Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Rainey released by Steelers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draconis1410

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Chris Rainey released by Steelers Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2013/01/10/nfl-steelers-chris-rainey-arrested/1823665/

While I do not think the Dolphins would pick him up. I do like his speed and breakaway ability when given the ball. Thoughts?

Time for the Patriots to stop stashing away talent on the IR. They need to release Jeff Demps. He has serious speed that can be used.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never gonna happen. Look why he was released. Drama in the making. He'll be a Chief.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe the team wants Young Chad Johnson. He can't be that good, the Academy Award nominations were released today and I didn't see his name in any of the drama classifications.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 15, Tackles 20 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 15 : Death 45 Joe 45
alant_8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading that he had issues in college as well that were overlooked by Meyer, so this isnt a one off, so we more than likely will stay well away from him.

Ironic though how he gets cut & one of their draft picks this year, cant remember who has 13 or so charges against him from a dui and is still on the roster!
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang homie!! You see I was on the fence with being open to him getting a shot until I red he is a repeat offender.
alant_8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies! if it makes you feel better so was I, do it all KR/WR/RB but i haven't seen enough of him to see if he would actually be an upgrade, maybe Thigpen, with more opportunities could do it?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philbin / Ireland were on board with Ochocinco.

I'd be very happy if we picked up Rainey. I'm a homer but the dude has explosion and playmaking ability. Sign him to the team, if he messes up just cut him. It's not like he's going to cause #1 WR drama.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Thigpen be replaced? Him and like 2 other people in the NFL are the only ones who returned a kick and a punt for a TD this year. He's pretty much a rookie, he was undrafted in 09 and was on the Broncos for 10 days and enver had a snap in an NFL game.

Next he went to the CFL and Thigpen became the first player in CFL history to score a touchdown five different ways in one season. In total, he had scored on a kickoff return, punt return, missed field goal return, a running play and a reception.

Dude needs more passes thrown at him IMO.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Thingpen already fill the role Rainey would and with a lot less headaches.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were referring to me then i never said i wanted him replaced, if it was a general comment then apologies!

I too think Thigpen should get a bigger role in the offense, but either the coaches haven't done it in practice or they have seen him and he isnt that good?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alant_8 wrote:
If you were referring to me then i never said i wanted him replaced, if it was a general comment then apologies!

I too think Thigpen should get a bigger role in the offense, but either the coaches haven't done it in practice or they have seen him and he isnt that good?

Just a general statement about signing Rainey....I already feel we have a better version of that player in Thigpen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thigpen is a better player. rainey was not impressive this year and this wasnt the first time he has been in trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: