Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams New Stadium (Just an article, Nothing more)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7663
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Rams New Stadium (Just an article, Nothing more) Reply with quote

David Hunn wrote:
Jeff Rainford, St. Louis Mayor Francis Slayís chief of staff, wants the Rams to stay downtown.

But if the team finds a new home and stays in the region, he said, thatís a good second option.
Go read the article, its time that everyone gets serious about this, because its coming soon.

I've been saying it for a long time, there are 2 major factors that the CVC just isnt going to be able to provide Stan Kroenke:
1) Stan wants to own his own stadium, and be able to us it for other events
2) He wants to bring Tailgating back, and more importantly rake in the revenue from parking

So hopefully they get this arbitration process expedited, Stan has a package settlement with the City & CVC, and we can break ground on a new stadium in the next 18 months. Kroenke is one of the best owners in sports, he is a great business man, and he is totally committed to completely revitalizing this entire franchise. The first step of that was committing to a real Front Office, next is building a consistent contender, and creating/reestablishing the football culture is the final step.

Having those in place are what we need here again in St. Louis, it is what has been instilled though this city when it comes to Baseball, and to a lesser extent Hockey, and for a 5 year period we caught lightning in a bottle when it came to the Rams. We cant count on that to happen again, it needs to be instilled in the fabric of the community. So when dark days do happen, we can still enjoy the culture, the tail gating, the BBQ. The only reason we have stayed this loyal to this terrible stretch with this franchise, is the innate loyalty of the midwestern hospitality and the pain we've been put through by the Blues combined by the championship mentality we get from the Cardinals that came out of dark days. And last but not least the glimmer of dominance we all still remember from the GSOT and the hope that one day we will be back.


So here's to the new stadium
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lilant2398


Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: St.louis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put it in fenton or right across the river
_________________
St.louis Rams don't play 60 minutes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7663
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
put it in fenton or right across the river
Theyre not going across the river, there are plenty of places in Missouri.

The obvious spot is down in Fenton on the old Chrysler plant grounds, which Kroenke & his associates have been liked to for some time now. Its the most logical spot, and where I think they ultimately end up. But there is also plenty of land out in Maryland Heights or Earth City, heck they could even go more west into the suburban areas if they need to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenton would be great, right off 270 so easy to get to and for me I live right at 141 and Manchester, so it'd be a 10 minute drive compared to over 30. Plus the drive home it'd save me almost an hour. Plus a new stadium would be bad [inappropriate/removed] hopefully an outdoor one not a dome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Special Teamer


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 2175
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is not a dome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7663
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special Teamer wrote:
I hope it is not a dome.
Just as all the new ones I would assume it would be a retractable roof. I liked the mockups they had for the renovations downtown, that make it look like a slanted roof. Dont want the pop-up opening tho, full retractible should be the way to go.


If we get a new one, dont go cookie-cutter. Make it recognizable, make it a land mark of St. Louis. It needs to be something that can last 25-30 years, and easily upgradable (relative).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3721
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been harping for the old chrysler plant location for years. It is perfect as it is within one mile of Interstate 270 and 141. This makes it convenient for fans from south, north, and west county to get there. Also, downtown is only 15 minutes away by taking Interstate 44.

There is no better site for a new build. Maryland Heights/Earth City area is not a centralized location, unless you live in Saint Charles, but who cares about "the Chuck" anyway.

My favorite aspect of the 44/Bowles site is that it is inconvenient only for the rich folk that reside in the Ladue and Clayton areas. I'm sick of seeing golf clapping at our games.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7663
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
The original plan was to do that, instead of having it dead-end in the beginning of the central corridor, This would give them the reason needed to do it so people dont just use the "crime" excuse for saying no to it.

I would think it would be set up much like Arrowhead and those type of stadiums, parking fanning out all around the stadium if not 360 degrees around it. You would likely have the strip center outlining 2 sides of the parking lot of a few Hotels, restaurants & what not.

It should be done there, and hopefully will be in the next 5 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3721
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
The original plan was to do that, instead of having it dead-end in the beginning of the central corridor, This would give them the reason needed to do it so people dont just use the "crime" excuse for saying no to it.

I would think it would be set up much like Arrowhead and those type of stadiums, parking fanning out all around the stadium if not 360 degrees around it. You would likely have the strip center outlining 2 sides of the parking lot of a few Hotels, restaurants & what not.

It should be done there, and hopefully will be in the next 5 years.


Don't forget, there are already several hotels across the highway as well. What would this mean for the Strattford Inn?
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
The original plan was to do that, instead of having it dead-end in the beginning of the central corridor, This would give them the reason needed to do it so people dont just use the "crime" excuse for saying no to it.

I would think it would be set up much like Arrowhead and those type of stadiums, parking fanning out all around the stadium if not 360 degrees around it. You would likely have the strip center outlining 2 sides of the parking lot of a few Hotels, restaurants & what not.

It should be done there, and hopefully will be in the next 5 years.


Don't forget, there are already several hotels across the highway as well. What would this mean for the Strattford Inn?


Amazing economy boost, I mean honestly you build a stadium in there and now that Fenpark becomes a huge hot spot for businesses. You would see tons of bars and stuff open up around there. It would be so awesome because I work in Fenpark lol I'd totally park at work and then walk over. I mean this is huge not for the team but for the community. I would love to have that close to me boom like this. But realistically it wouldn't happen =\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3721
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
The original plan was to do that, instead of having it dead-end in the beginning of the central corridor, This would give them the reason needed to do it so people dont just use the "crime" excuse for saying no to it.

I would think it would be set up much like Arrowhead and those type of stadiums, parking fanning out all around the stadium if not 360 degrees around it. You would likely have the strip center outlining 2 sides of the parking lot of a few Hotels, restaurants & what not.

It should be done there, and hopefully will be in the next 5 years.


Don't forget, there are already several hotels across the highway as well. What would this mean for the Strattford Inn?


Amazing economy boost, I mean honestly you build a stadium in there and now that Fenpark becomes a huge hot spot for businesses. You would see tons of bars and stuff open up around there. It would be so awesome because I work in Fenpark lol I'd totally park at work and then walk over. I mean this is huge not for the team but for the community. I would love to have that close to me boom like this. But realistically it wouldn't happen =\


I was joking about the Strattford Inn. That place should have been bulldozed a decade ago. If you are from the area, then you know what I mean.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7663
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
The original plan was to do that, instead of having it dead-end in the beginning of the central corridor, This would give them the reason needed to do it so people dont just use the "crime" excuse for saying no to it.

I would think it would be set up much like Arrowhead and those type of stadiums, parking fanning out all around the stadium if not 360 degrees around it. You would likely have the strip center outlining 2 sides of the parking lot of a few Hotels, restaurants & what not.

It should be done there, and hopefully will be in the next 5 years.


Don't forget, there are already several hotels across the highway as well. What would this mean for the Strattford Inn?


Amazing economy boost, I mean honestly you build a stadium in there and now that Fenpark becomes a huge hot spot for businesses. You would see tons of bars and stuff open up around there. It would be so awesome because I work in Fenpark lol I'd totally park at work and then walk over. I mean this is huge not for the team but for the community. I would love to have that close to me boom like this. But realistically it wouldn't happen =\


I was joking about the Strattford Inn. That place should have been bulldozed a decade ago. If you are from the area, then you know what I mean.
I was really hoping thats what you were getting at.

But it could help industrialize the entire area, and would bring in alot of extra business that even Downtown doesnt even get.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3721
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
The big thing though now is do we run Metro more west? You want the Illinois fans to be able to come easier to the games. So a metro station in Fenton would be great for fans to come out. Also for me to go in for the Blues games...
The original plan was to do that, instead of having it dead-end in the beginning of the central corridor, This would give them the reason needed to do it so people dont just use the "crime" excuse for saying no to it.

I would think it would be set up much like Arrowhead and those type of stadiums, parking fanning out all around the stadium if not 360 degrees around it. You would likely have the strip center outlining 2 sides of the parking lot of a few Hotels, restaurants & what not.

It should be done there, and hopefully will be in the next 5 years.


Don't forget, there are already several hotels across the highway as well. What would this mean for the Strattford Inn?


Amazing economy boost, I mean honestly you build a stadium in there and now that Fenpark becomes a huge hot spot for businesses. You would see tons of bars and stuff open up around there. It would be so awesome because I work in Fenpark lol I'd totally park at work and then walk over. I mean this is huge not for the team but for the community. I would love to have that close to me boom like this. But realistically it wouldn't happen =\


I was joking about the Strattford Inn. That place should have been bulldozed a decade ago. If you are from the area, then you know what I mean.
I was really hoping thats what you were getting at.

But it could help industrialize the entire area, and would bring in alot of extra business that even Downtown doesnt even get.


Definitely, and people grossly overestimate the negative effect it would have on downtown Saint Louis. There's not a single business down there that relies on the 8 days of the year that the Rams play there, and that Dome gets very little use aside from that.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7663
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Definitely, and people grossly overestimate the negative effect it would have on downtown Saint Louis. There's not a single business down there that relies on the 8 days of the year that the Rams play there, and that Dome gets very little use aside from that.
The only other time it sells out is Monster Jam (which is surprisingly awesome if youve never been). None of those parking lots are owned by the rams, and I think for alot of them its unaccounted for revenue (no taxes).

Not many people go to bars down there before or after games (the closest is the other end of Wash Ave.) Not too many are going to the Hotels down there after the game other than out-of-towners. And people are still going to go to the Casinos down there regardless of Football.

It makes too much sense not to do this, and mot owners I would say that means it wont, but with the business man that Stan is, he will most likely get it done, and we could have one of the premier venues & areas in the nation to host alot more thengs other than 8 (hopfully 10) Rams games per year.

Heck, he might even finally get us that MLS team that we deserve & have been passed over for the past 3 rounds of expansion. How cool would a smaller Soccer Stadium just for an MLS team on other the other side of the Parking Lots be?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group