Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McRaider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
I'm sure it's already been mentioned but what the hell.

Carson's cap situation is tricky. He WILL be here next season. I believe Pryor sits under him another 1-2 years. No way we waste any draft picks on a QB this year. We have 99 problems but a QB ain't one, know what I mean? We build with the draft.

At this moment in time Palmer is our best QB, our best leader, our best chance of winning and it would also benefit Pryor to sit behind a pocket passer and learn the nuances of pocket passing from a vet. Pryor has gone on record saying how much he looks up to Palmer and views him as a kind of 'father figure' and someone he leans on for advice.

It's a win/win (aside from the high cap number). Pryor will be better from having learned from Palmer, though I think Pryor does have something about him and could potentially be a starting QB in the future, 1 to 2 years as you said.

I don't understand the Palmer haters. There's one on another message board I go to that is the most assanine raider fan I've ever seen. Lol

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Palmer & Co can do next season with more weapons.

+1

I guess they can't see the wood (or forest) for the trees!

the chimps saw a garbage game that did not matter for either team featuring pryor the rainbow king and people want him to start over palmer LOL but im happy we have palmer n dmac with people that will use them the way they need to the best of their abilities... if we get some real defense next season we have a chance
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
. if we get some real defense next season we have a chance

Agreed. If we had ANYTHING that resembled a defense this season, we go 8-8.

PM sig requests.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Trade Palmer we arent winning a superbowl with the dude and he is too slow for me to watch him anymore and those interceptions when we just start to march down the field smh..

So if he's fast and throws interceptions, that's OK?

No just a non mobile QB is not fun to watch, I like to watch a Qb that can escape pressure and make something out of nothing with there legs and make the crowd into the game that much more

The Aaron Brooks experiment was already tried and while I enjoyed it immensely I imagine Raider fans aged prematurely.

I don't think Palmer takes a pay cut because it isn't in his best interest. He was already give. That option in Cincinnati and declined. There isn't a QB worth the #3 pick in this draft class, so the Raiders are stuck in a rebuilding year with Palmer. Both of them benefit from the one more year theory. Palmer will not be paid the same by any other team in the league and the Raiders have no other starting option as good as Palmer.

The bright side is this frees the Raiders to draft the Death Star. Well bright side for Raider fans, sad face for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Trade Palmer we arent winning a superbowl with the dude and he is too slow for me to watch him anymore and those interceptions when we just start to march down the field smh..

So if he's fast and throws interceptions, that's OK?

No just a non mobile QB is not fun to watch, I like to watch a Qb that can escape pressure and make something out of nothing with there legs and make the crowd into the game that much more

The Aaron Brooks experiment was already tried and while I enjoyed it immensely I imagine Raider fans aged prematurely.

I don't think Palmer takes a pay cut because it isn't in his best interest. He was already give. That option in Cincinnati and declined. There isn't a QB worth the #3 pick in this draft class, so the Raiders are stuck in a rebuilding year with Palmer. Both of them benefit from the one more year theory. Palmer will not be paid the same by any other team in the league and the Raiders have no other starting option as good as Palmer.

The bright side is this frees the Raiders to draft the Death Star. Well bright side for Raider fans, sad face for me.

Bleh. Don't want Star. Brooks was an idiotic move at the time too. I wanted Garcia so bad,

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

The end results is losses. Thats all I know. I rather pay 8 to 10 mill less when it may cost us 1 or 2 wins in the long run in a lossing season. Im going to chalk this up as we disagree with how far the team is away and how long it is going to take to be competitive again. If you believe that we have a shot at playoffs or even an 8 win season next year I really have no problem with rolling with Palmer. I dont believe we are that close at all and we have alot of work to do and funds can be spent better than commiting 20 mill to a QB who isnt elite and can not lead a bad team any where.

Those two wins are likely against San Diego and KC though. I mean I am all for you guys deliberately tanking in 2013 and all but do you really want to listen to me start if we get a 4 game streak against you guys? I know I wouldn't want to take that kind of ribbing from you. Palmer isn't great but he is the best available option.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

Carson's cap situation is tricky. He WILL be here next season. I believe Pryor sits under him another 1-2 years. No way we waste any draft picks on a QB this year. We have 99 problems but a QB ain't one, know what I mean? We build with the draft.

At this moment in time Palmer is our best QB, our best leader, our best chance of winning and it would also benefit Pryor to sit behind a pocket passer and learn the nuances of pocket passing from a vet. Pryor has gone on record saying how much he looks up to Palmer and views him as a kind of 'father figure' and someone he leans on for advice.

It's a win/win (aside from the high cap number). Pryor will be better from having learned from Palmer, though I think Pryor does have something about him and could potentially be a starting QB in the future, 1 to 2 years as you said.

I don't understand the Palmer haters. There's one on another message board I go to that is the most assanine raider fan I've ever seen. Lol

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Palmer & Co can do next season with more weapons.

most said the same exact thing last year and look what happened Brick wall

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

Most expected Greg Knapp to resemble an NFL Offensive Coordinator and look what happened Brick wall

You're biased bro.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

+1

I guess they can't see the wood (or forest) for the trees!

the chimps saw a garbage game that did not matter for either team featuring pryor the rainbow king and people want him to start over palmer LOL but im happy we have palmer n dmac with people that will use them the way they need to the best of their abilities... if we get some real defense next season we have a chance

um did you miss the whole season fulla of cp greatness.
cp had an amazing year i can see why you believe in him so much i mean just look at our redzone #'s or our third down conversion % i mean cp had a career year cause he only threw 14 ints. never mind that we didnt have a first qtr td untill the 2nd den game. cp was balling out there. Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

Most expected Greg Knapp to resemble an NFL Offensive Coordinator and look what happened Brick wall

You're biased bro.

i guess i just fail to realize the greatness that is cp i mean he turned our whole franchise around. look at us before and after cp.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

You're biased bro.

i guess i just fail to realize the greatness that is cp i mean he turned our whole franchise around. look at us before and after cp.

Its like you blame him for not being able to carry a whole team. He threw a game or 2 away this year, sure but it isn't like he's the reason we sucked.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

You're biased bro.

Its like you blame him for not being able to carry a whole team. He threw a game or 2 away this year, sure but it isn't like he's the reason we sucked.

dogg he/we sucked in the redzone and on 3rd down all year. thats why we sucked.
he/ we didnt even score a td in the first qtr all year until the 2nd den game. thats why we sucked.

again i thought we were cursed then tp comes in a viola wow redzone tds and one of our/if not our best 3rd down conv % all year.

how many years are we gonna let cp slide and pay him top 10 qb money for top 15-20 qb play?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you're comical. I don't see how anyone can attempt a logical conversation. Extreme to one side or the other. Nothing in the middle. Keep up the lulzy posts.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NCOUGHMAN"][quote="Silver&Black88"]
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

he/ we didnt even score a td in the first qtr all year until the 2nd den game. thats why we sucked.

again i thought we were cursed then tp comes in a viola wow redzone tds and one of our/if not our best 3rd down conv % all year.

how many years are we gonna let cp slide and pay him top 10 qb money for top 15-20 qb play?

Do you really think that CP is the only reason we sucked in the red zone? You don't attribute it at all to receivers dropping balls, no running game, poor OL play and horrific play calling? You're better than that.

And while we're bringing up Pryor (who is completely unrelated to this btw), his Dmoore TD was on a busted coverage due to him running. He ran another one. And his DHB one was a TD Palmer can and has thrown. Not to mention has had a decent amount dropped. The only thing Pryor does better is run.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Do you really think that CP is the only reason we sucked in the red zone? You don't attribute it at all to receivers dropping balls, no running game, poor OL play and horrific play calling? You're better than that.

You know the answer to this. Palmer is the ONLY reason we lost according to Dr Coughman. Carson the reason the defense played like crap, remember? They're uninspired and don't care after seeing Palmer go three and out 2 times in the first quarter.

And how DARE you bring up WRs dropping the ball when it isn't Pryor throwing to them?? That doesn't happen unless it's Pryor!! Carson dropped those balls dammit!!

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Silver&Black88"][quote="NCOUGHMAN"]
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

And while we're bringing up Pryor (who is completely unrelated to this btw), his Dmoore TD was on a busted coverage due to him running. He ran another one. And his DHB one was a TD Palmer can and has thrown. Not to mention has had a decent amount dropped. The only thing Pryor does better is run.

he/we suck in the redzone cause we cant be creative with him. he is like a statue. everyone knows you can keep an extra guy in coverage and just stuff dmac and viola in comes seabass for another 25 yrd fg.

since you brought up tp

-the dmo td busted coverage or whatever you want to call it is something cp cant do cause he cant extend the play.

-the bootleg running tp is something cp cant do either

-the back shoulder fade is the only thing cp can do

so unless we are going to throw back shoulder fades all year in the redzone we will continue to suck. tp allows us to be more creative. the book has been written on cp everyone knows he cant run so you can sit an extra guy in coverage and the de's dont have to worry about over pursuing cause he isnt a threat to scramble.

cp is a one trick pony that is easy to defend imo.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: