Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Greg Roman and Alex Smith to come as pair
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
No, the other thread was about who would be our starting QB next in 2013. Wink
trying to change the subject again? nice troll job.
I never said that wasn't the thread, but in the thread we we talking about a different topic. You said worst QB in 2011 was Tebow, that was the topic in the thread we were talking about.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith, each of the last 4 seasons, had a higher QB rating than Henne or Gabbert's career best season.

Each of the last 4 seasons, he had a better TD to INT ratio than Henne's best, and 3 out of the 4, it was better than Gabbert's best. And if you add in fumbles, all 4 seasons are better.

If you grade how good a QB is on those two things, then Alex Smith undeniably better than the other two.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I never said that wasn't the thread, but in the thread we we talking about a different topic. You said worst QB in 2011 was Tebow, that was the topic in the thread we were talking about.

It was a joke. Holy crap.

You must be a delight at parties. Laughing

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Alex Smith, each of the last 4 seasons, had a higher QB rating than Henne or Gabbert's career best season.

Each of the last 4 seasons, he had a better TD to INT ratio than Henne's best, and 3 out of the 4, it was better than Gabbert's best. And if you add in fumbles, all 4 seasons are better.

If you grade how good a QB is on those two things, then Alex Smith undeniably better than the other two.
I don't. I used those 2 stats in a different thread about a different topic. I gave my reasons why I'm against getting Alex Smith in my 1st post in this thread maybe you should re-read it.

How many draft pics do we need to give up to get Henne or Gabbert on our team next year? Will either of them demand a salary as big as $8 mil a year? Because that's what Alex Smith's current contract costs.

All 3 are crap, you can pretend differently all you want. If Smith was already on the team at a reasonable price and Henne or Gabbert weren't, then I would prefer Smith. If Roman can improve Smith over the last 2 seasons then why couldn't he do the same thing with Gabbert or Henne? None of them are the long term answer. Gabbert had a much better rookie year than Smith did.

Likewise, any of them could be coached up to be a stopgag QB for a year or two.

I'd rather have SF's DC Fangio as the HC, but I wouldn't hate it if we got Roman
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

what's the joke? you were pretending I stated that the other thread was called something else, but i didn't?

Wow, you're a laugh riot.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
I don't. I used those 2 stats in a different thread about a different topic.

So you think that QB Rating and TD:INT rating showed that Tebow had a better year, right? If each of Smith's last 4 years are better than either of those guys' year, how is he not a better player?

Quote:
How many draft pics do we need to give up to get Henne or Gabbert on our team next year? Will either of them demand a salary as big as $8 mil a year? Because that's what Alex Smith's current contract costs.

Or you wait for the 49ers to cut him. Because of how his contract is structured, they're likely to let him go. And then you sign him to a modest deal and let a QB develop behind him.

Quote:
All 3 are crap, you can pretend differently all you want.

Is Alex Smith crap though? I mean, you, yourself said that "Alex Smith was very efficient this year" And that "Last year he was 9th in QB rating and he led his team to the playoffs, are you pretending Alex Smith is a failure the last 2 seasons?"

And if even before Roman went there, Alex Smith had two straight seasons better than anything that either of the current QBs on our roster did, wouldn't that kind of lend credence to the idea that Roman can get more out of Smith than he'll likely get out of the other two? He was already better than the other two proved to be thus far.

- Best since day one -
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

what's the joke? you were pretending I stated that the other thread was called something else, but i didn't?

Wow, you're a laugh riot.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want Geno over Alex but if we got Alex and then got a beast defender, I'd be okay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I still want Geno over Alex but if we got Alex and then got a beast defender, I'd be okay

I'd rather move forward with Blaine and Palmer than bother with Smith. But the QB class is seemingly weak while the impact players on defense seem so numerous.

I say give Blaine a real opportunity to shine under an established QB molder. If Blaine doesn't have it, at least you know and you have an opportunity at what will most likely be a much stronger class in 2014. It's going to be hard to see us pass on a potential dominant defender for the sake of chasing a need at quarterback.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I'd rather move forward with Blaine and Palmer than bother with Smith. But the QB class is seemingly weak while the impact players on defense seem so numerous.

Palmer?

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Palmer, probably.

- Best since day one -
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Jordan Palmer, probably.

Yeah but, why would we stick with Palmer over Henne?

I hate the Jaguars
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I say give Blaine a real opportunity to shine under an established QB molder. If Blaine doesn't have it, at least you know and you have an opportunity at what will most likely be a much stronger class in 2014. It's going to be hard to see us pass on a potential dominant defender for the sake of chasing a need at quarterback.

Henne will remain. I have a jaguars henne jersey so he better not leave.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Laughing Really?

I hate the Jaguars
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: