:
1. QB Cam Newton (Panthers)
2. LB Von Miller (Broncos)
3. DT Marcell Dareus (Bills)
4. WR A.J. Green (Bengals)
5. CB Patrick Peterson (Cardinals)
6. WR Julio Jones (Falcons)
7. LB Aldon Smith (49ers)
8. QB Jake Locker (Titans)
9. OT Tyron Smith (Cowboys)
10. QB Blaine Gabbert (Jaguars)
11. DE J.J. Watt (Texans)
12. QB Christian Ponder (Vikings)
13. DT Nick Fairley (Lions)
14. DE Robert Quinn (Rams)
15. C Mike Pouncey (Dolphins)
16. LB Ryan Kerrigan (Redskins)
17. OT Nate Solder (Patriots)
18. DE Corey Liuget (Chargers)
19. CB Prince Amukamara (Giants)
20. DE Adrian Clayborn (Buccaneers)
21. DT Phil Taylor (Browns)
22. OT Anthony Castonzo (Colts)
23. OG Danny Watkins (Eagles)
24. DE Cameron Jordan (Saints)
25. OL James Carpenter (Seahawks)
26. WR Jonathan Baldwin (Chiefs)
27. CB Jimmy Smith (Ravens)
28. RB Mark Ingram (Saints)
29. OT Gabe Carimi (Bears)
30. DE Muhammad Wilkerson (Jets)
31. DE Cameron Heyward (Steelers)
32. OT Derek Sherrod (Packers)
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll grade the Chiefs pick.

Jonathan Baldwin - D-
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Ponder is probably a C - to a C.

Led his team to the playoffs in his second year, has shown progression, but he has been shaky and needs to show more consistency. In terms of where he is at in his progression, I say he is right on par where he should be. Still lots of work needs to be done, but were not going to see him improve until the Vikings improve its WRs.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Grades for the 2011 Draft Class (First Round) Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
This may be the GOAT draft class.

And we got Danny Watkins... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
DubiDo0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give Marcel a C+.
game3525

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liuget-B

Very poor rookie year.....but has been one of the top 3/4 DE's in year two and should only get better.
resilient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihate this thread. It reminds me again of how Dallas passed on JJ Watt. However T Smith is improving and young. And certainly serves a major need to Dallas.

Overall grade - B+
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Liuget-B

Very poor rookie year.....but has been one of the top 3/4 DE's in year two and should only get better.

He's definitely higher than a B. This season was absolutely fantastic. I'd say at least B+. Even he wasn't great his rookie season, he was adjusting. Now he is settled and beasting.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is possibly the best defensive first round I've seen in a draft, going by how they all looked so far. I don't see a single defensive player on this list that hasn't looked really good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherrod- Incomplete. He is a LT only and when he showed up we pulled our typical stupid crap trying him at LG where he was terrible, and then Bulaga hurt his knee and we stuck him in at RT vs the Falcons and you could see he was struggling with tje footwork. But from the little I have seen of him at LT he was decent but raw. He should be our day 1 starting LT next year.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CJ4life

Julio has been a man-child for us. Would give him an A- / A.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
incognito_man

sherrod - INC.

IR'd due to leg fracture. Next year should be good to go and see what we have.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for ignorant people to give Cam Heyward an F simply because LeBeau doesnt like to play defensive players early.

1. QB Cam Newton (Panthers) - A - Franchise QB, that while inconsistent still has a ton of upside.

2. LB Von Miller (Broncos) - A+ - Already a top 5 defensive player in the NFL.

3. DT Marcell Dareus (Bills) - B+ - Very good player, but not dominant.

4. WR A.J. Green (Bengals) - A - Green will be a top 3 WR soon, but some people make him out to be better than he is.

5. CB Patrick Peterson (Cardinals) - A - Developing into a great corner and is a leathal return guy.

6. WR Julio Jones (Falcons) - A- - Very good WR, but not on the level of AJ Green.

7. LB Aldon Smith (49ers) - A - Dominant pass rusher. His overall game still needs more development, though.

8. QB Jake Locker (Titans) - C - Never liked Locker, and nothing he has shown has improved my outlook on him. He has looked better than Gabbert though.

9. OT Tyron Smith (Cowboys) - B- - Up and down, but usually fairly solid. Not living up to the hype, though...as is the case with most USC products.

10. QB Blaine Gabbert (Jaguars) - D - Even though he has shown minor flashes, I still stand be my feelings that he was a 4th round talent QB. He will be a career backup, if even that.

11. DE J.J. Watt (Texans) - A+++++ - Best defensive player in the league IMO. Dominant in every single way.

12. QB Christian Ponder (Vikings) - C+ - Another QB that was highly overdrafted, but still better than Locker and Gabbert, if only slightly.

13. DT Nick Fairley (Lions) - B - Definitely raising his game and looks dominant at times, but still needs work.

14. DE Robert Quinn (Rams) - B - Definitely turning into the beast pass rusher he was expected to be.

15. C Mike Pouncey (Dolphins) - B+ - One of the best centers in the league this year...better than Mo, sadly.

16. LB Ryan Kerrigan (Redskins) - B+ - Injured this year, but looked very promising last year. Has alot of upside left.

17. OT Nate Solder (Patriots) - B - Good, but not nearly as good as Pats fans make him out to be.

18. DE Corey Liuget (Chargers) - B+ - Very underrated and overlooked player. I was wrong on him. Thought he would bust.

19. CB Prince Amukamara (Giants) - C/INC - One of my favorite players last year. Havent seen alot of him due to injuries and stuff, but from what Ive seen he is not quite what I was expecting. Still has hope, though.

20. DE Adrian Clayborn (Buccaneers) - C+ - Underrated pass rusher as a rookie, but struggled vs the run. Injured this year.

21. DT Phil Taylor (Browns) - B+ - Showed alot of promise as a rookie, and should be very good when he gets healthy.

22. OT Anthony Castonzo (Colts) - D - Some disagree with me, but I think he is awful. So glad we didnt draft him like many Steeler fans wanted.

23. OG Danny Watkins (Eagles) - ??? - I honestly havent paid attetnion, but havent heard anything good.

24. DE Cameron Jordan (Saints) - B- - Getting better after a slow start. Still needs work.

25. OL James Carpenter (Seahawks) - D - Was a reach at the time...injured alot, and while I havent seen a ton of him, I havent been impressed.

26. WR Jonathan Baldwin (Chiefs) - C - Hard to grade Baldwin since his QB cant make use of his best assets. Could have a DeMaryus Thomas type breakout with a better QB.

27. CB Jimmy Smith (Ravens) - C+ - Has his moments, but not a starting caluber player...yet anyway.

28. RB Mark Ingram (Saints) - D - Laughably overrated coming out. 3rd best RB on his team. Saints gave up way to much for him.

29. OT Gabe Carimi (Bears) - C - Meh. Im starting to think the OLine coaches are just terrible in Chicago, because none of their OLineman develop. Carimi has talent, though.

30. DE Muhammad Wilkerson (Jets) - B - Good, but vastly overrated by the Jets fanbase.

31. DE Cameron Heyward (Steelers) - INC/B - LeBeau never plays young defensive players much unless he has to. Heyward has flashed brilliance, but his opportunities are still severely limited.

32. OT Derek Sherrod (Packers) - ???? - Isnt he like, always injured? Havent seen him at all really.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Carimi is a C. Dude is no doubt a D.

Wilk should be at least a B+ IMO.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
No way Carimi is a C. Dude is no doubt a D.

Wilk should be at least a B+ IMO.

I wouldnt argue with people who have a D grade on Carimi. Im just starting to think coaching is the bigger reason for the OLines struggles. No player they get ever develops into anything.

Wilk...B+ is the absolute highest Id be willing to go. He definitely isnt an A grade, which IMO is reserved for dominant players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: