Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What about drafting Gerald Hodges in the 2nd or 3rd?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermertne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: What about drafting Gerald Hodges in the 2nd or 3rd? Reply with quote

I wanna know what everyone else thinks of this, I wanted the giants to draft Bowman or Lee.... I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to try a Penn State linebacker out their top LB's have been stars
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Ermertne Very Happy

I would love for us to land Hodges, I think he'll go before our pick in the 2nd though.

From what I've seen from him, he's got the look of a future talent in the NFL. And I think his combine will really show it.

Not a Knicks fan
Ermertne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, I see a lot of mocks but never Gerald Hodges (I think 1 time I did) he's very athletic and good instincts and flies around the field even Mike mauti would be good in a later round but his injures have been a problem
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What about drafting Gerald Hodges in the 2nd or 3rd? Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
I wanna know what everyone else thinks of this, I wanted the giants to draft Bowman or Lee.... I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to try a Penn State linebacker out their top LB's have been stars

I actually have been mocking Hodges in almost every mock I have done on the GMEN forum. I would love him in Round 3. I think he projects mid 3-4th. I like his style and can start right away. His combine numbers are unlikley to propell him above other, more explosive players ahead of him (like Green, Ogletree, Brown, Minter, etc).
Ermertne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really seen those linebackers highlights or anything but I think the giants main concern is offensive line so I think that should be taken care of first then maybe the CB from Florida st in the second then Hodges in the 3rd (in a perfect world lol) I think linebackers are pretty deep in this draft
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
I haven't really seen those linebackers highlights or anything but I think the giants main concern is offensive line so I think that should be taken care of first then maybe the CB from Florida st in the second then Hodges in the 3rd (in a perfect world lol) I think linebackers are pretty deep in this draft

Rhodes will most likely be a first rounder, I highly doubt he'd be available at pick 51. It's a possibility we take him in the first round too. And also.. giants main concern is not offensive line. Sure, it could be upgraded, but wasn't Eli Manning the fewest sacked QB in the league last year? Linebacker is definitely the biggest need and defensive backs.
D. Lawrence, J. Matthews, W. Richburg, J. Amaro, J. Attaochu, D. Adams
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

Rhodes will most likely be a first rounder, I highly doubt he'd be available at pick 51. It's a possibility we take him in the first round too. And also.. giants main concern is not offensive line. Sure, it could be upgraded, but wasn't Eli Manning the fewest sacked QB in the league last year? Linebacker is definitely the biggest need and defensive backs.

This.

Assuming we can retain Beatty, the only spot I can see changing is RT. Boothe and Snee are capable starters. Baas stinks, but I don't think we can get out of that contract.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linebacker is probably the biggest need, but theirs a alot of good linebackers it would be a reach for one in the first round if the top guys are not there then, the offensive line is pretty old besides beatty, 27 everyone else is 30 and up none of them can stay healthy and boothe and beatty are FA so why not if theres a top guy there
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll end up drafting a DE in the first unless some prime O-line or DB talent falls to us. Draft is heavy in DE talent and we're losing Osi, no idea what's going on with Tuck leaving basically JPP to carry the load and he can't if he's the only guy out there who can do anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people think of Kevin Minter- LSU or Khaseem Greene- Rutgers for Round 2?

Last edited by fracdaddy14 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Ermertne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they don't cause I think we have good DE If they do get rid of tuck they could move kiwi back to full time DE and I like Adrian Tracy and adewale ojomo and Martellus Bennett said he was gonna try and get his brother to come to the giants Michael Bennett (DE for the buccs had 9 sack this year) but that speculation right now I just think their defense got hit with the super bowl slump I still like Webster but that position is still a major concern but linebackers are deep so they can grab one in the later round same with offensive linemen
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
What do people think of Kevin Minter- LSU or Khaseem Greene- Rutgers for Round 3?

Neither of them will be there in round 3. If they are, steal of the century.

As for Hodges, I'm all for taking him in the 3rd. Giants need to grab someone from Linebacker U (Penn St.) and I think Hodges can start in the middle for the next decade or so.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
fracdaddy14 wrote:
What do people think of Kevin Minter- LSU or Khaseem Greene- Rutgers for Round 3?

As for Hodges, I'm all for taking him in the 3rd. Giants need to grab someone from Linebacker U (Penn St.) and I think Hodges can start in the middle for the next decade or so.

Sorry, I meant in Round 3.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:
fracdaddy14 wrote:

Sorry, I meant in Round 3.

I think you mean round 2. Smile
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper has us taking Sam Montgomery out of LSU in the 1st round. Caaaalled it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: