Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Mularkey Fired
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Mike Mularkey Fired Reply with quote

I just read this on B/R report. I cant stop laughing. Its total Mularkey

Quote:
Although Mularkey's firing comes not long after he was hired, it is hardly a surprise.

Jacksonville finished with a 2-14 record (tied for worst in the league) and in last place in the AFC South division this season. The Jaguars also had one of the NFL's worst scoring differentials. They haven't had a winning season since 2007 under Jack Del Rio.

Jacksonville ranked toward the bottom in almost every statistical category under Mularkey, including scoring offense, scoring defense, total yards and total yards allowed.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
DirtyBird4L

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me sick is that he won friggin OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE YEAR under us. This guy is a total tool and looks like Kevin Costner.
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niet

#JDI
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firing a coach after only 1 season... that's just Mularkey
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:
firing a coach after only 1 season... that's just Mularkey

Laughing Laughing Laughing
coors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only giving your HC one season before firing him IMO shows how bad of an organization you are almost more than showing that the HC was not good. I mean truthfully, how many HCs that inherit terrible situations are able to turn it around in only 1 season? I mean how do you expect someone to build something in that timeframe?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Only giving your HC one season before firing him IMO shows how bad of an organization you are almost more than showing that the HC was not good. I mean truthfully, how many HCs that inherit terrible situations are able to turn it around in only 1 season? I mean how do you expect someone to build something in that timeframe?

I disagree i think it shows the signs of a Org. that realizes it made the wrong decision in keeping the wrong GM on board who ended up choosing the wrong cadidate for the team. With a brand new GM he should have full control on whoever he wants to bring in and if murlarky was capable enough to that new GM then he would have been kept.

To me a new GM should always bring in his own guys from the very start if you ever going to make it work right.
coors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
coors wrote:

I disagree i think it shows the signs of a Org. that realizes it made the wrong decision in keeping the wrong GM on board who ended up choosing the wrong cadidate for the team. With a brand new GM he should have full control on whoever he wants to bring in and if murlarky was capable enough to that new GM then he would have been kept.

To me a new GM should always bring in his own guys from the very start if you ever going to make it work right.

I'm completely on board with what you are saying, I guess my only thing is that can you really know that you made such a horrible mistake at HC after only one year? There have been many coaches over the years that had terrible first years but ended up turning the ship around. That's my only point really..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

This^^^. With the firing of Gene Smith, and the hiring of David Caldwell, it only made sense to let Mularkey go. Let's say Mularkey was retained. Mularkey was Gene Smith's hire, and it's not hard to imagine that Caldwell would have been wanting his own guy all along if Mularkey didn't lead them to a winning season next season and he would have been fired after next year... So instead of possibly putting his (Caldwell's) job on the line, and wasting another season, it was best to just cut ties w/ Mularkey and bring in a fresh HC of his choice.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
coors wrote:

I'm completely on board with what you are saying, I guess my only thing is that can you really know that you made such a horrible mistake at HC after only one year? There have been many coaches over the years that had terrible first years but ended up turning the ship around. That's my only point really..

Yes you can actually as most GM's come in with a mindset of the type of team they are wanting to build. For the most part all personell people know what type of coach a guy is atleast in some form be it Offense, Defense, Pass 1st, Rush 1st, Blitzing D or soft D like BVG's. You do research long before you are going to hire them. So you can truthfully rule out certain coaches based on their style compared to what you are wanting to do with the org.

Then you add in that the guy they hired has been with murlarky for the last 3 or 4 years and he knows him better than anyone in that org. allowing for an even much quicker transition knowing he doesn't want to be a run heavy ground and pound team that has vanilla schemes Smile
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Exactly. He might not be the best coach out there, but Lombardi himself couldnt win with Blaine freakin Gabbert at qb. Not to mention, no MJD.
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its sad when a coach uproots his family and moves to a city and after one year gets canned I hope Mularkey didn't do the latter and I hope Jacksonville never wins a game I have no respect for a team hiring a guy then not giving him a chance Jacksonville will never be revelant !
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
I think its sad when a coach uproots his family and moves to a city and after one year gets canned I hope Mularkey didn't do the latter and I hope Jacksonville never wins a game I have no respect for a team hiring a guy then not giving him a chance Jacksonville will never be revelant !

Rolling Eyes Cry me a river. Mularkey won't have a hard time finding a job. He had a year to show any signs of being a decent HC and failed.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:

Rolling Eyes Cry me a river. Mularkey won't have a hard time finding a job. He had a year to show any signs of being a decent HC and failed.

You're angry.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:

Yes im very very sad that he got millions of guaranteed dollars for his family to move to a extremely nice place like Duval for a year where they can still stay and retire at for the rest of their life on that money if they choose too. He chose this type of profession and has moved many of times to different position in the league. He failed already once as a HC before and took a team that was already medicore to bad and somehow made it worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: