Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is up there on the all time rushing list but he never won a rushing a title. How does never being the best at your position in the league while playing equal Hall of Fame?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Strahan will get in come August. Parcells might have to wait another year or a few. Ogden is a lock though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I love about reading these lists? No one can count to 5.

ONLY 5 MODERN CANDIDATES CAN BE ELECTED. COACHES AND OWNERS ARE ALWAYS CONSIDERED MODERN.

If even 1 person reads this and makes a list accordingly I will consider the "shouting" a success.

#JDI
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
How does never being the best at your position in the league while playing equal Hall of Fame?

Ask Curtis Martin, also a lot of other inductees too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
How does never being the best at your position in the league while playing equal Hall of Fame?

Ask Curtis Martin, also a lot of other inductees too.

I would never have voted for Curtis Martin. It's a travesty that someone never considered the best in the league could make the Hall of Fame. Completely ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
You know what I love about reading these lists? No one can count to 5.

ONLY 5 MODERN CANDIDATES CAN BE ELECTED. COACHES AND OWNERS ARE ALWAYS CONSIDERED MODERN.

If even 1 person reads this and makes a list accordingly I will consider the "shouting" a success.

I thought so. But then thought, in my head, why would they only present 2 old timers if there is no options other than to elect both or not send 7 to Canton.

So switch my vote from Strahan to Robinson. Shouting=success.

CK on the sig
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Larry Allen (G/T), Jerome Bettis (RB), Tim Brown (WR), Cris Carter (WR), Curley Culp (DT/G), Edward DeBartolo Jr. (owner), Kevin Greene (LB), Charles Haley (DE), Art Modell (owner), Jonathan Ogden (OT), Bill Parcells (coach), Andre Reed (WR), Dave Robinson (LB), Warren Sapp (DT), Will Shields (G), Michael Strahan (DE), Aeneas Williams (CB)
I've been good at picking who gets in the previous few seasons and the only incorrect pick for the previous one was Parcells. This group seems somewhat easy to pick.
Guaranteed in:
Odgen,
Allen,
Likely in:
Sapp,
Brown,
Above average possibility:
Parcells,
Strahan,
Shields,
Average possibility:
Carter,
Modell,
Debartolo,
Williams,
Reed,
Bettis,
Not likely:
Culp,
Haley,
Robinson,
Greene.
mse326

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I'd have disagree with quite a few of those.

Brown as the best of the 3 receivers? He's probably last. Certainly Reed is over him in that room as he's finished ahead of both Brown and Carter on the last 2 ballots.

Culp and Robinson have a pretty good shot. Culp is actually almost a shoe-in. They are veteran nominees so they are guaranteed an up/down vote and they usually get in. Add to that the prevelance and "newly" discoverd importance of the 3-4 NT bodes well for Culp who is the father of the position.

Those are the 2 big issues I had with your list.

#JDI
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
^I'd have disagree with quite a few of those.

Brown as the best of the 3 receivers? He's probably last. Certainly Reed is over him in that room as he's finished ahead of both Brown and Carter on the last 2 ballots.

Culp and Robinson have a pretty good shot. Culp is actually almost a shoe-in. They are veteran nominees so they are guaranteed an up/down vote and they usually get in. Add to that the prevelance and "newly" discoverd importance of the 3-4 NT bodes well for Culp who is the father of the position.

Those are the 2 big issues I had with your list.
You are correct about Robinson and Culp. I don't know how this old memory of mine forgot each were within the nonmodern category up for induction. Funny that if Brazile were one of the nominees, the memory would be automatic and the answer is a definite yes. Makes me wonder if Brazile would ever get enshrined there. Brown gets in because of the combination with returns like Sayers did. He was the go to player for the Raiders and had great WR numbers also.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said before that Brown's likelihood is equal with Carter and somewhat above Reed. There's a possibility the committee views each of these great WR as being inadequate for enshrinment compared with those already inducted. Hopefully not grouped together and each are compared on their own merits.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
The notion that the 6th all-time leading rusher with only ONE guy having a foreseeable chance at surpassing him in the next 10 years not being in the Hall of Fame is idiotic...

By that token you'd think you'd be making a stronger case for Kevin Greene. 3rd all-time in sacks (higher on that list than Strahan is; and the two guys above him are in the Hall already), and granted there are three guys active have a fair chance to overcome him before they retire (Allen, Ware, and Peppers - with a much slighter outside chance that Abraham does, but much more doubtful), but I get the feeling KG was always sold short because of the talent he played with.

I say this fully recognizing the man will go into the HOF as a Steeler (and rightfully so, Georgia Frontiere botched any chance of him going in as a Ram when she sold him up the river).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
The notion that the 6th all-time leading rusher with only ONE guy having a foreseeable chance at surpassing him in the next 10 years not being in the Hall of Fame is idiotic...

By that token you'd think you'd be making a stronger case for Kevin Greene. 3rd all-time in sacks (higher on that list than Strahan is; and the two guys above him are in the Hall already), and granted there are three guys active have a fair chance to overcome him before they retire (Allen, Ware, and Peppers - with a much slighter outside chance that Abraham does, but much more doubtful), but I get the feeling KG was always sold short because of the talent he played with.

I say this fully recognizing the man will go into the HOF as a Steeler (and rightfully so, Georgia Frontiere botched any chance of him going in as a Ram when she sold him up the river).

You don't pick teams like in the MLB. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Not in the sense of the bust, but in the display at the HOF where they show stills of the player they tend to keep them pretty strictly to a particular team. I highly doubt they're going to be including many stills of him in a Rams or Panthers uni.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

MLB players don't pick either. Thanks a lot, Wade Boggs.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Not in the sense of the bust, but in the display at the HOF where they show stills of the player they tend to keep them pretty strictly to a particular team. I highly doubt they're going to be including many stills of him in a Rams or Panthers uni.

We all know they;d have shown Johnny U as a Charger. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: