Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Do you really think that CP is the only reason we sucked in the red zone? You don't attribute it at all to receivers dropping balls, no running game, poor OL play and horrific play calling? You're better than that.

You know the answer to this. Palmer is the ONLY reason we lost according to Dr Coughman. Carson the reason the defense played like crap, remember? They're uninspired and don't care after seeing Palmer go three and out 2 times in the first quarter.

And how DARE you bring up WRs dropping the ball when it isn't Pryor throwing to them?? That doesn't happen unless it's Pryor!! Carson dropped those balls dammit!!

Chill bro.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

he/we suck in the redzone cause we cant be creative with him. he is like a statue. everyone knows you can keep an extra guy in coverage and just stuff dmac and viola in comes seabass for another 25 yrd fg.

since you brought up tp

-the dmo td busted coverage or whatever you want to call it is something cp cant do cause he cant extend the play.

-the bootleg running tp is something cp cant do either

-the back shoulder fade is the only thing cp can do

so unless we are going to throw back shoulder fades all year in the redzone we will continue to suck. tp allows us to be more creative. the book has been written on cp everyone knows he cant run so you can sit an extra guy in coverage and the de's dont have to worry about over pursuing cause he isnt a threat to scramble.

cp is a one trick pony that is easy to defend imo.

LOL always extreme to one side or the other LOL

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Do you really think that CP is the only reason we sucked in the red zone? You don't attribute it at all to receivers dropping balls, no running game, poor OL play and horrific play calling? You're better than that.

You know the answer to this. Palmer is the ONLY reason we lost according to Dr Coughman. Carson the reason the defense played like crap, remember? They're uninspired and don't care after seeing Palmer go three and out 2 times in the first quarter.

And how DARE you bring up WRs dropping the ball when it isn't Pryor throwing to them?? That doesn't happen unless it's Pryor!! Carson dropped those balls dammit!!

Chill bro.

Oh I'm completely chill Smile Promise.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

there you go making up stuff again lol taggy
have i ever blamed anyone but tp for that loss?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i guess i just fail to realize the greatness that is cp i mean he turned our whole franchise around. look at us before and after cp.

Its like you blame him for not being able to carry a whole team. He threw a game or 2 away this year, sure but it isn't like he's the reason we sucked.

dogg he/we sucked in the redzone and on 3rd down all year. thats why we sucked.
he/ we didnt even score a td in the first qtr all year until the 2nd den game. thats why we sucked.

again i thought we were cursed then tp comes in a viola wow redzone tds and one of our/if not our best 3rd down conv % all year.

how many years are we gonna let cp slide and pay him top 10 qb money for top 15-20 qb play?

And while we're bringing up Pryor (who is completely unrelated to this btw), his Dmoore TD was on a busted coverage due to him running. He ran another one. And his DHB one was a TD Palmer can and has thrown. Not to mention has had a decent amount dropped. The only thing Pryor does better is run.

he/we suck in the redzone cause we cant be creative with him. he is like a statue. everyone knows you can keep an extra guy in coverage and just stuff dmac and viola in comes seabass for another 25 yrd fg.

since you brought up tp

-the dmo td busted coverage or whatever you want to call it is something cp cant do cause he cant extend the play.

so unless we are going to throw back shoulder fades all year in the redzone we will continue to suck. tp allows us to be more creative. the book has been written on cp everyone knows he cant run so you can sit an extra guy in coverage and the de's dont have to worry about over pursuing cause he isnt a threat to scramble.

He's had to do a lot of movement in the pocket though, especially with our OL the way it is. He's got some mobility, and calling him a statue is BS. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but its true.

What I gather from this is that you hate Palmer only because he isn't a running qb. Because saying he's a statue that can only throw back shoulder throws is ridiculous.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i guess i just fail to realize the greatness that is cp i mean he turned our whole franchise around. look at us before and after cp.

Its like you blame him for not being able to carry a whole team. He threw a game or 2 away this year, sure but it isn't like he's the reason we sucked.

he/ we didnt even score a td in the first qtr all year until the 2nd den game. thats why we sucked.

again i thought we were cursed then tp comes in a viola wow redzone tds and one of our/if not our best 3rd down conv % all year.

how many years are we gonna let cp slide and pay him top 10 qb money for top 15-20 qb play?

And while we're bringing up Pryor (who is completely unrelated to this btw), his Dmoore TD was on a busted coverage due to him running. He ran another one. And his DHB one was a TD Palmer can and has thrown. Not to mention has had a decent amount dropped. The only thing Pryor does better is run.

since you brought up tp

He's had to do a lot of movement in the pocket though, especially with our OL the way it is. He's got some mobility, and calling him a statue is BS. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but its true.

What I gather from this is that you hate Palmer only because he isn't a running qb. Because saying he's a statue that can only throw back shoulder throws is ridiculous.

-he is a statue aka "frozen goods" as i like to call it. sure he can dodge a pass rusher here and there but he is like a cat whose nine lives are running out. tp on the other hand can and will dodge a rusher with ease plus he can either extend the play and give his wrs more time to get open or scramble for a 5 yard or more gain. cp cant do that. i agree our o-line is trash and thats why a mobile qb will have a better chance of surviving.

-i said the back shoulder stuff cause it was in reference to you talking about tp. i know cp can make all the throws everyone knows that even the defenses. thats why they just drop that extra guy in coverage and viola the offense gets stalled. imo qbs need to be able to throw and scramble its a new era.

no i dont like cp cause
-he isnt worth the money he is being paid
-he is too old for a rebuilding team
-he has only led us to 8 wins and 19 losses iirc
-he makes too many rookie mistakes for a 32 year old player
-he is easy to game plan against cause he is a one trick pony
-we dont have the type of team he needs to support him
-he cant/wont run for a first even if his has a wide open 20 yard cushion.

the game is changing, defenses are smarter and faster than they have even been. a mobile qb imo evens the odds. tp can throw also he may not throw 20 yard darts like cp but he can do other things cp only dreams about. lets also not act like cp didnt over throw hella balls or put throw dirt balls either.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

+1

Palmer wasn't bad in the redzone: 13 TDs 1 INT on 66 RZ attempts.

Our RBs, on the other hand, combined for just 50 yards and 1 TD on 36 RZ attempts (1.3 YPC).

Regardless of how you feel about Palmer's RZ performance, he was leaps and bounds better than our RBs. Our longest RZ run by a RB was 7 yards, Palmer's was 6 Embarassed

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

+1

Our RBs, on the other hand, combined for just 50 yards and 1 TD on 36 RZ attempts (1.3 YPC).

Regardless of how you feel about Palmer's RZ performance, he was leaps and bounds better than our RBs. Our longest RZ run by a RB was 7 yards, Palmer's was 6 Embarassed

Wow, I didn't realize how efficient Palmer was in the red zone. I did know our RBs were trash but that's actually pretty impressive.

PM sig requests.
Tacos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

tp on the other hand can and will dodge a rusher with ease plus he can either extend the play and give his wrs more time to get open or scramble for a 5 yard or more gain
TP can also run backwards and get sacked for a 10+ yard loss quite a bit, like what happened in pre-season.

What does TP do once teams start putting spies on him? Once they have tape to watch?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

+1

so cp scored in the rz 20% of the time. wow lol. ok now i see the light lol.

how did tp do in the redzone?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

tp on the other hand can and will dodge a rusher with ease plus he can either extend the play and give his wrs more time to get open or scramble for a 5 yard or more gain
TP can also run backwards and get sacked for a 10+ yard loss quite a bit, like what happened in pre-season.

What does TP do once teams start putting spies on him? Once they have tape to watch?

tp from preseason to tp vrs sd was night and day. imo he learned his lesson. in sd he was running for his life but never lost yards iirc. also turned would be (cp) sacks into 5 yrd gains.

tp can out run any lb/de and is bigger than any db. i like my chances with tp in the open field vrs anyone.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Dr Coughman put that in his "good" section after that game so obviously it doesn't matter to him. I agree though.I mean, once defenses get tape of him and his rainbows, he'll be as ineffective as they come. I've never seen so much undeserved hype for a guy who can't put any zip on the ball. We might as well have Kellen Moore out there.

PM sig requests.
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well depends if he reconstructs his contract or not, if he doesn't trade him to az for a 2nd round pick then trade down our 3rd overall and swoop up on 2 4 6th round picks my wish butttt I like him staying and helping Pryor out for him to start in 2014 or start the later half of the season.
dmac505

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

since you brought up tp

-he is a statue aka "frozen goods" as i like to call it. sure he can dodge a pass rusher here and there but he is like a cat whose nine lives are running out. tp on the other hand can and will dodge a rusher with ease plus he can either extend the play and give his wrs more time to get open or scramble for a 5 yard or more gain. cp cant do that. i agree our o-line is trash and thats why a mobile qb will have a better chance of surviving.

-i said the back shoulder stuff cause it was in reference to you talking about tp. i know cp can make all the throws everyone knows that even the defenses. thats why they just drop that extra guy in coverage and viola the offense gets stalled. imo qbs need to be able to throw and scramble its a new era.

no i dont like cp cause
-he isnt worth the money he is being paid
-he is too old for a rebuilding team
-he has only led us to 8 wins and 19 losses iirc
-he makes too many rookie mistakes for a 32 year old player
-he is easy to game plan against cause he is a one trick pony
-we dont have the type of team he needs to support him
-he cant/wont run for a first even if his has a wide open 20 yard cushion.

the game is changing, defenses are smarter and faster than they have even been. a mobile qb imo evens the odds. tp can throw also he may not throw 20 yard darts like cp but he can do other things cp only dreams about. lets also not act like cp didnt over throw hella balls or put throw dirt balls either.

Football is a team game. When D's have to put an extra man in coverage, the QB is doing his part as there should be more holes for the Run game... its not Palmers fault Knapp wouldnt see this.

Its like when a team stacks the box against the run... its not the RBs fault he cant find a hole... but he is helping the team tremendously because the passing lanes should be more open.
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so the battle rages on..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: