Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Mularkey Fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
I think its sad when a coach uproots his family and moves to a city and after one year gets canned I hope Mularkey didn't do the latter and I hope Jacksonville never wins a game I have no respect for a team hiring a guy then not giving him a chance Jacksonville will never be revelant !

Rolling Eyes Cry me a river. Mularkey won't have a hard time finding a job. He had a year to show any signs of being a decent HC and failed.

You're angry.

Not really.
Rize's stupid comment is stupid.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fire a guy after one year, you must not have much confidence in him to begin with. I think Mularkey, despite what I feel about him, was given the short end of the stick in Jacksonville. The Jags won just two games, but what do management think with that joke they call a roster?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
If you fire a guy after one year, you must not have much confidence in him to begin with. I think Mularkey, despite what I feel about him, was given the short end of the stick in Jacksonville. The Jags won just two games, but what do management think with that joke they call a roster?

I would not call that roster a joke. They have more talent on that roster than people would think. MJD, Jennings, Lewis, Shorts, Blackmon, Robinson, Cox, Alualu, Knighton, Smith, Poz, Landry, and Anger.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I would not call that roster a joke. They have more talent on that roster than people would think. MJD, Jennings, Lewis, Shorts, Blackmon, Robinson, Cox, Alualu, Knighton, Smith, Poz, Landry, and Anger.

Sure, they have some talent. It's the NFL. What team doesn't? But when you have Gabbert/Henne at QB and your best player (MJD) is out for the majority of the season--what do you expect? 29th best offense and 29th best defense. Coaches play some role, but I don't care who you have coaching that team, they weren't winning more than four games. Mularkey wasn't in a good situation to succeed right away and firing him after just one season is stupid. If they had that little confidence in the guy, he shouldn't have been hired. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

I might agree with you if it was the same GM on the team and then they fired the guy after 1 year. But this is a brand new GM that will and should have his own personnel. Why would it be smart to have a brand new GM that is coming in to construct a team to his likings to keep around a guy that doesn't fit what he plans on doing going forward.

Also they expected alot more than 2 games and for atleast some of the players to show improvement under his supervision in the 1st year. None of that happened. Where as it did happen here with Mike Smith and again this year under Koetter and Nolan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: