Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All Pro teams announced: Peterson, Watt get 50 votes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
What's the reasoning for only having 1 QB on each team but 2 RBs?

in an eleven man offensive lineup, it's not unusual to field two RB's.

congrats to Viking rookie kicker Blair Walsh, wow what a season for the kid!

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Thomas 2nd team? best pass blocking tackle in the game this year. The reason I could see him not making it this year is his run blocking ability. At football outsiders they have the Cleveland rushing attack behind the LT ranked a 23rd, and left end at 19th. I will say Ryan Schwartz had a great rookie year. Running behind him the Browns were ranked 11th and 3rd when they ran right to the outside.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Mankins?

Donald Thomas was just as good at LG this year as our back up...

Good to see Wilfork make it and the blind love for Manning over Rodgers and Brady is just....

Donald Thomas was better!
game3525

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao, so Weddle gets second team all-pro......but is a 5th pro bowl alternate. And Peyton over Rodgers and Brady is a bit of a joke IMO.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to truly regroup the defensive positions. They should vote on 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 3-4 DL/4-3 DT as one, 4-3 OLB, 3-4 OLB and MLB/ILBs as one. it would be much more fair and would create less confusion.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
congrats to Viking rookie kicker Blair Walsh, wow what a season for the kid!

Applause

the only players getting more All-Pro votes than Walsh are:

50 Adrian Peterson
50 JJ Watt
49 Calvin Johnson
48 Von Miller
47 Aldon Smith
43 Peyton Manning

impressive!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
Knew the list was a joke when Peyton Manning won he 1st team All-Pro spot despite inferior numbers across the board to Aaron Rodgers except for yardage despite a much better running game and a healthy supporting cast helping him out...

Also, good to know that Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman are always going to make it on name, not on their play. I'm not saying that they're not good. They're bot top 5-10. But Lawrence Timmons has outplayed Willis in 2010 and 2012 and didn't receive the votes simply because of Willis' play in the past. Willis and Bowman had much more help around them than Timmons.

This argument has probably been said for every 49ers player on defense by now. I've seen it for Aldon countless times, for Goldson, for Culliver, for Rogers, now for Willis and Bowman, I'm sure it's emerged for Justin Smith... so what gives. Which of them are actually elite, and which are just good players feeding off the rest?

At no point did I ever say they weren't elite. At what point did I ever say that they weren't elite? I said top 5-10 which was mainly aimed at Bowman because I have the top 5 ILB as...

1.) Willis
2.) Cushing
3.) Timmons
4.) Johnson
5.) Bowman

Nor have I ever questioned the other people. You seem to forget I was pushing for Justin Smith as DPoTY last season. The ONLY 2 49ers I think are benefitting from play by others are Aldon Smith and Navorro Bowman. However, as you can see Bowman is still ranked 5th at his respective position by me. However, Smith's sackless streak once Justin went out speaks volumes to me.

All I'm saying is those 2 merely have to eclipse 100 tackles and have a few splash plays for the next 4 or 5 seasons in order to get All-Pro honors and it's not fair. But I guess I shouldn't be whining as Maurkice Pouncey only has to play 14 games a season to get All-Pro honors apparently.

All I am saying is that Lawrence Timmons is getting screwed over fo the 2nd time. Not that they're not good.

- 7/24/14
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
Knew the list was a joke when Peyton Manning won he 1st team All-Pro spot despite inferior numbers across the board to Aaron Rodgers except for yardage despite a much better running game and a healthy supporting cast helping him out...

Also, good to know that Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman are always going to make it on name, not on their play. I'm not saying that they're not good. They're bot top 5-10. But Lawrence Timmons has outplayed Willis in 2010 and 2012 and didn't receive the votes simply because of Willis' play in the past. Willis and Bowman had much more help around them than Timmons.

This argument has probably been said for every 49ers player on defense by now. I've seen it for Aldon countless times, for Goldson, for Culliver, for Rogers, now for Willis and Bowman, I'm sure it's emerged for Justin Smith... so what gives. Which of them are actually elite, and which are just good players feeding off the rest?

I find it funny someones actually complaining about Pat and Bow when London Fletcher made the second team somehow after possibly his worst season as a professional.

I thought that was a given I was upset about that. However, London Fletcher got to be in a few "big" games down the stretch with some splash plays so of course the AP who watches maybe 3 games a week voted for him based on that.

- 7/24/14
lionslicer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
They need to tell voters what position each player is. Justin Smith making it at DT and DE is retarded.

He was the only player in history to make the pro bowl at 2 different positions last years (DT and DE)...

He's just that awesome, get over it.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning feasts on your tears.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
Apparently Lance Briggs got a vote at inside linebacker. Not sure how that happened.
Most likely somebody just didn't want to leave him off their ballot but had to vote for Miller and Smith b/c they deserved it. It makes sense when you think about it, he has just as much right to be considered an ILB as the 3-4 OLBs have to be considered OLBs when really they are DL

Doesn't make sense to me. He never plays inside of anybody, so how can he be an inside linebacker? The OLB/DE debate is different because sometimes an OLB will function as a DE. I'm all for OLBers who rarely drop into coverage to be counted as a DE as far as Pro Bowl/All-pro voting is concerned, but then that requires a judgement call.
If the Steelers ran a 4-3, chances are he'd be an OLB. But he's in a 3-4, so he's an ILB. If Briggs was in a 3-4, he'd be an ILB. I get the logic of the voter.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Burnett got a vote.

lol

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowman showed last year without Willis he was still great. As for Aldon, it's not like he even got a sack in the Patriots game WITH Justin Smith. The man issue is he is banged up and not as explosive as he was before the Miami game. During the 2nd half of that game, he hurt his shoulder and did the same against the Patriots.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ngata did not have a good season, and anyone who voted for him wasn't paying attention.

No, the people who weren't paying attention were the ones who blindly latched on to this thought because they heard he was dealing with injuries. It wasn't quite what we're used to seeing from Ngata, but he still had a great year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Quote:
Ngata did not have a good season, and anyone who voted for him wasn't paying attention.

No, the people who weren't paying attention were the ones who blindly latched on to this thought because they heard he was dealing with injuries. It wasn't quite what we're used to seeing from Ngata, but he still had a great year.

Ngata was def still a beast.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: